+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

kiwigirlincanada

Aug 9, 2017
@prash16 No, the officer didn't mention anything at all about next steps.. Did you pick up an information sheet after the test? It says on that if we pass the test we will receive a notification to attend a ceremony. From the looks of things on the spreadsheet, the "decision" is usually made within a couple of days.

I was wondering if we get a notification to say what the decision actually was, like do we get an email or other notification saying that the decision was a "yes", so we know just to relax and wait for the oath invite?

prash16

Jun 19, 2017
@kiwigirlincanada yes I did collected that sheet. I believe in process changes to decision made. I will let someone who has received the invite to confirm this. Just an observation today in van there were like 100 ppl taking the test in morning hours, it is fair to say this forum and spreadsheet gives you very basic snapshot, not a clear indicator though. I see you and me from Vancouver taking the test today. 2% approx of overall test takers..

SeulDansMonBocal

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
File Transfer...
10-12-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
ETA: 29-07-2016
Just passed the test. 20/20. Anybody know how often Edmonton does Oath ceremony?

SeulDansMonBocal

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
File Transfer...
10-12-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
ETA: 29-07-2016

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
passed my test in the morning. There were around 40 ppl there. I have quick question from people who got DM, does the visa officer tells at that moment. I was told by citizenship offer, file looks fine, he has to go through again to finally granting decision or see if any more documents are required. Can someone comment on this.

@Katayoon can you kindly share your experience on this.
My officer told me this at the end of interview: "congratulations, you passed the test and you also met all other requirements for citizenship. So please wait 1-2 months for the oath invite in mail". I asked if all checks were complete, and he said yes.

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Last edited:

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@prash16 No, the officer didn't mention anything at all about next steps.. Did you pick up an information sheet after the test? It says on that if we pass the test we will receive a notification to attend a ceremony. From the looks of things on the spreadsheet, the "decision" is usually made within a couple of days.

I was wondering if we get a notification to say what the decision actually was, like do we get an email or other notification saying that the decision was a "yes", so we know just to relax and wait for the oath invite?
No there will be no email. You have to check ECAS daily and one day you will see that you went from "in process" to decision made. If your interview went well, it is a "yes".

kiwigirlincanada

Aug 9, 2017
@Katayoon Does the update to ecas say whether the decision made is a yes or no, though? Or if it updates that just means that yes you've been approved?

@prash16 Yup - and did you notice how many applications are in the spreadsheet for October?!

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Katayoon Does the update to ecas say whether the decision made is a yes or no, though? Or if it updates that just means that yes you've been approved?

@prash16 Yup - and did you notice how many applications are in the spreadsheet for October?!
No, it does not say yes or no. Just decision made, which usually means a yes.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@kiwigirlincanada it just blows my mind 500 applicants. if we take even 10% of applicants which is higher on this forum . There will be at least 5000 applicants in Oct .....
I guess we all kind of expected that. This is why I did not listen to any "oh it is a stupid idea to apply without buffer" and fired my application next day after becoming eligible. I just made it before the storm hits. So the myth "you will definitely get an RQ if you have no buffer" that people frequenty copy paste here is just a myth.

Last edited:

mickel44

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Hi guys,
I am curious do you know if those who get RQ get it usually before the test or after the test? Or there is no any rule regarding this?o_O

Thank you,

kiwigirlincanada

Aug 9, 2017
I just checked my ecas this morning, and the application status has updated to Decision Made! :D Delighted!

Have you guys noticed -- the spreadsheet is really not coping with all the extra people using it, I couldn't even open it a few minutes ago and now it's taking FOREVER to load. I'm not surprised, with 500 people in October - I'm so interested to see how many will be in November. The 3/5 rule is way too lenient!

Am I supposed to update my own dates?

Application Type - Single, Vancouver
Physical Presence - 1498
Application Mailed - June 28th, 2017
Appl Delivered - July 4th, 2017
AOR Received - August 9th, 2017
In Process - August 14th, 2017
Test Invite - October 13th, 2017
Test Date - November 8th, 2017
Decision Made - November 9th, 2017
Oath Invite -
Oath -

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just checked my ecas this morning, and the application status has updated to Decision Made! :D Delighted!

Have you guys noticed -- the spreadsheet is really not coping with all the extra people using it, I couldn't even open it a few minutes ago and now it's taking FOREVER to load. I'm not surprised, with 500 people in October - I'm so interested to see how many will be in November. The 3/5 rule is way too lenient!

Am I supposed to update my own dates?

Application Type - Single, Vancouver
Physical Presence - 1498
Application Mailed - June 28th, 2017
Appl Delivered - July 4th, 2017
AOR Received - August 9th, 2017
In Process - August 14th, 2017
Test Invite - October 13th, 2017
Test Date - November 8th, 2017
Decision Made - November 9th, 2017
Oath Invite -
Oath -
It appears that Our admins already got their AOR's/Tests/DM's and are on a well deserved vacation in the South, enjoying the sun and sandy beaches. Maybe if you post your dates in later threads (October applicants etc.) they will update them quicker. Their admins still have no AOR hence check this forum anxiously every minute and second.

Reactions: kiwigirlincanada