+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

sharathk05

Star Member
May 25, 2018
I see a progress bar now. I also called IRCC, however couldn't catch hold of an agent, but their automated voice response read the same details that's showing up in IRCC page. The completion date is showing up as Jan 11th 2019. Its all patience now. Hope they will have a mass update soon.
Wishing all the good.

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Actually I am desperately waiting, my work permit is going to expire by 12 Jan 2019. I also want to visit back home. I have checked the processing time of BOWP is for two months then TRV takes 10 days more. It is near three month process if I begin now. If I leave Canada I can't apply for BOWP. I am really confused what should I do.

Can I leave Canada after applying BOWP and then apply for TRV from back home.

regards,

Amar
I would advise apply BOWP right now as a backup to stay in Canada beyond 12 Jan 2019
Till then you would get PPR. stamping of PR and receiving COPR will take another 10 days.
Finally, you can leave Canada, while returning to Canada do landing with PR/COPR

Option 2:
if you leave Canada now, once you get PPR, I believe you have to send email to change your Visa Office to New Delhi. Then you can submit Passport in India.

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Actually I am desperately waiting, my work permit is going to expire by 12 Jan 2019. I also want to visit back home. I have checked the processing time of BOWP is for two months then TRV takes 10 days more. It is near three month process if I begin now. If I leave Canada I can't apply for BOWP. I am really confused what should I do.

regards,

Amar
Also, update your signature with timelines

Pak 7625

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-11-2018
Med's Done....
07-12-2018
Passport Req..
09-08-2019
What about August

guca

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Ohh. Interesting. I might have gotren a ghost update.
I haven't logged in since Friday last week so this may be the long awaited Ghost. Lol
I'll still like to know if anyone else got the "application updated" message for the "progress bar"
There was no ghost update for the progress bar.

Reactions: tobs

JuanDLink

May 15, 2018

regards,

Amar
You can leave after applying for BOWP, I did that too, but you MUST come back before Jan 12, otherwise, you won't be able to work.

CocoLime

Feb 6, 2016
Hi guys, I am not an EE applicant but just thought want to get your opinions on my case.

I applied for PR through the provincial nominee program last year and currently just waiting for passport invitation (it has been 5 months since i passed my medical). While waiting for this, I also made a profile on express entry (beginning of this year) and today I got invited. Do you guys think I should apply for EE as well?

from reading the forum, the approximate time to get PPR via EE is 6 months?

Thanks for the advice!

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019

JuanDLink

May 15, 2018
Hi guys, I am not an EE applicant but just thought want to get your opinions on my case.

I applied for PR through the provincial nominee program last year and currently just waiting for passport invitation (it has been 5 months since i passed my medical). While waiting for this, I also made a profile on express entry (beginning of this year) and today I got invited. Do you guys think I should apply for EE as well?

from reading the forum, the approximate time to get PPR via EE is 6 months?

Thanks for the advice!
No, don't do it. It will create confusion and you may be denied.

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
The delay is "REAL"! Although IMMItracker might not be a much accurate database, the numbers for June and July are so scary. And that's the best tool we have handy to compare the numbers. Btw, It looks like CIC had a really good jump in the number of issued PPRs last year toward the end of the year. So, let's wait and see how it goes for the last two weeks of Dec.
What a dead week though! Come on CIC, show us some movement already!

Reactions: tobs