+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
You think they give a specific reply post 6 months? If yes, you're mistaken.

Also, there is no restriction in raising a CSE before 6 months. Many have raised and they will get to know if their file is approved. The rule is this, you can expect a specific reply only if your file is approved. If it is not, it doesn't matter whether you are under 6 months or over 6 months they will give a generic reply.
No I don’t believe they give a specific reply post 6 months but as per the CSE page;

“We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times.”

People are obviously free to raise as many CSE’s as they want (as they are also free to call as much as they want) but if they haven’t passed 6 months and all they’re getting is a generic reply or no response then what’s the point?

I only thought to raise it as we’ve seen a fair few people on here saying their AoR is the back end of July and being told to raise a CSE but surely it is better to wait till they hit their 6 month mark?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
No I don’t believe they give a specific reply post 6 months but as per the CSE page;

“We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times.”

People are obviously free to raise as many CSE’s as they want (as they are also free to call as much as they want) but if they haven’t passed 6 months and all they’re getting is a generic reply or no response then what’s the point?

I only thought to raise it as we’ve seen a fair few people on here saying their AoR is the back end of July and being told to raise a CSE but surely it is better to wait till they hit their 6 month mark?
I don't know whether it is better or worse. It is for individual to decide. Their file, their life, their decision.

I was just stating the fact that the replies won't magically become specific post 6 months. They will likely be same. Now, most people probably know it. And my guess is most people are raising a CSE in the hope that somehow it may trigger some action on their file. And it is because they are not seeing any updates on their file. Now, if that is the case they will definitely try and do that in month 5.

Reactions: tobs

guster325

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
I don't know whether it is better or worse. It is for individual to decide. Their file, their life, their decision.

I was just stating the fact that the replies won't magically become specific post 6 months. They will likely be same. Now, most people probably know it. And my guess is most people are raising a CSE in the hope that somehow it may trigger some action on their file. And it is because they are not seeing any updates on their file. Now, if that is the case they will definitely try and do that in month 5.
I was extremely tempted to do exactly that. My wife have new stamps on her passport, and I thought raising a CSE to update her passport info, just to force someone to take a look on my application and, with some lucky, get it moving again.

But I also thought that it may backfire, as the agent could take up to 5 weeks to actually review the passport, so I decided to play the wait game.

My 6 months ends on Jan 15, so my plan is to call them on Jan 16, and then raise a CSE for status request every monday after.

Gruff

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018

Of course its down to the individual at the end of the day but I’m just suggesting that those wanting to submit in month five cic do say that they don’t respond to earlier than six months.

Maybe I’m just being devils advocate but IMO just because someone can contact cic early doesn’t mean they should. To each their own tho :)

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Of course its down to the individual at the end of the day but I’m just suggesting that those wanting to submit in month five cic do say that they don’t respond to earlier than six months.

Maybe I’m just being devils advocate but IMO just because someone can contact cic early doesn’t mean they should. To each their own tho :)
They definitely should. There are many examples on this thread and June thread where people got to know about approval of their file on cse. Their files were just sitting in Sydney office. Then they took action and got PPR. Wouldn’t have been possible if they kept waiting. If the upside is knowing your file is approved and then doing something to get PPR and downside is not getting a reply or generic reply, to me it’s not a difficult decision of whether or not raise a cse.

macp

Jan 4, 2019
Ok. Yes not all of the approved cases get Ghosts, though majority of them do, thats why I asked. I havent got a ghost as well, and would like to think that mine may have got approved without a Ghost update. fingers crossed !!
I too would like to believe the same @gau55555 . I moved to IP2 on Oct 25 and since then no update. Though, agent confirmed twice that my file has been approved but Sydney is notorious in sitting over piles of applications for many months, hence think i will raise a CSE on Monday.
Let see what happens.

ryalla

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Hi Guys,

i have submitted my application on July 3rd.
Medicals passed on July 14.
Received request letter to submit RCMP clearance.
submitted and received confirmation on July 25.

since then no update. completed 6 months.

Requested GCMS notes and it mentioned that eligibility is passed and need RCMP police clearance.

Submitted webform on 4th and received the below response.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.
Any idea when my PR would turn out?

jrose0418

Jul 17, 2018
Canada
Visa Office......
Montreal
I think I got a PPR letter on my 6 month anniversary.

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: IRCC.Agent-Agent.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.​

No IP2 etc. Timeline was
AOR- July 5
Medicals passed- July 20
PPR(?) - Jan 4
Hi,

Congrats on your Permanent Residency.

You mentioned that no IP2 or anything?

Would you be kind enought to give your timeline?

Thank you and congrats again

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi Guys,

i have submitted my application on July 3rd.
Medicals passed on July 14.
Received request letter to submit RCMP clearance.
submitted and received confirmation on July 25.

since then no update. completed 6 months.

Requested GCMS notes and it mentioned that eligibility is passed and need RCMP police clearance.

Submitted webform on 4th and received the below response.

Any idea when my PR would turn out?
No idea. No one can tell you that.
But you've made a smart decision to order the notes and proactively provide documents that could have kept you waiting and wondering for months without any clue.
So you're closer to PPR than you were before

Reactions: ryalla

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I too would like to believe the same @gau55555 . I moved to IP2 on Oct 25 and since then no update. Though, agent confirmed twice that my file has been approved but Sydney is notorious in sitting over piles of applications for many months, hence think i will raise a CSE on Monday.
Let see what happens.
Why are you still waiting when you could have emailed your local visa office or New Delhi visa ofifce to preempt them to send your PPR?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
They definitely should. There are many examples on this thread and June thread where people got to know about approval of their file on cse. Their files were just sitting in Sydney office. Then they took action and got PPR. Wouldn’t have been possible if they kept waiting. If the upside is knowing your file is approved and then doing something to get PPR and downside is not getting a reply or generic reply, to me it’s not a difficult decision of whether or not raise a cse.
Right! Especially after 5 months.

macp

Jan 4, 2019
Why are you still waiting when you could have emailed your local visa office or New Delhi visa ofifce to preempt them to send your PPR?
I already emailed NDVO, Ottawa & Sydney. Even raised web forms. Its been few days but got no response till date from any of them.
I read on a different forum that IRCC might not reply if your application has not completed 6 months. Though i didn't believe but someone also mentioned that Sydney wont be processing anything till mid Jan because most people will be on winter break.
I am wondering, was this the reason because of which agent asked me to wait for few weeks before i receive any communication from Sydney office.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I already emailed NDVO, Ottawa & Sydney. Even raised web forms. Its been few days but got no response till date from any of them.
I read on a different forum that IRCC might not reply if your application has not completed 6 months. Though i didn't believe but someone also mentioned that Sydney wont be processing anything till mid Jan because most people will be on winter break.
I am wondering, was this the reason because of which agent asked me to wait for few weeks before i receive any communication from Sydney office.
This week may yield results. Hang in there

ryalla

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
No idea. No one can tell you that.
But you've made a smart decision to order the notes and proactively provide documents that could have kept you waiting and wondering for months without any clue.
So you're closer to PPR than you were before
thank you tobs!! hope i get it soon. my work permit is expiring on may 19, 2019. am eligible for 2 more years extension. do i need to panic and start extension process or can i wait for some more time?

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Does someone know how long an open bridging work permit last? I'm planning to apply if I don't get my PPR by the end of this month. Would it last till the expiry date of your passport?