+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

SonaCanada

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi Guys,

I got the golden PPR email. Thank you for the support. I feel so relieved. To those waiting, yesterday I spoke to an IRCC agent and she told me security had not been initiated. It seems in my case my security was started and completed today, my file approved and the email sent. Feels like a dream. I was expecting to not get anything for at least two weeks.

I wish everyone the best!
For those coming to Canada, Alberta is affordable and growing fast. Come join us here

Congrats....really feeling the hope. My security had not been initiated yet, I hope it happens same with us as well. Cheers :):)

Reactions: tobs

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Reactions: hell911

Ahmed_2018

Feb 26, 2018
Great to hear the news that many got the PPR.
In my case I have completed 6 months 10 days, my status changed to IP2 just yesterday. Reading all the above gives me hope that it might finish soon. However my eligibility status still says that it need be reviewed for the program which I applied for.

D_Gna

Dec 21, 2018
Great to hear the news that many got the PPR.
In my case I have completed 6 months 10 days, my status changed to IP2 just yesterday. Reading all the above gives me hope that it might finish soon. However my eligibility status still says that it need be reviewed for the program which I applied for.
My eligibility was finalized on the day my background check began. As someone who has applied in the past and been refused to unmet eligibility, If your eligibility is not met, they don’t usually start background check. So this is definitely positive.

guster325

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
Hi Guys,

To those waiting, yesterday I spoke to an IRCC agent and she told me security had not been initiated. It seems in my case my security was started and completed today, my file approved and the email sent.
It is unlikely that the security starts and gets completed in the same day as it depends on CSIS and CBSA reports, and the agent review.

I think this goes to everyone (me included) with security not started for months: the responsible agent simply did not update the security status even after starting it, which defeats the whole purpose of having a status.

Just one question: how was your eligibility when you called? Recommended pass?

Ahmed_2018

Feb 26, 2018
My eligibility was finalized on the day my background check began. As someone who has applied in the past and been refused to unmet eligibility, If your eligibility is not met, they don’t usually start background check. So this is definitely positive.
Thanks, the explanation given by you looks logical. However, I was getting worried because all logic fails at IRCC

D_Gna

Dec 21, 2018
It is unlikely that the security starts and gets completed in the same day as it depends on CSIS and CBSA reports, and the agent review.

I think this goes to everyone (me included) with security not started for months: the responsible agent simply did not update the security status even after starting it, which defeats the whole purpose of having a status.

Just one question: how was your eligibility when you called? Recommended pass?
My eligibility had been finalized On Dec 20. That was the same day I got a ghost update and my background check status changed to “we are processing your background check”

I know it was finalized on that day because I contacted my local MP office and they contacted IRCC on my behalf and that was part of the response they got.

Reactions: tobs

Lamart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Hello congrats on your PPR. If you don't mind ,could you please explain in detail why your previous eligibility was unmet.

darrell_ng

Jan 16, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
14-07-2018
Finally got PPR

AOR: 14th July
MEP: 1st August
IP2: November 7
Ghost: December 12
PPR: February 4

Processing time: 207 days

The GCMS notes I ordered in January coincidentally came a few minutes before PPR.

Noticed that my file was received at CIO and processed in Ottawa. Eligibility had been passed since August, Criminality was passed on Nov 7- same day I moved to IP2. File was moved back to CIO Sydney on 4th December and approved Dec 12th -same day I got the ghost update.

I really do not understand why some applications take longer than others and it can be frustrating when there are no (seemingly) logical explanations.

I am glad it's finally here though. Wish everyone the very best on this journey.

guster325

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
Finally got PPR

AOR: 14th July
MEP: 1st August
IP2: November 7
Ghost: December 12
PPR: February 4

Processing time: 207 days

The GCMS notes I ordered in January coincidentally came a few minutes before PPR.

Noticed that my file was received at CIO and processed in Ottawa. Eligibility had been passed since August, Criminality was passed on Nov 7- same day I moved to IP2. File was moved back to CIO Sydney on 4th December and approved Dec 12th -same day I got the ghost update.

I really do not understand why some applications take longer than others and it can be frustrating when there are no (seemingly) logical explanations.

I am glad it's finally here though. Wish everyone the very best on this journey.
Your timeline is about 1 day older than mine! I never received (or noticed) any ghost update though...
Congrats

D_Gna

Dec 21, 2018
Hello congrats on your PPR. If you don't mind ,could you please explain in detail why your previous eligibility was unmet.
In February 2016, I gained admission to a post graduate diploma program. I completed my undergad in April 2016, applied for my PGWP in July 2016 and received it in August 2016. According to the Student adviser at my post graduate diploma program, I had to apply for my PGWP at the time I did because there was no guarantee IRCC will give me three years after completing the 1 year diploma program.
I had been working in NOC 4212 since May 2016 a permanent part time position. I started my post graduate program in Sep 2016 and in December 2016 I got a full time job. So essentially I had a valid PGWP and a study permit.In August 2017, i created a profile and got an ITA. I submitted my application Nov 2017. I got a refusal letter Jan 2018. The letter stated that the officer was not satisfied that I had my one year experience because I took the post graduate program which was mostly online. I had to wait till July 2018 to apply again since I completed my course July 2017 all the while working full time.

Reactions: TanuP and tobs

Hochspitch

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Hey guys. I raised a CSE yesterday and surprisingly got a response today. Can anyone tell me if this just a generic response or if this is how they respond when they actually look at your profile. Kind or looks like the latter but can't be certain:

"Good day [Name],

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.

Furthermore, if you would like to contact the responsible office directly in the future, you may find the contact information for the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario (CPC-O) on our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

Also, would I benefit from raising a CSE directly with Ottawa?

Reactions: SonaCanada

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hey guys. I raised a CSE yesterday and surprisingly got a response today. Can anyone tell me if this just a generic response or if this is how they respond when they actually look at your profile. Kind or looks like the latter but can't be certain:

"Good day [Name],

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.

Furthermore, if you would like to contact the responsible office directly in the future, you may find the contact information for the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario (CPC-O) on our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

Also, would I benefit from raising a CSE directly with Ottawa?
You can't raise a CSE directly with Ottawa.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
In February 2016, I gained admission to a post graduate diploma program. I completed my undergad in April 2016, applied for my PGWP in July 2016 and received it in August 2016. According to the Student adviser at my post graduate diploma program, I had to apply for my PGWP at the time I did because there was no guarantee IRCC will give me three years after completing the 1 year diploma program.
I had been working in NOC 4212 since May 2016 a permanent part time position. I started my post graduate program in Sep 2016 and in December 2016 I got a full time job. So essentially I had a valid PGWP and a study permit.In August 2017, i created a profile and got an ITA. I submitted my application Nov 2017. I got a refusal letter Jan 2018. The letter stated that the officer was not satisfied that I had my one year experience because I took the post graduate program which was mostly online. I had to wait till July 2018 to apply again since I completed my course July 2017 all the while working full time.
Congratulations.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hey guys ,

My AOR should be on Tuesday July 10th, hopefully. (that's when I plan to submit my application)

Why do people prefer a WhatsApp group to this open forum??
Isn't it best for discussions to be here for people that will apply much later??
@cansha I think this was one of my first 10/20 posts on this forum. Tag me on your first posts if you can find them.

Reactions: SahanK