+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe you should wait a bit more before booking your flights.. lol Things aren't as fancy as they seem.. haha
Wow that is disappointing! I was dreaming of being in Regina by Christmas already, with -40C and everything. What else can one dream of for a full-scale happinness? Lol

But no worries, this whole processing is a marathon - sometimes you get ahead with earlier test invite and sometimes someone else gets ahead with earlier oath invite etc. ultimately we will all get there one day.

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
New Status: Decision Made Oct 19th 2017

Application sent: July 3rd 2017
Application delivered: July 6th 2017
Days completed : 1465
AOR: Aug 8th 2017
In Process: Aug 17th 2017
Application Type: Family
City: Vancouver, BC
Test Invite: Sep 27th 2017
Test date: Oct 18th 2017

Decision Made: Oct 19th 2017

if you study and practice with some tests you can find on line you shouldn't have any difficulties passing the test.
just spend some time on practicing
Thanks

koor

Jul 5, 2012
May I ask what documents you sent in order to support your Urgent Processing Request? A letter from your company?
Yes you are right - a letter from your company on the company's letterhead. However, you will have to write a cover letter explaining the situation and then attached the company's letter as prove, which is also explained on the CIC website.

koor

Jul 5, 2012
Hello folks, My online status changed to Decision Made today. Could you please update the sheet? Good luck to you all! Remember patience is virtue.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello folks, My online status changed to Decision Made today. Could you please update the sheet? Good luck to you all! Remember patience is virtue.
Wow over one month from test date for decision made with urgent processing? I wonder what would it be without urgent processing...:(

koor

Jul 5, 2012
Wow over one month from test date for decision made with urgent processing? I wonder what would it be without urgent processing...:(
Totally agree. Despite the fact that my application went through urgent processing, honestly it is not really urgent as you see on the sheet there are quite a few regular applicants having the test more or less at the same timeline - just a few weeks difference. Also Decision Made does not necessarily mean that I will get an oath invite soon, as I see from this forum several folks status changed to DM but it took months to get an oath invite. So the drama has just started... I will keep you posted if I get an oath invite soon.

Reactions: Katayoon

bhanump

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
06-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-11-2010
AOR Received.
18-05-2011
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
08-05-2012 to Detroit and "in process"
Med's Request
14-06-2012
Med's Done....
19-06-2012 Medicals Received: 20-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2012
LANDED..........
22-08-2012 Received PR card : 26-10-2012
Hi Folks,

I got the test invite yesterday (19th of October) but the message has a typo I believe as it says test at 1.15 "AM". Below is the 4th line.

4. We sent you a notice on October 19, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 16, 2017 at 1:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Time to start preparing, got three weeks to attend the test. Could someone update my new status in the tracker sheet, please?

Thanks for all your encouraging words during the dull period of waiting and good luck to all for the preps and waiting.

Bhanump

Last edited:

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,

I got the test invite yesterday (19th of October) but the message has a typo I believe as it says test at 1.15 "AM". Below is the 4th line.

4. We sent you a notice on October 19, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 16, 2017 at 1:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Time to start preparing, got three weeks to attend the test. Could someone update my new status in the tracker sheet, please?

Thanks for all your encouraging words during the dull period of waiting and good luck to all for the preps and waiting.

Bhanump
Congrats! Ottawa on the move! Glad there are a few of us here from Ottawa, we can "benchmark" to our timelines...

bhanump

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
06-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-11-2010
AOR Received.
18-05-2011
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14-06-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2012
LANDED..........
Did you use your travel details in filing your taxes?
Nope. I have an agent who deals with my tax filing after I worked for a bit in France in 2014. It involved international tax filing so I got professional help not to miss/mess anything. Since then I got too comfortable to pass on my tax filing to the professional. He never asked me for this info.
Do I need to talk to him regarding this?

bhanump

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
06-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-11-2010
AOR Received.
18-05-2011
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14-06-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2012
LANDED..........
Congrats! Ottawa on the move! Glad there are a few of us here from Ottawa, we can "benchmark" to our timelines...
Yup, Ottawa looks to be moving for sure.

Hey how is the prep going? I guess your brain will soon be overflowing with history of Canada. Good luck with the test on 26th!
BTW thanks for your list of things to submit on the day of the test. I will keep them aside ready for the day.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Hey guys! This morning (October 19) my ECAS showed "Decision made". I don't have another line in the status though (should I?) with further details. I guess there won't be any more ECAS updates, I will be waiting for an actual oath invitation letter in the mail.
Yes there are more updates.
I never received an oath letter, just an email and Ecas update for oath

Reactions: NevPen

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yup, Ottawa looks to be moving for sure.

Hey how is the prep going? I guess your brain will soon be overflowing with history of Canada. Good luck with the test on 26th!
BTW thanks for your list of things to submit on the day of the test. I will keep them aside ready for the day.
Yeah except that I do not know if they send test invites before security checks or after security checks. Because it depends on the office. Judging by how quickly we all get invites, I am a bit concerned that they have not started checks yet...Because we should have seen some variation in timelines but for all of us, including koor with his urgent processing, we got invites approximately the same number of weeks after "in process"...

Test prep is OK - I went through book twice and will go 3rd time this weekend. I also practiced all online quizzes I could find here. I am more concerned with the interview because I see a great variation among officers in terms of scrutiny. Some officers do not even look at all originals and others ask for passport stamp translations from 1990s...Well, the good thing is that the uncertainty will be over soon. Good luck to us

Reactions: bhanump

bhanump

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
06-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-11-2010
AOR Received.
18-05-2011
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14-06-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2012
LANDED..........
Yeah except that I do not know if they send test invites before security checks or after security checks. Because it depends on the office. Judging by how quickly we all get invites, I am a bit concerned that they have not started checks yet...Because we should have seen some variation in timelines but for all of us, including koor with his urgent processing, we got invites approximately the same number of weeks after "in process"...

Test prep is OK - I went through book twice and will go 3rd time this weekend. I also practiced all online quizzes I could find here. I am more concerned with the interview because I see a great variation among officers in terms of scrutiny. Some officers do not even look at all originals and others ask for passport stamp translations from 1990s...Well, the good thing is that the uncertainty will be over soon. Good luck to us
My guess is the security checks are done before the test invite.
I know couple of my friends who applied at the end of June got their test invites pretty much of same timelines. They got the decision made update right after a week or so after their test date and now got invite for oath.
Anyway we'll know soon enough. Thanks for the wishes!

koor

Jul 5, 2012
My guess is the security checks are done before the test invite.
I know couple of my friends who applied at the end of June got their test invites pretty much of same timelines. They got the decision made update right after a week or so after their test date and now got invite for oath.
Anyway we'll know soon enough. Thanks for the wishes!
From my personal experience, as well as from reading through this forum posts, there is no standard approach for security checks. For instance, when I called them after the test that several weeks passed and yet my status is In Process - why? The answer was they are doing background checks (means security checks). Whereas, in other cases, security checks were done before the test; thus, DMs made earlier followed by oath invitations.