+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2018 AOR - join here

user78

Aug 1, 2018
Hi tobs,

Yes, I am referring so submitting a copy of my passport, which is what is required for visa exempt countries.

Actually in the email it specifically says to submit all documentation except my passport photos on MyCiC account.

"For citizens using MyCIC AND from a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa to Canada –

Please mail/courier only your photos (see ‘STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS’ above). All other information must be uploaded to your MyCIC account."

Essentially I'm trying to find where I upload the doc.
Did you try on the "View submitted application" link in your account?

Tayyabak

Jul 13, 2018
Yep it's the requirement for visa exempt countries.and most probably you will be uploading it through CSE or alternatively you can write to Ottawa for any help as i guess that will be your LVO.

Reactions: tobs

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi tobs,

Yes, I am referring so submitting a copy of my passport, which is what is required for visa exempt countries.

Actually in the email it specifically says to submit all documentation except my passport photos on MyCiC account.

"For citizens using MyCIC AND from a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa to Canada –

Please mail/courier only your photos (see ‘STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS’ above). All other information must be uploaded to your MyCIC account."

Essentially I'm trying to find where I upload the doc.
Oh my bad.
Try raising a CSE and upload all necessary documents using this link.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.89663579.1982319276.1412349823&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1&wbdisable=true

user78

Aug 1, 2018
Hi - thanks for the reply.

I did, but there are no additional upload fields....
Not sure then. It's strange. I'm also from a visa exempt country and I thought that they would link the PR electronically to your passport like they do with the eTA.
It is also strange that you have to upload a copy of your passport, as it's already a required document to submit to get your AOR.

tgam2

Apr 27, 2018
Not sure then. It's strange. I'm also from a visa exempt country and I thought that they would link the PR electronically to your passport like they do with the eTA.
It is also strange that you have to upload a copy of your passport, as it's already a required document to submit to get your AOR.
Thanks guys.

So apparently it's a pretty common problem, and it's a glitch in the system. (see thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visa-exempt-passport-but-no-option-to-upload-copy-on-mycic.520160/

Loads of applicants has to find a workaround either by emailing them or raising a CSE, so that's what I'm going to try do.

Reactions: tobs and user78

Chandar 91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hey guys,
I have my Aor on July 7, 2018 and medical passed 2 weeks after that(july24).
From that no update on my application.
My status are as follows
Eligibility - we are reviewing your eligibility
Medical- passes
Interview - you do not need a interview
Additional documents - you do not need additional documents
Background check - we are processing your background check.

Anyone have any idea in which stage my application is ?

sekhon22

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Hey guys,
I have my Aor on July 7, 2018 and medical passed 2 weeks after that(july24).
From that no update on my application.
My status are as follows
Eligibility - we are reviewing your eligibility
Medical- passes
Interview - you do not need a interview
Additional documents - you do not need additional documents
Background check - we are processing your background check.

Anyone have any idea in which stage my application is ?
If you have these lines 'We are processing your background check. We will contact you if we need further information', then you are in IP2

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Just moved to IP2... July 30 AOR. Hopefully PPR comes next.
congrats , r u inland or outland, fsw or pnp, US or not a Us resident? sorry, many questions but um with the same aor

Chygi

Sep 30, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Unknown
NOC Code......
I'm interested to see how your timeline goes. I'm also AOR July 30th but I've been in IP2 for over a month now.
Are you applying under FSW or CEC? In or outland?
I'm applying under FSW and I'm outland. Hopefully we get our PPR before the end of this month.

Chygi

Sep 30, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Unknown
NOC Code......
congrats , r u inland or outland, fsw or pnp, US or not a Us resident? sorry, many questions but um with the same aor
That's okay. I'm not a US resident. Applying for FSW. We hope for speedy processing.

Reactions: M_A

Hochspitch

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
I'm applying under FSW and I'm outland. Hopefully we get our PPR before the end of this month.
Ok good to know. I'm CEC and inland so maybe the processing times are different. Hopefully we hear by the end of the month indeed. My work visa ends in January and I get more and more anxious each day that goes by.