+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Hi everyone, I just got an email with Oath Invite from IRCC but ecas did not update.

Please update my info:
Oath invite by email today ( March 6,18) for Scarborough for March 22

Hopefully everyone else gets their invite soon. Good luck
congrats

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Hey @JJS I received my oath invite in the mail, even though I had opted to receive email updates (and had received all other communication prior to that by email). I got sick of checking ECAS every day and eventually got a letter in the mail, which was a nice surprise, but I couldn't say whether the ECAS was updated first or not. I think it arrived about three weeks before my oath date. It will show up, don't get dejected!
congrats

Reactions: kiwigirlincanada

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Thanks Everyone! There is hope!

Scarborough took the longest but they finally started moving. Hopefully we will start seeing more movement this week for everyone with oath invites this week. My test was on Jan 5 and got invite today on March 6, so its about 60 days from test to invite and a little less than 3 months from test to oath. Good luck all!
this message gives the rest of us lot of hope.. hope those waiting from may and june months also get their invites soon.

Reactions: SpiceIsland

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
hey everyone,

for those of you that are waiting to be called for the oath ceremony in Scarborough location, keep an eye to your Emails, it looks like they don't update the online page so often, i just checked mine and it says nothing other than DM, but as i was checking my emails i had received an email from immigration canada yesterday on the 5th for my oath ceremony date... its on the 22nd of this month

good luck to ev
thanks for the update. good to see some movement in scarborough.. congrats to you.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Congratulations!! Your news give me some hope. Both of our time line is pretty identical from AOR to DM.

On CIC website, still there is no official announcement of any oath event on 22nd March 2018. The last oath event scheduled there is on 15th March 2018. That could be the reason for you to not have this yet updated on Ecas.

Good luck!!
@aakash28, hoping to see your oath invite update soon.

lorenb

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2012
File Transfer...
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2013
Yours was fast! I did my test on October 12th... You read it right, it was some 5+ months ago, and still no updates. Btw my application has been in Decision Made status ever since!
In the same boat here too (just passed 4 months since DM). Very annoying that their process seems so random for sending oath invites.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
At least they are trying to go in order of months in which applications is receive for Oath Invite,that’s the only good thing about Scarborough office.

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
In the same boat here too (just passed 4 months since DM). Very annoying that their process seems so random for sending oath invites.
I am 5 months since passing the test. 4 months since DM. No response since then. Nothing annoying as much as waiting for this long.

Ary2012

Jan 7, 2013
My wife is end of July applicant, did the test on Oct 30 at Scarborough. DM a week after, but changed to IP till now and nothing new. anyone with same status?

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
you will be more frustrated when you know some people from October applied with the new law ,, they got their oath invitation ,, here in Montreal ,, very classic

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
My wife is end of July applicant, did the test on Oct 30 at Scarborough. DM a week after, but changed to IP till now and nothing new. anyone with same status?
as of when the file went back to IP ,, like how many weeks file survived on DM and as of when it was switched back to IP ??? have you call IRCC to verify ,, what is the unusual with her file ,, sorry for asking too much questions ,, but these case are very rare

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
I am 5 months since passing the test. 4 months since DM. No response since then. Nothing annoying as much as waiting for this long.
Hey! I am told that invitations are sent out 2 weeks before oath, which is technically next week! So fingers crossed.