Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
Yes indeed ;-)

Compared to citizenship oath, few hundred bucks is nothing.

We had our oath last Wednesday 16/11/2016 and we applied for passports this Monday 21/11/2016.
For people not in rush, they only pay 160CAD for (adults) 10yrs passports and 57CAD for (kids below 18) 5yrs passports; passports will be mailed right to your address at NO extra charge exactly two weeks after your application.

If you are traveling and are in rush, you have two choices, either you 110CAD to collect it by yourself the next day,
or you pay 50CAD to collect it by yourself few days later but before 2 weeks (before they mail it).

I am travelling on Tuesday (8 days after application), so, I paid 50CAD and I will collect it in person on Monday 28/11/2016.

* just to give you an idea *

Good luck, welcome as a citizen of the land of opportunities

tharealimmigrant said:
hi Esoujeri,
"La nuit porte conseil" - I thought about it, makes no sense delaying Oath with all the implications it may have. Also when I think about it, the agent I spoke to 3 weeks ago about putting notes on my file to schedule me later in December or later told me he put notes. obviously no one read them (if any entered), who's to say delaying it will do me any favor?
Oath being a Friday, I will then try my luck for same-day passport on Friday 12/09/16, but no choice but to change my flight dates and cough up the $$$$$. I will open a gofundme account for that purpose loool
Being a Canadian soon is priceless I will soon forget about the $$$ and enjoy my new status

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ESOUJERI said:
Yes indeed ;-)

We had our oath last Wednesday 16/11/2016 and we applied for passports this Monday 21/11/2016.
For people not in rush, they only pay 160CAD for (adults) 10yrs passports and 57CAD for (kids below 18) 5yrs passports; passports will be mailed right to your address at NO extra charge exactly two weeks after your application.

If you are traveling and are in rush, you have two choices, either you 110CAD to collect it by yourself the next day,
or you pay 50CAD to collect it by yourself few days later but before 2 weeks (before they mail it).

I am travelling on Tuesday (8 days after application), so, I paid 50CAD and I will collect it in person on Monday 28/11/2016.

Good luck..for your upcoming trip..

tharealimmigrant

Star Member
Nov 5, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar - SENEGAL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
Doc's Request.
15-02-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
25-03-2011
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
30-11-2010 then 16/02/2012 after 2nd request
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2012
LANDED..........
05-26-2012
ESOUJERI said:
Yes indeed ;-)

Merci Beaucoup ESOUJERI and Rigly68 for the advice,

Citizenship Oath has to be a priority over anything else, the $$$$ spent saves me a lot of trouble down the road. I will attend Oath as scheduled on Wednesday 12/07/16 and talk to the clerk thereafter to see if there is any chance I could apply for Passport that Friday 12/09/16 - Honestly I think wont be an issue but still will ask if they could enter my name on system sooner as an exception. Sometimes it depends how you ask or present the issue you know.
Then will apply for express pick up and pay $110CAD extra - Already went to Passport Office in Montreal, they told me if I get there early and have the required documents (including proof of travel) also if possible my guarantor with me, they might process passport for same day pick.
What a journey this has been, Esoujeri and Rigly68 you guys have been a great support and help. Keep you guys posted on how things turn out eventually

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tharealimmigrant said:
Merci Beaucoup ESOUJERI and Rigly68 for the advice,

Citizenship Oath has to be a priority over anything else, the $$$$ spent saves me a lot of trouble down the road. I will attend Oath as scheduled on Wednesday 12/07/16 and talk to the clerk thereafter to see if there is any chance I could apply for Passport that Friday 12/09/16 - Honestly I think wont be an issue but still will ask if they could enter my name on system sooner as an exception. Sometimes it depends how you ask or present the issue you know.
Then will apply for express pick up and pay $110CAD extra - Already went to Passport Office in Montreal, they told me if I get there early and have the required documents (including proof of travel) also if possible my guarantor with me, they might process passport for same day pick.
What a journey this has been, Esoujeri and Rigly68 you guys have been a great support and help. Keep you guys posted on how things turn out eventually
I had my oath on a Friday morning and applied for the Passport on the following Monday morning 8:30. The clerk in the oath said that it will take 48 working hours and the best bet will be Wednesday morning, but it was there on Monday morning. I guess it will work for you too. All the best.

abhihappy

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my oath invite today for Dec 01 2016.
Letter dated Nov 18th but did not get updated in ECAS till now.

Calibudd28

Mar 8, 2016
abhihappy said:
Got my oath invite today for Dec 01 2016.
Letter dated Nov 18th but did not get updated in ECAS till now.
Congratulations!!!!

You and my mom have the same test date! and DM date for scarb... so hopefully her invite is almost here!

saazg

Aug 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calibudd28 said:
Any News on Scarborough CIC Location??? Any one received Oaths ?
stil waiting 5th line add on my Ecase ??? ???

abhihappy

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So my ecas has still not been updated, thanks God got the letters, otherwise it would have been no other way to know that my oath was on Dec 1st.....

Calibudd28

Mar 8, 2016
abhihappy said:
So my ecas has still not been updated, thanks God got the letters, otherwise it would have been no other way to know that my oath was on Dec 1st.....
This is exactly why i like to call.. but i have realised even then some of them dont see the letter was sent!!... SMH...

Congratulations I am happy you got it in time!

saazg

Aug 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today, I check my Ecase :D :D :D and my status changed to DECISION MADE, and they add 5th line for oath invitation, oath has been issued on the 21 Nov . Alhamdulillah
My oath is scheduled for 6th December 1:00PM. but still i am waiting for my Oath latter

Good luck all friends,,, just keep your patience ;-)

saazg

Aug 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhihappy said:
thank god they updated my ecase, i didnt get any letters, 8) 8) 8) 8)