+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hi guys,

If I receive the test invite by e-mail, but never by mail as it says on ecas "The letter you receive by mail should be your official confirmation", does it mean I should call them and ask to resend by mail or the an email print of the letter should suffice?

Thank you
I know there's a number on there which you would need for your test and then they take the letter from you during the test. I would call them to see if it's okay anyway..Don't take any chances I guess :)

Reactions: mickel44

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Hi guys,

If I receive the test invite by e-mail, but never by mail as it says on ecas "The letter you receive by mail should be your official confirmation", does it mean I should call them and ask to resend by mail or the an email print of the letter should suffice?

Thank you
I had also received my test invitaiton by e-mail and I got nothing by regular mail.
"The letter you receive by mail should be your official confirmation" is actually a standard phrase they use in ecas status. So don't worry about it.
If you received a notice as an attachment to that e-mail, just print it and take it with you on test day.

Reactions: mickel44

mickel44

Star Member
May 24, 2013
I know there's a number on there which you would need for your test and then they take the letter from you during the test. I would call them to see if it's okay anyway..Don't take any chances I guess :)
Thank you! Do you mind sharing if the email you received in it has an attachment in it or not?
I think if it has an attachment it should be fine but am still worried about the number you mentioned in the physical letter

mickel44

Star Member
May 24, 2013
I had also received my test invitaiton by e-mail and I got nothing by regular mail.
"The letter you receive by mail should be your official confirmation" is actually a standard phrase they use in ecas status. So don't worry about it.
If you received a notice as an attachment to that e-mail, just print it and take it with you on test day.
Thank you burakcayir.
CanadianSoonToBe mentioned there should be a number on the physical mail we receive. I have actually received an email with the invitation letter attached but I dont see any number on it other than Application number and UCI number. I am a bit worried about that:(

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Thank you burakcayir.
CanadianSoonToBe mentioned there should be a number on the physical mail we receive. I have actually received an email with the invitation letter attached but I dont see any number on it other than Application number and UCI number. I am a bit worried about that:(
The only numbers I had in the attached pdf was UCI number and Application number.
And the title of the document should be :
Subject NOTICE TO APPEAR - TO WRITE A CITIZENSHIP TEST AND/OR FOR VERIFICATION OF
IDENTITY / DOCUMENTS

If you have those in the document, it is ok. I assume CanadianSoonToBe also means UCI and Application numbers. Don't worry ;)

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
The only numbers I had in the attached pdf was UCI number and Application number.
And the title of the document should be :
Subject NOTICE TO APPEAR - TO WRITE A CITIZENSHIP TEST AND/OR FOR VERIFICATION OF
IDENTITY / DOCUMENTS

If you have those in the document, it is ok. I assume CanadianSoonToBe also means UCI and Application numbers. Don't worry ;)
Yes! Sorry..That is what I meant! A part of the UCI or Application No is the number required for the test. I'm sorry if I caused some confusion. You should be okay if you have that in your email. I would still just call and confirm with the agent too. I only got the physical letter, never an email so I can't say how important it is.

BTCPR

Aug 1, 2017
Vancouver
Hello!

Admin please update my dates,

Test invite: Not sure on this one, I got the email Nov 3rd but ECAS said they sent me the invite on Oct 31st
Test: Nov 23rd

I got the email but I haven't received the physical invitation. Is the physical letter needed for the test? I'm a little bit concerned my mailing address might be wrong (I've been trying to change it, but that's an entirely different conversation)

I see that a lot of people have gotten their citizenship already, congratulations!

Reactions: CanadianSoonToBe

NevPen

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hi guys,

Thank you
Printing the email test invite is enough. I never received anything by mail either, just email. I printed it and had no problems. Good luck!

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
I don't think it is a problem. I still have all my letters test and oath invite, they did not take them.

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Yes! Sorry..That is what I meant! A part of the UCI or Application No is the number required for the test. I'm sorry if I caused some confusion. You should be okay if you have that in your email. I would still just call and confirm with the agent too. I only got the physical letter, never an email so I can't say how important it is.
There is a number on the oath invite. Iy will be in the square where they wrote the time, the place for the ceremony at the bottom, this is your seat number.

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
anyone from montreal had any news ?
Oh man it's so long..
I have a friend of mine who lives in Montreal she had her oath ceremony today November 6 with 300 people. I think that is why it takes so long. She sent her app in June and had her test on August 30.

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
One quick question

After going in to “IN PROCESS”, St. Clair, Ontario Office has asked for my FP request and the result was sent to that office only. However, I am From Scarborough, Ontario.

Does this mean that my processing office is at St. Clair or Scarborough?