+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

mickel44

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Hello,

My application was sent in July, 2017 with my family and by October we all passed our citizenship test. However, since then we have not received any update regarding our oath. Getting worried a bit since they told us it would take two months to get an invitation. If someone could let me know if my worries are unwarranted.

Thanks!

P.S. I applied from the Scarborough, Toronto area.
Did you get "Decision Made" on eCas?

NevPen

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hello,

My application was sent in July, 2017 with my family and by October we all passed our citizenship test. However, since then we have not received any update regarding our oath. Getting worried a bit since they told us it would take two months to get an invitation. If someone could let me know if my worries are unwarranted.

Thanks!

I am in the same boat- had the test and interview in October and no word since then! I don't know what's going on. I called CIC on Friday but all they said was I am in the 12-month processing window so nothing to worry about. "Nothing to worry about" doesn't mean it's any less annoying to wait. Some people had their oaths and already forgot about the whole process and others like us- good luck waiting!

bullahg

Jan 23, 2018
I am in the same boat- had the test and interview in October and no word since then! I don't know what's going on. I called CIC on Friday but all they said was I am in the 12-month processing window so nothing to worry about. "Nothing to worry about" doesn't mean it's any less annoying to wait. Some people had their oaths and already forgot about the whole process and others like us- good luck waiting!
Oh ok, I was about to call them to ask. Thanks for letting me know.

bahmishco

Aug 31, 2017
i did my test in oct 31st in scarborough and to this day i have not received oath invitation, anyone knows whats going on? or any one experiencing the same?

CC_Montreal

Oct 12, 2017
Hello,

Thanks!

Me too.....

felipao_2127

Jul 4, 2017
Does anyone know if PR married to a Canadian citizen and they live abroad, does she get to keep her or status or she could loose it if the time limit is exceeded (3 years out of 5).

Thanks if any one knows about this.

amfiprion

Star Member
Aug 26, 2012
Greece
Visa Office......
Rome
App. Filed.......
31/05/2012
AOR Received.
12/07/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012 -additional documents request 27/09/2012 -sent 11/10/2012
Med's Done....
25/05/2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
12/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/11/2012
LANDED..........
22 Feb 2013
It was oath day today.... a journey begun in 31/05/2012 when I sent my PR application, reached its end today...
It was a weird experience, too many sleepless nights... countless times checking email, status, ecas...
Today I got the Canadian Citizenship and in a couple of weeks I will have the passport too.
Wish good luck to everybody and I big thank you to this forum for the help and support all these years.

Good luck in your life!
Maybe meet you around in the future....
:D

SeulDansMonBocal

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
File Transfer...
10-12-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
ETA: 29-07-2016
Hello guys,
Today I received my passport. This conclude my long journey toward my Canadian citizenship.
I'd like to thank all of you guys dor your help and support. For those still waiting don't lose hope. We all had our heart broken by bill C24 but it only delayed the inevitable.
Special thanks to Katayoon for his tips on the passport process.

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Hello guys,
Today I received my passport. This conclude my long journey toward my Canadian citizenship.
I'd like to thank all of you guys dor your help and support. For those still waiting don't lose hope. We all had our heart broken by bill C24 but it only delayed the inevitable.
Congrats Mr. Canadian! Wish you a prosperous life!

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,
Congrats! Time to forget everything like a nightmare!

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I hate it that everywhere else people applying in July are getting passport etc and Scarbourough applicants are still waiting in limbo!
In the same boat
And my file is in Mississauga
I dont know what went wrong.. Fingerprints done in September
After that no word
So worried