+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

b52shot

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not just Surrey. I'm from Greater Toronto Area and have the exact same IP date with no test invite YET !

swardfish said:
It seems like Surrey Office is really slow compare to all other Cities.

I've applied in July and status changed to IP in August 23rd. Now waiting for Test Invite.

nasj

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
b52shot said:
Not just Surrey. I'm from Greater Toronto Area and have the exact same IP date with no test invite YET !
Me too I'm in Toronto area, and my Ecase IP since Sep, 13.

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not slow at all !!!

Received my Oath invitation yesterday dated October 7th which happened to be my test date as well so I believe it left the CIC building the very day I left after the test/interview.

Fairly straightforward and pleasant experience, test was easy, going through the book couple of times should do the trick.
Interview was more of a verification of the documents and few random questions, took less than 10 minutes. I was told to expect the invitation by the end of October but it actually came yesterday.

My Journey towards citizenship will complete on 16th of November.

Good Luck All...!!!

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hsbalouch said:
Not slow at all !!!

Received my Oath invitation yesterday dated October 7th which happened to be my test date as well so I believe it left the CIC building the very day I left after the test/interview.

Fairly straightforward and pleasant experience, test was easy, going through the book couple of times should do the trick.
Interview was more of a verification of the documents and few random questions, took less than 10 minutes. I was told to expect the invitation by the end of October but it actually came yesterday.

Good Luck All...!!!
Nice to know :D Congrats!! Which is your office?

saazg

Aug 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hsbalouch said:
Not slow at all !!!

Good Luck All...!!!
congrats :) did your e case change IP to DM ? and how they send Oath invitation by mail or email?

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saazg said:
congrats :) did your e case change IP to DM ? and how they send Oath invitation by mail or email?
Thanks

No, it hasn't changed the eCas status which is still "In Process", invitation was sent by regular mail.

Calibudd28

Mar 8, 2016
Scarborough CIC office definitely slowed down, plus the oath ceremony gap listed on their website is huge...oct 19 then nov 24th

Test taken sept 26th.... Based on the online excel chart the letter should have come in the mail lastweek..

tharealimmigrant

Star Member
Nov 5, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar - SENEGAL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
Doc's Request.
15-02-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
25-03-2011
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
30-11-2010 then 16/02/2012 after 2nd request
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2012
LANDED..........
05-26-2012
ESOUJERI said:
Hello dear,
My file went IP on 26th July (e.g. 24 days before you) and I received the invitation for test 12 days ago...
So, just be patient, it will come
Hi ESOUJERI, like you I am from the Montreal Office. Looks like you took your test earlier this month, my test is this coming Monday 10/17/16. I was wondering if you could share your experience from the test and interview. I hope everything went well on your test.
Thanks

ESOUJERI

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
2010 to Warsaw
Med's Request
Aug 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
Hello Dear,

My test was scheduled for 13:30. They started taking us into the hall by 13:15 and of course they separated me and my wife into opposite directions. Then the agent read the regulations and asked if anyone needs WC he may go now b4 we start the test and stressed on the confidentiality of the test (copyright issues).

We started the test around 13:50. They distributed question notebooks that contain random different questions, my booklet was easy (perhaps I had studied hard) but my wife's was harder with many dates and person names in it.

Then they started calling us for the interview. In family cases like mine they call the members one after the other.
The interview is behind a table where he is sitting and you are standing. He had a quick look at my documents and asked some general questions about when I landed, what work I do, he asked some questions about my school (ETS) where I am doing Ph.D. He was taking notes and writing on a paper while I was talking. It was very fast and he did not want to see many of what I had already prepared.

He also asked if I had a problem with anyone or the police I said NO...

