+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

Jaskiran Kapoor

May 2, 2018
AOR- 4th July and MEP & IP1- 18th July. No further updates.

I am thinking of calling CIC agent today, is it fine to talk to them ? I want to know which visa office has it been assigned to and has my eligibility passed .

I will call them second time and last time I called a month back. Is it ok to call and talk to them ?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
AOR- 4th July and MEP & IP1- 18th July. No further updates.

I am thinking of calling CIC agent today, is it fine to talk to them ? I want to know which visa office has it been assigned to and has my eligibility passed .

I will call them second time and last time I called a month back. Is it ok to call and talk to them ?
You can call whenever.you want but too soon. Hasnt even been two months yet which is about the minimum

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
You can call whenever.you want but too soon. Hasnt even been two months yet which is about the minimum
^This^

It’s far too soon for any of us July applicants to be calling Cic asking for updates on status.

You should only really call them once it’s been 6 months as a majority of applications are completed within 6 months. If it’s been more than 6 months that then it’s worth calling as there may be a problem.

bpant1

Jun 6, 2018
Hello Guys, My AOR date is 28th July 2018. I have passed the medicals on 20th August 2018. But I didn't get any email from CIC that time. Today (21st Aug 2018), I got an email saying your application has been updated just a few minutes back. But I do not see any updates after medical passed. It is same as yesterday. Is it a technical glitch? Just wanted to know if everyone gets an email from CIC like below after they pass medical exam:-

"Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information"

My current status is:-

Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

huzm

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hello Guys, My AOR date is 28th July 2018. I have passed the medicals on 20th August 2018. But I didn't get any email from CIC that time. Today (21st Aug 2018), I got an email saying your application has been updated just a few minutes back. But I do not see any updates after medical passed. It is same as yesterday. Is it a technical glitch? Just wanted to know if everyone gets an email from CIC like below after they pass medical exam:-

"Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information"

Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
This is quite normal. The email was late.

Hoprooter

Feb 18, 2018

Current status Help
This is IP2

bpant1

Jun 6, 2018
This is IP2
Thanks. I know this is unanswerable question. But do you have any idea on timelines? I see a few candidates gets PPR request within 6-18 days after IP2 status whereas it takes around 3-4 months for others. I am sure it depends on case to case.
My Case:- I have been working in Canada since Sep 2016 and did not visit any other country except Canada. I am from India and visited India two times since 2016. I have attached my PCC-India along with application. I don't have any military or government background. Any tentative date on my case to expect PPR request?

tmahajan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Hi All,

I received my AOR on July 18th, Medical Passed Aug 7th . Please add me to the whatsapp group : +1 314 585 4835.

Regards

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
Thanks. I know this is unanswerable question. But do you have any idea on timelines? I see a few candidates gets PPR request within 6-18 days after IP2 status whereas it takes around 3-4 months for others. I am sure it depends on case to case.
My Case:- I have been working in Canada since Sep 2016 and did not visit any other country except Canada. I am from India and visited India two time since 2016. I have attached my PCC-India along with application. I don't have any military or government background. Any tentative date on my case to expect PPR request?
As you said no one exactly knows. For "tentative dates" besides the individual post you might find on threads, you can check myImmitracker. They have analytics that "could give" idea how long PPR process are based on user inputs.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My Case:- I have been working in Canada since Sep 2016 and did not visit any other country except Canada. I am from India and visited India two times since 2016. I have attached my PCC-India along with application. I don't have any military or government background. Any tentative date on my case to expect PPR request?
Processing of a PR application is no mystery or rocket science, its law. There is a procedure that needs to be followed and all application have to go through it. Further, each application is assessed by humans, which also makes a lot of difference in processing times. So evaluating your application by comparing it with other applications is the biggest mistake you can make, since there are many variables which will never be the same.

All application under the EE go through the following stages:

R10 - Completeness Check
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

These stages are listed in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the accompanying regulations. To read more on each see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

Reactions: viki1805

Arod

May 15, 2017
From what I've seen, IP2 duration varies on whether you are Inland or Outland.

For instance, many if not most Inland applicants move to IP2 very quickly after AOR and stay at this stage for a long time before getting PPR, whereas Outland applicants stay in IP1 for months, move to IP2 and get PPR in days or weeks.

Now let me be clear, every case is different and there might be some exceptions.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
From what I've seen, IP2 duration varies on whether you are Inland or Outland.

For instance, many if not most Inland applicants move to IP2 very quickly after AOR and stay at this stage for a long time before getting PPR, whereas Outland applicants stay in IP1 for months, move to IP2 and get PPR in days or weeks.

Now let me be clear, every case is different and there might be some exceptions.
First of all there is no stage as IP, IP1 or 2. Naming stages based on the status in MyCIC is the biggest myth. IRCC has changed these status multiple times the last 1 year.

Reactions: tobs and hamgha

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
First of all there is no stage as IP, IP1 or 2. Naming stages based on the status in MyCIC is the biggest myth. IRCC has changed these status multiple times the last 1 year.
Couldn't agree more, I have been saying this repeatedly but people just just don't believe it and then even end up asking agents on call if it is IP1 or IP2 and that response is met with surprise & ignorance.

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Of course most of us know that there is no IP1/ IP2. That's what has been given to the wording for BGC in our account. If CIC changes the wording there will be some other differentiators for us to categorize our application. This is more of a hobby for us that are waiting on a decision on our applications to make the waiting period more "tolerable". If you know any better way, we are all ears.
Saying that, we got together here to help each other morally and to share helpful information. So, please do not hurt people with your "nice" words.

Reactions: huzm and Hoprooter