+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

bazman

Aug 2, 2017
Hello All,

Haven't had the chance to share my update before. But here is a quick summary of what I have been through recently:
  1. Got my Test Invite Letter (BY MAIL) to take the test on Jan. 17th, 2018 (No Ecas update or email for test) - letter dated December 18th, 2017
  2. My ECAS was updated with a 4th line: Sent you a notice on December 20th, 2017 to appear and take the oath held on Jan. 18th, 2018. No Ecas update for Taking the Citizenship Test.
  3. On Jan. 17th (Test Date): First, I did my Interview with the CO and it was very smooth and took only 10 minutes. Then we had to take the Exam after. Once we got the exam results, we were provided with the Oath Letters for the ceremony held on the next day Jan. 18th, 2018.
  4. Today Jan. 18th: Went for the oath ceremony and now I am officially a Canadian Citizen.
First, I want to thank the admins and all the participants of this thread/forum for sharing their experiences/updates and providing support to everyone. Kindly update my status in the tracker.

Second, I would like to wish everyone the best of luck and hopefully you'll wait will come to an end very soon and you will get your citizenship in no time. I do believe it is a long long and tough journey, keep your hopes high you are almost there.

Citizenship application timeline (Sudbury ON, single, 1463 days of physical presence):

Application sent: June 28th 2017
Application delivered: July 4th 2017
AOR: August 8th 2017
In process: August 14th 2017
Test invite letter (mail): December 18th 2017
Test date: January 17th 2018 (passed 20/20)
Oath invite: January 17th 2018 (same as test date)
Oath ceremony: January 18th 2018

Reactions: CanadianSoonToBe

GPCPR

Nov 27, 2017
Hi

Hi
Could you please update my record on the spreadsheet

I received the Oath invitation by email today Jan 18, 2018.
The ceremony will be on Feb 13, 2018

Thanks and regards
G

BTCPR

Aug 1, 2017
Vancouver
Hello,

I just got invited to take the Oath! It seems like the Vancouver office is moving.

Please update my info on the spreadsheet:
Oath letter day : Jan 18
Oath ceremony: Feb 13

Does anyone know how long the ceremony usually lasts?

Thanks!

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hi

Hi
Could you please update my record on the spreadsheet

I received the Oath invitation by email today Jan 18, 2018.
The ceremony will be on Feb 13, 2018

Thanks and regards
G
Is you guys twins
Hello,

I just got invited to take the Oath! It seems like the Vancouver office is moving.

Thanks!

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Came on forum after few months.
Looks like all mississauga applicants are done.
Am i only left?
Was requested fingerprints in sep. Thats it.. After that no response from mississauga office?
Getting worried

omerhaha

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Hello,

Thanks!
Not more than two hours

Reactions: BTCPR

kiwigirlincanada

Aug 9, 2017
Seems like Vancouver is waking up after the holidays! I got my oath invite, too :D I just saw the update through eCAS, but haven't received the email yet.

Oath Invite - January 17th, 2018
Oath - February 6th, 2018

cfbarroso

Jun 19, 2017
Gatineau, QC
I had my Oath today :)

I applied for my PR in 2010, I got my permanent visa in the end of 2012, I immigrated in 2013, and today this long process finished.

I wish you the best and good luck.

Reactions: aronnok

mohibulah

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
St.john.d
Category........
I mailed my application
AOR1 ON May 19 2017
2 line is we sent you correspond acknowledging receipt
3 line we started processing your application. On July 26 2017
and after I didn.t received any email or mail
any one knows please what I should to do please

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
I think Regina applicants are the only ones still waiting for the Oath to be scheduled. I ended up calling cic this Friday and was patient enough to hold for half an hour after 10 attempts. The rep advised that there are no upcoming ceremonies at the Regina location. So that's apparently the reason for the delay. @Joeeyes I hope we hear back soon from them.

Reactions: Joeeyes

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
I think Regina applicants are the only ones still waiting for the Oath to be scheduled. I ended up calling cic this Friday and was patient enough to hold for half an hour after 10 attempts. The rep advised that there are no upcoming ceremonies at the Regina location. So that's apparently the reason for the delay. @Joeeyes I hope we hear back soon from them.
Thanks for the update....

bullahg

Jan 23, 2018
Hello,

My application was sent in July, 2017 with my family and by October we all passed our citizenship test. However, since then we have not received any update regarding our oath. Getting worried a bit since they told us it would take two months to get an invitation. If someone could let me know if my worries are unwarranted.

Thanks!

P.S. I applied from the Scarborough, Toronto area.