+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After how many days of oath you applied for passport ? My oath was on Thursday so I'm wondering if I can apply tomorrow for passport
You have to wait 2 business days minimum after oath before applying. My oath was on Friday and I applied on Wednesday.
If I was you, I would go on Tuesday but you can try tomorrow too - if you are not in the system, they will tell you to come later.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
any July applicant got oath invite from Scarborough office? It seems like Missisauga has cleared most of July applicants and some went to Scarborough to take oath but not sure why Scarborough applicants themselves still in limbo after decision made?

swapno

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Hi, I have my oath on Feb 6th in hamilton office @ 9.10 am. Anybody in this office has any idea about how long does it take to settle everything. Again asking this question whether need to take full day off from office or not. Please share your view. Thanks

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
You have to wait 2 business days minimum after oath before applying. My oath was on Friday and I applied on Wednesday.
If I was you, I would go on Tuesday but you can try tomorrow too - if you are not in the system, they will tell you to come later.
Thanks. I went anyways today and was able to apply. Took just 5 min.

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
which office processing your case? If it is Scarborough then bad luck, you need to wait for a few more months
Nope. It’s actually being processed in Regina, SK. I am just a bit confused. I have a scheduled vacation trip for mid March which is going to take me away from the country a month. If I don’t get it done before then, I might just have to fall further into this queue...any idea if one can request some sort of urgency?

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
Thank you to everyone for the help and support over the past few months. I have my Oath Ceremony in Mississauga tomorrow morning. Best of luck to all who are still waiting to hear.

Reactions: amfiprion

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you to everyone for the help and support over the past few months. I have my Oath Ceremony in Mississauga tomorrow morning. Best of luck to all who are still waiting to hear.
Congrats!!. Were you given oath letter on the same day of your test.

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013

p.ny

Jul 25, 2017
Hi Everybody, I got my oath letter on January 9th for the ceremony on 26th January. It is the final step for almost ten years process. Good Luck and the best for all the community members.

NevPen

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
any July applicant got oath invite from Scarborough office? It seems like Missisauga has cleared most of July applicants and some went to Scarborough to take oath but not sure why Scarborough applicants themselves still in limbo after decision made?
Nothing for me :( This is very frustrating and annoying...

jaioublie

Sep 9, 2016
I am going to the oath ceremony on Jan 17 tomorrow in Montreal. Finally this journey has come to an end. I wish everyone best of luck!

kiwigirlincanada

Aug 9, 2017
The wait is excruciating, especially seeing people from the August group already doing their oaths! There aren't many from Vancouver who have had their oath invitation yet either. I honestly didn't think it would take this long for the invite. Sigh.