+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
I Got mine today as well, scheduled for March 27th. The whole wait and scattered travel plans have just taken away some of my energy to be super excited.
Good to see it getting out of the way though. Congrats.
It’s funny how we started this journey almost at the same time and now it’s the same day for oath.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
I Got mine today as well, scheduled for March 27th. The whole wait and scattered travel plans have just taken away some of my energy to be super excited.
Good to see it getting out of the way though. Congrats.
congrats.. looks like both of you are from Regina..

saliljoshi

Oct 22, 2016
Hello Peeps,

I have passed my test on Jan 25, 2018 from Scarborough office but have not received any updates since then for my oath. It says online Decision Made. Any feedback ?

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Quick question,

I have been searching for my PR card the past few days. Can't seem to know where it is hiding. Assuming I am unable to find it, ahead of the ceremony, should that be an issue?

Anyone with experience on such can share please.
Thanks

kiwigirlincanada

Aug 9, 2017
@Joeeyes yes, it will be an issue if you don't have it - you need to present (and surrender) it when you check in on the day.

Applicant forgets to bring PR card
Local office staff will make arrangements with the applicant to return, with the PR card, to another ceremony. Officers will use judgment in determining whether an exception should be made to allow applicants to participate in a ceremony with the understanding that they will become citizens, but receive only the commemorative document at that time. For example, in case of circuits (remote ceremonies) held only twice a year, it may not be practical for the client to return in person to attend another ceremony the same day. Also, the operational requirements of the office should be taken into account. In this case, the declaration CIT 0468 is completed at the time of the ceremony and a copy may be given to the applicant. An envelope, with the local office address, is given to the client for ease of sending the PR card. The applicant’s printed file with the citizenship certificate will be retained at the local office until the applicant brings or sends the PR card.

If the client does not return with or send in the PR card within 30 days, the local office sends a reminder to the client, and again after 90 days a second reminder is sent. After six months, the citizenship file and certificate is returned to CPC Sydney for retirement. The local office should add a client note to GCMS.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/revocation-permanent-resident-cards-upon-granting.html

mohibulah

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
St.john.d
Category........
Hi everyone .
I need help please
How long it take for BGC to be completed
Application received May 19 . 2017
We started processing your application. On July 26. 2017
When I call to CIC the agent said they do BGC proces.
I don.t know what to do any one knows please

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Quick question,

I have been searching for my PR card the past few days. Can't seem to know where it is hiding. Assuming I am unable to find it, ahead of the ceremony, should that be an issue?

Thanks
You will need the PR card or you will need to have completed the Solemn Declaration concerning a Permanent Resident card that was lost, stolen, destroyed or never received (CIT 0459E).

If you do not complete that form before your ceremony then you may not be given your official citizenship certificate at the ceremony, or even barred from taking the ceremony and end up being rescheduled for a later ceremony.

The instructions for IRCC staff are in https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/revocation-permanent-resident-cards-upon-granting.html -- search for "lost or stolen" in that page to find the relevant section.

So, if you can't find the card get in touch with IRCC to report the loss and find out if you can deal with that paperwork before your ceremony.

(the section quoted by kiwigirlincanada applies if you do not declare the card lost, but just forgot to bring it to the ceremony, so make sure to tell IRCC that the card is lost rather than forgotten)

Noorananzh

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Hi guys finally I did my test today get 20 / 20 March 15 my ceremony usually they do the test and ceremony in the same week here in Fort McMurray. Wish the rest of you good luck.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hi guys finally I did my test today get 20 / 20 March 15 my ceremony usually they do the test and ceremony in the same week here in Fort McMurray. Wish the rest of you good luck.
congrads, when was the test invite sent out?

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Does anyone got oath invite from Edmonton office who passed test from 31 Jan 2018 and onward with DM on ecase ?

I wonder why Edmonton office taking long time for oath invite for cases where there is no pending activities.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Quick question,

Thanks
I hope you can find it or atleast follow the procedure for lost PR card.