22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
Test invite letter: November 6
Test date: December 6

mickel44

Star Member
May 24, 2013
There is a number on the oath invite. Iy will be in the square where they wrote the time, the place for the ceremony at the bottom, this is your seat number.
Hi Catharines,
Do you guys usually get an update on ecas as well for oath invite?Or this is only something we are supposed to get by physical mail?
Any emails are sent for notification at that stage?

Thank you

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
One quick question

After going in to “IN PROCESS”, St. Clair, Ontario Office has asked for my FP request and the result was sent to that office only. However, I am From Scarborough, Ontario.

Does this mean that my processing office is at St. Clair or Scarborough?
No your office will still be Scarborough. FP and background checks are handled from the St. Clair office. (at least in the GTA)

Reactions: aakash28

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hi Catharines,
Do you guys usually get an update on ecas as well for oath invite?Or this is only something we are supposed to get by physical mail?
Any emails are sent for notification at that stage?

Thank you
You should also get an update on ecas. Mine was always updated first and then i received the snail mail.

Reactions: mickel44

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Just wondering if email notifications are sent out as the application status changes (i.e. - from AOR to in process) or do I need to keep checking ECAS for updates?

Thanks in advance.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wondering if email notifications are sent out as the application status changes (i.e. - from AOR to in process) or do I need to keep checking ECAS for updates?

Thanks in advance.
No they do not send any status notifications. They only send AOR, test invite, oath invite and (sometimes) requests for additional documents. These come either by email or mail.

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017

Thanks in advance.
If I were you I would keep checking ecas also, sometimes they send the email you missed it because it went on spam. I read that someone had missed a test invite because he did not check ecas everyday. He did not receive any snail mail but an email he found it on his spam. So to be on the safest side I would check ecas.

604miya

Jul 30, 2017
Hey there!

So my application has been updated and I have received a test invite. Please see the stats below

Application sent : July 31
AOR: Sept 7
In process: Sept 13
email rcvd for test invite - Nov 6 ( however, application status says they sent it out on Nov 1)
Test date - Nov 29th.
City - Vancouver

If I do not receive my notice by mail, can I just take a print out of the email?

Reactions: CanadianSoonToBe

Purke23

Jul 24, 2017
Hello guys,

I have citizenship test in Scarborough office on November 24, this month.

I just received finger prints results from police ( I was waiting since September 22 for this paper).

Where I need to send this FP results- to my office in St.Claire office in Toronto or in to office in Scarborough?

Is it ok to send it by normal Canada post mail?

Please answer to me

Thank you

prash16

Jun 19, 2017
passed my test in the morning. There were around 40 ppl there. I have quick question from people who got DM, does the visa officer tells at that moment. I was told by citizenship offer, file looks fine, he has to go through again to finally granting decision or see if any more documents are required. Can someone comment on this.

@Katayoon can you kindly share your experience on this.

Last edited:

kiwigirlincanada

Aug 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share that I had my test/interview this morning. I found the test honestly really easy, and scored 20/20. It probably took about 5 minutes to complete it, and maybe another few minutes to double check it. I was at the Vancouver office and the test was scheduled for 8:01am, but when I got there at about 7:45am, the building wasn't even open yet! There were about 50 people in the test session with me, and we were mostly all waiting outside in a line up along the building in the freezing cold. When we finally got inside, they asked us to have a picture ID and ONLY the first page of our invitation letter. Basically they check you in using the ID and test invitation, and then once you've completed the test they take that front page of the invitation when you hand in your test sheet, and use that to call you in order for the interview. The test was sort of in a lecture hall format, but no desks, you're just told to sit where there's a clipboard. Once you've completed your test, you take it up to the front of the room and go back to the waiting area (in a separate room) to wait for the officer to call you up for the interview. So, people start gradually leaving the room where you're doing your test as they finish, there's no need to stay for the full 30 minutes.

So once the officer called me up, they had my whole file that I'd submitted as my original application. She asked me for my passports (current and expired), driver's licence, PR Card, and that was it. I had all the original copies of my transcripts and other proof with me but she didn't ask to see those at all. She asked me some very simple questions about what I do for work, how I managed to keep track of all my travelling (since my passport doesn't always get stamped for my return to Canada), some general chit-chat, and that was it. It was really simple and straightforward, absolutely nothing to be worried about - although I know that's easier said than done.

I submitted my dates a while back but they weren't updated, can someone please update them for me?

Application Type - Single
Physical Presence - 1498
Application Mailed - June 28th, 2017
Appl Delivered - July 4th, 2017
AOR Received - August 9th, 2017
In Process - August 14th, 2017
Test Invite - October 13th, 2017
Test Date - November 8th, 2017
Decision Made -
Oath Invite -
Oath -

prash16

Jun 19, 2017
@kiwigirlincanada I had my test at 10 :00 test was easy . I lost 1 mark somewhere lol... Just curious did your citizenship officer told you about the next steps ? I was advised file looks ok, but officer needs to run through again to grant decision