Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
so I got a reply today from an email sent three weeks ago. it's currently under review by a visa offices in the migration section at my VO. about 4 months ago they updated me with waiting review so who knows but at least my files be looked at haha.

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
Brother what is like security screening and hiw long does it take to complete and what is it for?thanks
all the info about security screening can be found here.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/

it's a complex process as IRCC gather info from CSIS RCMP CBSA Interpol and I think your homeland countries police service.

it can take a long time 4 -6 months for most and it depends on your individual circumstances.

you can find all the answers on the link above and you can order your gcms notes which will outline if you are being held in security screening.

Reactions: ladyElGi

Mac786

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Bangladesh
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
31 july 2017
Doc's Request.
Nothing
AOR Received.
9 sep 2017
File Transfer...
23 October 2017
Med's Request
14 December 2017
Med's Done....
18 December 2017
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
all the info about security screening can be found here.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/

it's a complex process as IRCC gather info from CSIS RCMP CBSA Interpol and I think your homeland countries police service.

it can take a long time 4 -6 months for most and it depends on your individual circumstances.

you can find all the answers on the link above and you can order your gcms notes which will outline if you are being held in security screening.
Thank for your assistance. My medical is done dec 17,2017.and after that in gckey no updates?if i am under ss is it count from the day i am medical passed ?and also my local mp said its under review wnd and wait 12 months period .thanks

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
Thank for your assistance. My medical is done dec 17,2017.and after that in gckey no updates?if i am under ss is it count from the day i am medical passed ?and also my local mp said its under review wnd and wait 12 months period .thanks
Once you have been requested to complete that medical your file is transferred to your local Visa Office (VO) up to this stage your file has been handled by Mississauga visa processing center. So, when you passed your medical exam your local VO had your file. After passing your medical exam you will not hear from your VO untill they have completed your application and request your passport. This stage is 100% done, passed, approved. from medical to passport request it could take 1 - 14 months. Remember that your VO is also handling other visas and not just spouse visas. It is likely they have to do provincial nomination visas, express entry, skilled migrants and so on. They may look at your file today maybe check over your police certificate or enter important updates they have completed and then put your file aside while they wait for more information in the meantime they move onto other applications. IRCC have given a time-frame of 12 months to complete 80% of spousal applications within the 12 month period. We lucky few - the 20% - do not have a specific time-frame for completion. Some are done within 14 months, others are done within 18 months.

To my knowledge and I may not be quite accurate with this part but everyone goes through security check. For some they may require additional screening (this is referred to security screening or SS. This part is for those who have had "hit" come back to them during the security check. This could be anything from police employment, working for the military, getting kicked off a flight in the USA, being removed or deported from a country or something as little as your name being similar to that of a criminal on Canada's or Interpols watch list. The visa officer then has to figure out exactly what the "hit" is if it's correct or just a similar name and this requires more than one officer they don't do this all within the hour of getting a hit they spend a few months working on it.

Remember immigrating to Canada (or any Country) is a privilege and by no means a right and Canada has every right to take as long as they want to protect their citizens, residents and visitors and get it right the first time. .

My advice is to just sit back and chill. My fiance is in Canada waiting for me and I'm in my homeland waiting for that golden email from the VO.

HOpe this information helps!

Mac786

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Bangladesh
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
31 july 2017
Doc's Request.
Nothing
AOR Received.
9 sep 2017
File Transfer...
23 October 2017
Med's Request
14 December 2017
Med's Done....
18 December 2017
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Once you have been requested to complete that medical your file is transferred to your local Visa Office (VO) up to this stage your file has been handled by Mississauga visa processing center. So, when you passed your medical exam your local VO had your file. After passing your medical exam you will not hear from your VO untill they have completed your application and request your passport. This stage is 100% done, passed, approved. from medical to passport request it could take 1 - 14 months. Remember that your VO is also handling other visas and not just spouse visas. It is likely they have to do provincial nomination visas, express entry, skilled migrants and so on. They may look at your file today maybe check over your police certificate or enter important updates they have completed and then put your file aside while they wait for more information in the meantime they move onto other applications. IRCC have given a time-frame of 12 months to complete 80% of spousal applications within the 12 month period. We lucky few - the 20% - do not have a specific time-frame for completion. Some are done within 14 months, others are done within 18 months.

To my knowledge and I may not be quite accurate with this part but everyone goes through security check. For some they may require additional screening (this is referred to security screening or SS. This part is for those who have had "hit" come back to them during the security check. This could be anything from police employment, working for the military, getting kicked off a flight in the USA, being removed or deported from a country or something as little as your name being similar to that of a criminal on Canada's or Interpols watch list. The visa officer then has to figure out exactly what the "hit" is if it's correct or just a similar name and this requires more than one officer they don't do this all within the hour of getting a hit they spend a few months working on it.

Remember immigrating to Canada (or any Country) is a privilege and by no means a right and Canada has every right to take as long as they want to protect their citizens, residents and visitors and get it right the first time. .

My advice is to just sit back and chill. My fiance is in Canada waiting for me and I'm in my homeland waiting for that golden email from the VO.

Thank you soo much for your valuable assistance

ladyElGi

Aug 16, 2017
I have finally received PPR just an hour ago. And the funny thing is that my ECAS is still said In Process. And my GCKEY is same as 6 months ago (except that in the correspondence section I am seeing the Request letter). I hope other July applicants get it soon too.

Reactions: Zeb786

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
I have finally received PPR just an hour ago. And the funny thing is that my ECAS is still said In Process. And my GCKEY is same as 6 months ago (except that in the correspondence section I am seeing the Request letter). I hope other July applicants get it soon too.
congrats

I'm July 14th as well.

James_NZ1

Jan 15, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
14-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-08-2018
July 14th 2017 applicant.
Logged in this morning to see decision made. Took me by surprise. Had to triple check it was me!

Awaiting PPR

Mac786

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Bangladesh
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
31 july 2017
Doc's Request.
Nothing
AOR Received.
9 sep 2017
File Transfer...
23 October 2017
Med's Request
14 December 2017
Med's Done....
18 December 2017
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi james and ladyelgi congratulations both of u.i am also july 31 st applicant still waiting there response.

alisaw

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
beirut
App. Filed.......
20-07-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
File Transfer...
18-08-2017
Med's Request
31-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-08-2017
Interview........
23-01-2018 passed
Passport Req..
26-10-2018
july 20 beirut vo still waiting security started feb 1 2018

Sls2018

Apr 24, 2018

You absolutely right ...evr

Reactions: Dimples31

Vonneta

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018

Hi so after medical pass my application is pass to my vo?