+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

Calibudd28

Mar 8, 2016
Whats going on with the scarborough office!!!!!
Why have they slowed down...
havent seen anyone in the group receiving their oath since september.

tharealimmigrant

Star Member
Nov 5, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar - SENEGAL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
Doc's Request.
15-02-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
25-03-2011
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
30-11-2010 then 16/02/2012 after 2nd request
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2012
LANDED..........
05-26-2012
ESOUJERI said:
Valuable friends,

We had our oath today morning (Wednesday 16 November 2016) at the Hellenic (Greek) cultural center in Montreal.
The officer said we could present passport applications on Monday, as they needed two working days (Thursday and Friday) to process our names into the system.
FYI
Congratulations ESOUJERI!!!!
I am very happy for you. You must be excited to be part of the big canadian family now.
I finally received Oath letter today (dated 11/04/16) for ceremony on 12/07/16. What a nice early Christmas gift it is. It comes with a double edged sword for me though. I called CIC that same day 11/04/16 to advise of my travel plans and to schedule me later if it falls during the time I am out of the country. Looks like either the agent did not check correctly or they simply ignored my request.
I may have to change my flight because of course I need to apply for passport which means more $$$$$ to spend. Worst of all I applied for Schengen Visa this week and somehow lost my PR card in the process. I was going to fly out from JFK and return through a land border with my CPR.
I need advice, any thoughts would be appreciated

1- Is postponing Oath a good idea? (By the looks of things it is in my best interest not to)
2- Has anyone applied for passport on business day #2 after Oath? In my case would be Friday 12/09/10
3- I have scans of front and back of my PR card, may I present it in lieu of the actual PR Card with explanation letter at Oath ceremony?

Thanks

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tharealimmigrant said:
I am very happy for you. You must be excited to be part of the big canadian family now.
I finally received Oath letter today (dated 11/04/16) for ceremony on 12/07/16. What a nice early Christmas gift it is. It comes with a double edged sword for me though. I called CIC that same day 11/04/16 to advise of my travel plans and to schedule me later if it falls during the time I am out of the country. Looks like either the agent did not check correctly or they simply ignored my request.
I may have to change my flight because of course I need to apply for passport which means more $$$$$ to spend. Worst of all I applied for Schengen Visa this week and somehow lost my PR card in the process. I was going to fly out from JFK and return through a land border with my CPR.

1- Is postponing Oath a good idea? (By the looks of things it is in my best interest not to)
2- Has anyone applied for passport on business day #2 after Oath? In my case would be Friday 12/09/10
3- I have scans of front and back of my PR card, may I present it in lieu of the actual PR Card with explanation letter at Oath ceremony?

Thanks
I am happy to see you received oath letter but so sorry that it will interfere with your travel plans..... As you recall I was worried about the same situation but dodged that bullet. But I was going to change my travel plans if it would have happened. Not sure tho if request to postpone oath would be a problem or not.
As for the passport I will actually go and just out of curiosity ask at the passport office if I can already submit.... if not I will 2nd day. I will post my experience here....

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FCCPH77 said:
HI to all

i received the test and interview invitation
i discovered later that the application has discrepancies in work history
one of my jobs i have started at October 2014 i mentioned in application at December 2014
is it ok ? and what should I expect ? :'(
If I was in your situation I would mention it to the officer at the interview. As you have actually worked longer as you declared on your application I would in my opinion think it is not a big problem.

saazg

Aug 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ellle said:
That would be nice. I hope your ceremony is in November. Mine probably won't take place before December; because there are applicants who took the test before me (in Scarborough) and are waiting to be scheduled for the oath ceremony. :)
One of my friend also came for his test but he fail that day , after 4 week he gave another test then he passed , he check his Ecase he find DM on it. Did Scarborough office follow FIFO or any randomly, :-[ :-[ :-[

tharealimmigrant

Star Member
Nov 5, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar - SENEGAL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
Doc's Request.
15-02-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
25-03-2011
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2012
LANDED..........
05-26-2012
Rigly68 said:
I am happy to see you received oath letter but so sorry that it will interfere with your travel plans..... As you recall I was worried about the same situation but dodged that bullet. But I was going to change my travel plans if it would have happened. Not sure tho if request to postpone oath would be a problem or not.
As for the passport I will actually go and just out of curiosity ask at the passport office if I can already submit.... if not I will 2nd day. I will post my experience here....
Thanks for your quick reply Rigly68 - Keep me posted. Will call CIC to have a feel on the situation. I should be excited right now but I am very worried.

FCCPH77

Sep 22, 2016
Rigly68 said:
If I was in your situation I would mention it to the officer at the interview. As you have actually worked longer as you declared on your application I would in my opinion think it is not a big problem.

thank you so much, actually im thinking to do so as well

ESOUJERI

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
2010 to Warsaw
Med's Request
Aug 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
Do not postpone your oath dear ***

tharealimmigrant said:

Thanks

tharealimmigrant

Star Member
Nov 5, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar - SENEGAL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
Doc's Request.
15-02-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
25-03-2011
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2012
LANDED..........
05-26-2012
ESOUJERI said:
Do not postpone your oath dear ***
hi Esoujeri,
"La nuit porte conseil" - I thought about it, makes no sense delaying Oath with all the implications it may have. Also when I think about it, the agent I spoke to 3 weeks ago about putting notes on my file to schedule me later in December or later told me he put notes. obviously no one read them (if any entered), who's to say delaying it will do me any favor?
Oath being a Friday, I will then try my luck for same-day passport on Friday 12/09/16, but no choice but to change my flight dates and cough up the $$$$$. I will open a gofundme account for that purpose loool
Being a Canadian soon is priceless I will soon forget about the $$$ and enjoy my new status

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tharealimmigrant said:
Being a Canadian soon is priceless I will soon forget about the $$$ and enjoy my new status
Couldn't agree more! So true!

_Ana

Jun 24, 2010
Russia
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys, do you know why the timeline file is closed for editing? I tried to add my info, but it won't allow me to.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_Ana said:
hey guys, do you know why the timeline file is closed for editing? I tried to add my info, but it won't allow me to.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BZma84gwofEV-GeYx13fiyxZORk8NqRjaTn-VMKtvqA/edit#gid=1276019652

check and refresh it again

_Ana

Jun 24, 2010
Russia
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imran01 said:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BZma84gwofEV-GeYx13fiyxZORk8NqRjaTn-VMKtvqA/edit#gid=1276019652

check and refresh it again
It's for September/October/November applications, mine is July.
I was talking about this spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HO2bMpPOII6R0N7q3oULrAgA27LJYaz3l9fMWcGaOms/edit#gid=0

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_Ana said:
It's for September/October/November applications, mine is July.
I was talking about this spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HO2bMpPOII6R0N7q3oULrAgA27LJYaz3l9fMWcGaOms/edit#gid=0
in this spreadsheets ... we have sheets from June Onward... you can update you time in respective sheet