+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hi guys, i have a question - when filling the online physical presence calculator , in from and to dates?
From ( is this the date when we left canada- or its the day after we leave canada? ) since the day we are leaving canada is counted as the day present in canada. And similarly for to ( is this the date we entered canada or the date before we entered canada) since the date we entered canada is counted as the physical presence in canada? Please advice me on this.

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Well, I do live in Toronto, not in Scarborough. I didn't know my files would be handled by the Scarborough office. People submit their location of residence, not the location of the file processing center. We don't know that information until later in the process.
I live in Scarborough and got FP request from st. Clair and which got me thinking my file office will be there. However only later I came to know that they handle the FP and background check for GTA candidates.

Many of Toronto listed candidates are from Scarborough also. So yeah, it is kind of misleading. But I see many of May candidates are getting invite for test this week. So how can we complain!!

Reactions: DJ_NOVA

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, i have a question - when filling the online physical presence calculator , in from and to dates?
From ( is this the date when we left canada- or its the day after we leave canada? ) since the day we are leaving canada is counted as the day present in canada. And similarly for to ( is this the date we entered canada or the date before we entered canada) since the date we entered canada is counted as the physical presence in canada? Please advice me on this.
You have to put actual dates. Date left Canada and date came back. The calculator will automatically do the math for you.

Reactions: muhammad092

oferro

Nov 13, 2017
Hi guys, I've been trying to include my application timeline on the spreadsheet but it seems that I only have read access. Is there any admin around that could include this info in the database?

Application sent: July 15/2017
Application received: July 19/2017
AOR: August 23rd/2017
In process: August 30/2017
Test invite letter: October 16/2017
Test date: Nov. 8/2017
DM: Nov. 10/2017
Currently waiting for Oath letter
Application type: Family (5)
Physical presence days: 1590

BTW, only 3 out of the 5 family members needed to take the test (the other 2 are under 17) and now when I check the application status, only the applications of 3 that took the test shows DM, the other 2 still shows "In progress" Is this normal or should I be worry?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
haha.. totally. Well I think they like our files soo much and they don't want to let it go .. lol.. I have stopped tracking or checking everyday now.. it started soo fast and now this.. totally party pooper..
Its totally unbelievable....lol...I see a folk from Regina whom we had test together same day, already had ceremony completed. Now, I am getting a bit curious as to what/why the files have stalled and others have now moved faster despite taking the tests same day?

casper247

Mar 30, 2013
anybody applying from halifax? it seems like halifax isn't moving. got aor since aug 28. anyone else having the same issue?

oferro

Nov 13, 2017
As I mentioned a couple of days ago,, in my family, only 3 out of 5 needed to take the test (the other 2 are minors). Now, after the test, only the applications of the 3 that took the test shows DM, while the other 2 applications still show "In progress"
I was expecting all 5 applications to change the status to DM. Is this normal or should I call them to verify?
When they interviewed us they had all the information from my sons in the same application and they said that all was ok.
Does anyone applying with minors have had a similar experience?
Thanks,

Shad_Hamilton

Aug 19, 2017
Passed the test and interview today! in Hamilton
Officer told me me Mid-december would be the oath ceremony :) you will receive email soon for that.

Reactions: oferro