+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

Bassel136

Dec 24, 2018
I have added my newborn kid post AOR and they gave me 30 days to submit docs. 8 month’s is too long wonder how will CIC accommodate this.
oh sorry this definitely a typo from my side! I meant 8 weeks not months!! still a bit long though but it is what it is for the moment, I will just have to see how CIC will reply to this situation!

bit of worry though...

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Folks,
Does anyone know the "As of" date for the GCMS notes? Are those notes updated to the date they are issued at OR are they updated to the date they were requested? Technically, I would assume that those notes are updated as of the date they are issue; however, the entire pdf document keeps reflecting the request date and therefore my confusion.Can someone please provide their expertise on this?

@legalfalcon any idea?
The requested date that you see on the top of the GCMS notes is the internal date on which the ATIP Officer requested the system orr entered the request for the GCMS notes after identifying the client and the application.

The date at the bottom, generated date is the date on which the notes were generated, and reflect your application as on that date.

Hochspitch

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
I bit the bullet and applied for a bridging visa because my working visa ends on Jan 29th and my 6 month mark would hit Jan 30th and I'm not confident that I'll get PPR by then. So I figured I would get a bridging visa to tide me over. Submitted all the applications and all the same stupid documents I've submitted to CIC about a million times now, paid the $255 fee and now it's telling me the processing time for the bridging visa is 69 days which means that visa is completely useless if I don't even get it before my working holiday visa expires. Now I'm freaked that if I don't get PPR by Jan 29th I'm going to be screwed. Anyone got any advice/feedback?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I bit the bullet and applied for a bridging visa because my working visa ends on Jan 29th and my 6 month mark would hit Jan 30th and I'm not confident that I'll get PPR by then. So I figured I would get a bridging visa to tide me over. Submitted all the applications and all the same stupid documents I've submitted to CIC about a million times now, paid the $255 fee and now it's telling me the processing time for the bridging visa is 69 days which means that visa is completely useless if I don't even get it before my working holiday visa expires. Now I'm freaked that if I don't get PPR by Jan 29th I'm going to be screwed. Anyone got any advice/feedback?
Not an expert in this as I've never gone through the process. But from what I have read on forums here won't you have "implied status" till the time a decision is taken on your application. You may want to Google that .

Reactions: tobs

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Not an expert in this as I've never gone through the process. But from what I have read on forums here won't you have "implied status" till the time a decision is taken on your application. You may want to Google that .
You are correct.! Once you apply for your bridging work permit you get into implied status. And you are allowed to legally work in Canada whilst a decision is made. I am July 4th aor and currently in Ip2 status. 6days until I reach my 6th month mark. Currently on bowp which was approved in 64days.

Reactions: cecict and tobs

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
12 days to 6 months processing timeline

dphotawala

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
The requested date that you see on the top of the GCMS notes is the internal date on which the ATIP Officer requested the system orr entered the request for the GCMS notes after identifying the client and the application.

The date at the bottom, generated date is the date on which the notes were generated, and reflect your application as on that date.
The request date at the top and generation date at the bottom is the same. This confuses me completely. My GCMS notes were delayed by 20 days (received it on 50th day); in that case, how could my notes be generated on the day of request? Any thoughts?

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
The request date at the top and generation date at the bottom is the same. This confuses me completely. My GCMS notes were delayed by 20 days (received it on 50th day); in that case, how could my notes be generated on the day of request? Any thoughts?
This happened to me as well. The notes were "GENERATED" on 10 OCT (same day as filing the request) but were delivered only on 11 Nov which is very weird.
Why does IRCC sit on notes that it already generated for 30 days!!?

schilz

Star Member
Dec 25, 2018
My guess is that the notes are 'Generated' (exported from their system) the day you request them, however they must wait for manual review by an officer to edit out the security-related information and give a final approval before the notes are released.