At the end he told me: Congratulations your exam score was excellent. I will start a regular security check. Expect an oath invitation for yourself and the kids in 2-3 months.
My wife's interview was very similar to mine,,,

That is it,,, I am now -impatiently- awaiting the invitation for oath.

tharealimmigrant said:
Hi ESOUJERI, like you I am from the Montreal Office. Looks like you took your test earlier this month, my test is this coming Monday 10/17/16. I was wondering if you could share your experience from the test and interview. I hope everything went well on your test.
Thanks

tharealimmigrant

Star Member
Nov 5, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar - SENEGAL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
Doc's Request.
15-02-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
25-03-2011
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2012
LANDED..........
05-26-2012
ESOUJERI said:
Hello Dear,

My test was scheduled for 13:30. They started taking us into the hall by 13:15 and of course they separated me and my wife into opposite directions. Then the agent read the regulations and asked if anyone needs WC he may go now b4 we start the test and stressed on the confidentiality of the test (copyright issues).

We started the test around 13:50. They distributed question notebooks that contain random different questions, my booklet was easy (perhaps I had studied hard) but my wife's was harder with many dates and person names in it.

Then they started calling us for the interview. In family cases like mine they call the members one after the other.
The interview is behind a table where he is sitting and you are standing. He had a quick look at my documents and asked some general questions about when I landed, what work I do, he asked some questions about my school (ETS) where I am doing Ph.D. He was taking notes and writing on a paper while I was talking. It was very fast and he did not want to see many of what I had already prepared.

At the end he told me: Congratulations your exam score was excellent. I will start a regular security check. Expect an oath invitation for yourself and the kids in 2-3 months.

Hi,
Thank you sooooo much for sharing.BTW congrats to you, your wife and the kids. I am sure you guys will have a nice christmas gift this year by becoming citizens. I know everyone's interview is different but at least I know what to expect. I am going through the online citizenship test and the great CIC online test ressource: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/games/how/
I will read the book one more time tomorrow but I think that should do it. I will keep you posted on my experience on Monday.

saazg

Aug 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ellle said:
Mine was at 8:15 :) Just checked ecas again; still in process. Hopefully we'll have "decision made" soon.
any update?

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
ESOUJERI said:
Hello Dear,

Regular security check need 2-3 months ?

Normally Police Clearance in Canada took 2 weeks only or may this is different check.

ESOUJERI

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
2010 to Warsaw
Med's Request
Aug 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
To my knowledge, they reduce your expectation and the invitation for oath comes sooner than what they tell you in the interview.
According to law, they have only 60 days after the interview to DECIDE.

In fact, I have no idea what a `security check` is, but I am sure it will not take 3 months. In response, I only said: OK thank you, we will look forward for it.

heeradeepak said:
Regular security check need 2-3 months ?

Normally Police Clearance in Canada took 2 weeks only or may this is different check.

tharealimmigrant

Star Member
Nov 5, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar - SENEGAL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
Doc's Request.
15-02-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
25-03-2011
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-04-2012
LANDED..........
05-26-2012
Hi everyone,

I had my test and interview completed today @1:00PM Montreal Office. First of all thank you once again ESOUJERI for your feedback. Let me tell you that in my case today was no different.

- I arrived 30 minutes early and there was a line formed already, I would say 15 people ahead of me but nothing scary. But as the time of test approached more and more people lined up. Around 12:50PM a security guard started to allow people in in waves of 10 people. Once you are in, they check you notice to appear and you PR card then they ask yo to sit in the waiting room.

- A woman came in about 10 minutes later and asked us to go to the test room, and once again we were asked to show PR card and test invite. Once seated we were given instructions for the test etc... Oh I forgot, they give you 5 minutes if you wish to use the washroom.

- It took me a solid 4 minutes to complete the whole test (including answers review). As you can imagine I scored a perfect 20/20. Unfortunately I cannot disclose any information about questions but make sure you read the book and practice the online questionnaires.

- 5 minutes after finishing test, I went for interview, the questions were straightforward (most of them were taken from my application) - then he asked whether my wife is already canadian citizen, then I said "yes that was 20 years ago". He reviewed the stamps on my passport and checked my presence calculator, then he said "congratulations you had a perfect score, wait 2-3 months for oath invite". it was more like a conversation, very nice cic agent.

I was out at 1:37PM exactly. Now waiting for oath invite,, hopefully it arrives before christmas as it would be a nice gift and perfect way to end 2016.