+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

donald duck

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I can totally appreciate that. My patience has been over since long time ago. This is why I did not have any patience to accumulate any buffer over 1461 days. I rushed to the courrier next day after becoming eligible and I am glad I did that because each extra day of wait would cause more delays given the spike of application volume after 3/5. Ironically, I got the test invite on the same day as the Minister's announcement of the effective date for 3/5 so I literally jumped onto an accelerating train :eek:
Congratulations Katayoon!

Reactions: Katayoon

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
@Joeeyes .. Did you receive a decision made so far? I assume I am the only one from Saskatchewan in that tracker that is yet to get decision made.

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
@Joeeyes .. Did you receive a decision made so far? I assume I am the only one from Saskatchewan in that tracker that is yet to get decision made.
@JJS; You are not alone. I am still patiently waiting having completed my test approximately three weeks ago ( Oct 10th). Its been a bit disappointing, but again, nothing one can really do but wait patiently.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
@JJS; You are not alone. I am still patiently waiting having completed my test approximately three weeks ago ( Oct 10th). Its been a bit disappointing, but again, nothing one can really do but wait patiently.
That's true. The faster it was to begin with, the slower it got later. But maybe we get our oath letters before the ECAS updates. I've read that for several people. Also I see more oath ceremonies scheduled for Novemeber which is a good sign. Seems like they're trying to clear the backlog.

David_Parker

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
That's true. The faster it was to begin with, the slower it got later. But maybe we get our oath letters before the ECAS updates. I've read that for several people. Also I see more oath ceremonies scheduled for Novemeber which is a good sign. Seems like they're trying to clear the backlog.
Mississauga office topped again in the slowest office in Canada. It continues remain at top position from last one year.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I got the oath invitation letter today, dated October 25. The oath ceremony will be held on November 23. Please update the sheet.

All the best to you all
Congrats! That is great news! So fast from decision made!

Reactions: koor

Purke23

Jul 24, 2017
I received TEST INVITE email today for November 24 in Scarborough office.

They are asking "all your original documents that supporting citizenship apllication"

Can you tell me what kind of documents i need to bring: application, calculation document, landing document.....WHAT?

Help me please!!

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received TEST INVITE email today for November 24 in Scarborough office.

They are asking "all your original documents that supporting citizenship apllication"

Can you tell me what kind of documents i need to bring: application, calculation document, landing document.....WHAT?

Help me please!!
You need to bring everything they list in the test invite + test invite + passports (originals of every passport you submitted with application + new ones, if any) + Certificate of permanent residence + Permanent residence card + language proof + 2 IDs + police certificates if this applies to you (if you have submitted them).
They will already have your residence calculator and application form

RKPP

Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
12 July 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
none
Med's Request
March 21 2013
Med's Done....
March 26, 2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
April 25,2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/05/2013
LANDED..........
06/07/2013
Hi admin could you please add my time line in googlesheet?
My timeline:RKPP (YEG) FAMILY OF
TIME SPENT AS PR:1470
App sent 27 July 2017
APP Delivered 2 August 2017
AOR: 8 Sept 2017
In Process: 20 Sept 2017
FP request: 20 October 2017
FP completed :26 October 2017
TEST INVITE : ???WAITING
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 3, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canadaon September 8, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on September 20, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on October 20, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Can you please suggest how long wait is going to be for the next step ?
Thank you .