Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
From this status bar one thing is clear- 6 months does not start from R10 which is something mentioned everywhere on this forum and elsewhere as well. They are clearly stating that it start from AOR.

@legalfalcon your thoughts?
It does say from R10 (once your application is considered complete) on the website.
So they're the ones contradicting themselves.

Reactions: Jaywalker

SahanK

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Guys,
I have received Confirmation of Permanent Residency (CoPR). Today, I have collected my passports from VFS...
Adding my timeline for one final time...:)

AOR: July 24th
MEP: Aug 15th
IP1: Aug 15th
IP2: Nov 9th
Ghost Update: Nov 15th
PPR: Nov 29th
Passport Submitted: Dec 4th
CoPR Received: Dec 11th

VO: CPC-Ottawa
No of Applicants: 2

Good luck all....!!!
All the best Heshan

Reactions: Heshan

NanSat28

Dec 4, 2018
Chennai
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-07-2018
The fact that you're in IP1 doesn't mean there's anything wrong in your application. Some visa offices don't move aplications to IP2 at all and give PPRs from IP1.
IP1 & IP2 do not really reflect how close or far you are to getting PPR.
I don't think you need to wait till the 6th month is over to apply for your GCMS, tell you agent you want to apply now and if you have your application details, you can apply for GCMS on your own.
Ya sure

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
Ohh. Interesting. I might have gotren a ghost update.
I haven't logged in since Friday last week so this may be the long awaited Ghost. Lol
I'll still like to know if anyone else got the "application updated" message for the "progress bar"
In their email or on their account? Im confused

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
In their email or on their account? Im confused
My account. When I logged into my account. Rather than the usual "submitted", I saw " application/profile updated".

Regal_B

Dec 12, 2018
Guys, does the question mark symbol next to your progress bar also say that the estimation time may change depending on this, that and the other?

KarRml

Oct 28, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
My account. When I logged into my account. Rather than the usual "submitted", I saw " application/profile updated".
That's "CASPER"

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
I am not able to see the progress bar. Now what does this mean? got all emails which confirmed I will be getting Progress Bar.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I am not able to see the progress bar. Now what does this mean? got all emails which confirmed I will be getting Progress Bar.
Some people haven't seen it yet as well. Might take some time.

Reactions: Jaywalker

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Did you see "Application/profile updated" before you saw the Progress bar in your profile?
No, I didn't.

I believe your ghost update doesn't relate to this stupid progress bar. Something is going on in your file

Last edited:
Reactions: tobs

YouthTree

Jul 4, 2018
No, I didn't.

I believe your ghost update does relate to this stupid progress bar. Something is going on in your file
I hope you're right but I cant see that thought based on anything. Maybe it just said 'updated' on tobs profile because they'd updated it with the progress bar. Im so quick at logging in now I didnt even notice

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
I hope you're right but I cant see that thought based on anything. Maybe it just said 'updated' on tobs profile because they'd updated it with the progress bar. Im so quick at logging in now I didnt even notice
I meant it (implicit update) does NOT relate to the progress bar (just missed NOT in my message :)

Reactions: tobs

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
From this status bar one thing is clear- 6 months does not start from R10 which is something mentioned everywhere on this forum and elsewhere as well. They are clearly stating that it start from AOR.

@legalfalcon your thoughts?
The progress bar is not indicating that the 6 months processing time starts from the R10 date, it merely indicates the approximate date when IRCC expects to finish processing your application. Lately the processing times have drastically reduced.

Further, the fact that the R10 date is the date when the 6 month calculation starts is from IRCC's own operation manual:

Requirement to submit a complete electronic application
In Express Entry, applicants are required to submit a complete electronic application for permanent residence (e-APR) within 60 calendar days of being issued an invitation to apply (ITA). The application and all supporting documents must be submitted electronically through the applicant’s online account.

Applications are assessed for completeness up front. An application found to be incomplete should be rejected as per section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, and all fees associated with the application should be refunded to the applicant.

The Express Entry six-month processing standard begins when an application is assessed as complete and is promoted in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). It ends when Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) makes a final decision on the application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Hope this answers your question.

Reactions: Jaywalker and tobs

shahparth5864

Nov 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
05-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-07-2018
File Transfer...
18-12-2018
Hello everyone,

CEC inland applicant.
AOR 7 July,
Medical Passed 25 July.
Criminality is in process
Eligibility Recommended Pass
Security has not been initiated

Does anyone have an idea, when I will get a PPR email?
Anyone has the same status?

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks

Amar
Hello Amar,

Don't worry! I am in the same boat...
CEC Inland Applicant
1 Dependent
AOR - 5th July
MEP - 19th July
IP1 - 19th July
IP2 - 06th December

Upon calling CIC agent, I got to know that
Eligibility - Recommended Pass
Criminality Check - Passed
Security - Not Initiated

I don't know what they check in security and how long it takes. However,I don't think it will take too long from here. So, wait until you get your golden email at anytime...

Enjoy...
Regards,
Parth

saudagar2018

Jun 18, 2018
Hello Amar,

Don't worry! I am in the same boat...
CEC Inland Applicant
1 Dependent
AOR - 5th July
MEP - 19th July
IP1 - 19th July
IP2 - 06th December

Upon calling CIC agent, I got to know that
Eligibility - Recommended Pass
Criminality Check - Passed
Security - Not Initiated

I don't know what they check in security and how long it takes. However,I don't think it will take too long from here. So, wait until you get your golden email at anytime...

Enjoy...
Regards,
Parth
Actually I am desperately waiting, my work permit is going to expire by 12 Jan 2019. I also want to visit back home. I have checked the processing time of BOWP is for two months then TRV takes 10 days more. It is near three month process if I begin now. If I leave Canada I can't apply for BOWP. I am really confused what should I do.

Can I leave Canada after applying BOWP and then apply for TRV from back home.

regards,

Amar