+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

kam47j

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you kam47j, you forgot to update your signature or you still have not received your AOR?:eek:
I called IRCC recently, the agent told me we already sent your AOR on Sep 28, but I've never received it in email so far and I checked ECAS by my UCI and it's still one line which is we received your application on August 21, that's it:(

ASMIA

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
App. Filed.......
May 8, 2014
Nomination.....
Aug 11, 2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted 6.5
File Transfer...
Sept. 2, 204
Med's Request
Sept. 23, 2014
Med's Done....
Oct. 1, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 26, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 20, 2015
Hello guys,

I am stuck with Q.9(c) and Q.11.
9(c): I have visited my home country for 5 weeks during the eligibility period, but the form CIT 0177 does not apply to me. What should I select?
11: I worked in a company whose address is in Calgary, AB. But I worked in the Saskatoon, SK area and there was no fixed office in my work area because I audited various stores of a different company. What address should I use?

Also do I need to send 2 photo ids along with copy of passport or one id along with copy of passport?

Thanks!

koor

Jul 5, 2012
Folks, I am on my bus, just got out of my test.
Test: passed 20/20. But I cannot say it was easy. There were questions asking very specific details so if I had not read the study guide book 3 times carefully, I would not have known. There were quite a few fails by the way, so some people left right away.
Interview: very straightforward. They just confirm if the info on the application is still valid: do you still work at XYZ? (I said yes and showed my government employee ID);do you still live at XYZ? Do you live alone? Do you have business trips outside Canada? So you mostly travel to countries XYZ?
Then the interviewer started carefully going through my passport stamps and this is when I proudly put on the table my latest masterpiece - printed tickets for all travel with boarding passes that I have been collecting all these years! He was very impressed and praised me for being organized.
At the end he said I met all requirements, so to wait for oath invite by mail in 1-2 months.
Ask me anything you want :)
Congrats! Glad to know that your interview went smooth as you were a bit concerned about it. You are now almost there!

Reactions: Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats! Glad to know that your interview went smooth as you were a bit concerned about it. You are now almost there!
Thanks a lot!
A bit? I have been sleepless for the whole week lol
But at least knowing that it is done on our end is a big relief - no more exams and extra documents to be provided. I have 6 more months before my PR card expires so I have all the patience to wait :D

aakash28

Jan 28, 2006
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Oct 2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
9th June 2011
Med's Request
18th July 2011
Med's Done....
1st August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Just checked and my e-CAS has been updated with the test invite for Nov 16th. Didn't get any email notice for the test. Will have to wait for the hard copy.
Await, you are the first one in July Group that got test invite after getting a FP request. It’s mentioned that you got the request on 21st September. But when you actually took the FP and send to them? And did you go directly to RCMP or third party?

I am also with similar timeline. I got my FP request on 14th September and did it on 28th September. Trying to figure out the timeline for a candidate who was asked fingerprint from our group to get a test invite.

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hello guys,

I am stuck with Q.9(c) and Q.11.
9(c): I have visited my home country for 5 weeks during the eligibility period, but the form CIT 0177 does not apply to me. What should I select?
11: I worked in a company whose address is in Calgary, AB. But I worked in the Saskatoon, SK area and there was no fixed office in my work area because I audited various stores of a different company. What address should I use?

Also do I need to send 2 photo ids along with copy of passport or one id along with copy of passport?

Thanks!

Q 9c: Say 'No' if you didn't actually live live outside. Vacations are not counted here..that will be there on your physical presence calculator.
Q11: Give the address of Calgary since that is where your company is based and if I were you I would maybe attach a letter explaining why your city is different from your employer's city.

For the IDs, I had sent my passport, driver's license, PR card and Health card. I would rather send extra than less

lorenb

Aug 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2012
File Transfer...
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2013
Exam passed (19/20). The interview the quick, didn’t ask to see much. Interviewer said to wait for oath letter now.

Reactions: Steph C

donald duck

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hello all, please add my timelines to the spreadsheet.

Application Received: July 7th.
AOR: August 14th
In Process: August 21
Test Invite: Oct 12th
Test/Interview - Oct 27th, passed 20/20. Officer said Oath may be some time between January and July.
Test is super easy. I read Discover Canada twice. I think one thorough reading is enough for passing but recommend reading twice to nail it. Interview is friendly. Officer checked the stamps and that is it.

Question for experienced folks: I noticed that for lot of people, status changes to "Decision Made" the following day. Do online status updates ever happen on Saturdays?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Test/Interview - Oct 27th, passed 20/20. Officer said Oath may be some time between January and July.
Test is super easy. I read Discover Canada twice. I think one thorough reading is enough for passing but recommend reading twice to nail it. Interview is friendly. Officer checked the stamps and that is it.

Question for experienced folks: I noticed that for lot of people, status changes to "Decision Made" the following day. Do online status updates ever happen on Saturdays?
Yes, saturday, sunday, public holiday, midnight - we have seen all of it. These messages are often generated by system so they can come at any time. We have seen people getting AORs on weekends etc.

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017

Hi Donald Duck,

Congrats on passing your exam!

As with every other immigration case, all cases are different. You could get decision made the following day or could take 2-5 or even a month. Totally depends on your case. Could you also specify your location in order for the guys in charge to input it?

Good Luck

diblick

Oct 3, 2017
Hey All, Got the oath invite. My timelines are below. Niagara Falls Office
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 10, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 17, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on August 28, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on September 8, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 26, 2017 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on October 20, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 10, 2017 at 9:15 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

donald duck

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hi Donald Duck,

Congrats on passing your exam!

As with every other immigration case, all cases are different. You could get decision made the following day or could take 2-5 or even a month. Totally depends on your case. Could you also specify your location in order for the guys in charge to input it?

Good Luck
Thanks Joeeyes. Location is Scarborough. I understand that timeline varies case by case.