+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

nsatyagl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
canada
Hey Guys I have an unrelated question to this thread. I think one of you can help me for sure.

I am waiting for my PPR and currently on work permit which expires on Sep 2019. I'm tired of waiting so I want to go to India for holidays and come back as soon as I receive PPR, so that I can send them passport within 30 days.

Is it okay if I book one way ticket? Will it cause any immigration issues when I come back?
no issue you can go to India/ if u get the ppr over there u can send it to canada embassy. no issue with immigration. unless you are in closed work permit.

Reactions: bhaumik_

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Hey Guys I have an unrelated question to this thread. I think one of you can help me for sure.

I am waiting for my PPR and currently on work permit which expires on Sep 2019. I'm tired of waiting so I want to go to India for holidays and come back as soon as I receive PPR, so that I can send them passport within 30 days.

Is it okay if I book one way ticket? Will it cause any immigration issues when I come back?
You can visit India on TRV / WP and come back. No issues at all
But why one way ticket ?

bhaumik_

Nov 20, 2018
You can visit India on TRV / WP and come back. No issues at all
But why one way ticket ?
One way ticket because I'm waiting for PPR and I've heard that once you get PPR, you only have 30 days to submit your passport. Also, I don't have any thing important planned in India.

So, by booking one way ticket I can come back anytime if I get PPR sooner.

nsatyagl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
canada
One way ticket because I'm waiting for PPR and I've heard that once you get PPR, you only have 30 days to submit your passport. Also, I don't have any thing important planned in India.

whats ur time line?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
TBH I am kind of impressed. Instead of exploding an error 500, it just goes back to the home. It is "failing gracefully"...
Nicely put! ;)

cecict

Jul 14, 2018

I have a feeling before end of December we will get PPR. I am just 1 week apart.
I also want to book the tickets but just staying here for PPR. Moment I get, I am going to book the tickets.

One way tickets are very costly in this season. I advise better wait for PPR, then book return ticket. Just a thought, rest it's up to you.

bhaumik_

Nov 20, 2018
I have a feeling before end of December we will get PPR. I am just 1 week apart.
I also want to book the tickets but just staying here for PPR. Moment I get, I am going to book the tickets.

One way tickets are very costly in this season. I advise better wait for PPR, then book return ticket. Just a thought, rest it's up to you.
Yeah tickets are costly but this is the best time to visit India. Don't want to spend Christmas without Family ;)

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017

Yes, as you said it is not advisable to buy a one-way ticket.
s/he could buy a two-way ticket, but of course not a charter one. This way, s/he could change the return date (for at most 100-200$)

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Yes, as you said it is not advisable to buy a one-way ticket.
s/he could buy a two-way ticket, but of course not a charter one. This way, s/he could change the return date (for at most 100-200$)
yes + fare difference if any. this is also an option