JULY 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
b52shot said:
Had few questions for you as I was also residing in UAE before moving:
What kind of questions did she ask you ?
Did you have any job over the past 4-6 years in Canada?
What other extra documents you brought in with you that she wasn't interested in ?
Did she mention anything about you receiving any oath invitation within the next few weeks or months ?

Thanks & good luck

Hello

I only worked for a year in Canada, volunteered with the same company for over than three months. Took a course for two months and through them I did the co-op with my previous employer.

I took with me:

1-The exit/entry report (unfortunately, it was incomplete. as my last visit with my new passport was not listed. Its not in their records!!!but I have the stamps in my passport. my family and friends have tried with the airports and the immigration dept. but to no avail. thats why I brought the extra document.

2-My OHIP claim history. I filled out an online form and then send it by mail with the first page of the test invitation letter cuz I was in a hurry. It took them 7 working days to issue. And I enclosed a letter requesting the report to be sent asap. I received it a day prior to the test. Should have requested it earlier. been told it takes 10 working days.

3- a letter from the Landlord. been with them since July 2012. As u know, the original contact is not renewed every year. (was not interested to look at)

4- ROE from the employer. (looked at it, but returned back to me)

5- A letter from the co-op institution stating they I attended the couse and did a 3 months co-op with dates. She looked at this and put a note.

6- history of payments from the gym. (was not interest to look at)

She asked how was I supporting my self when I was not working, I said my savings. I wrote in the citizenship application that I was looking for a job the first two years.

She put a note that I was a resident of the UAE!!!

She asked if I still have a residency visa in the UAE, I showed her the cancellation. It was mentioned in the translation of exit/entry records.

I got my passports and the exit/entry record translated for free through a community centre here in Mississauga.

my old passport has a lot of stamps, so she asked me for the Canadian border stamp when I came in 2012, and I did.

I felt that both the exit/entry and the ohip claim history were needed because I have not done much in the country. I needed to see my family doctors frequently and that helped.

Good luck to you.

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
b52shot said:
Had few questions for you as I was also residing in UAE before moving:
What kind of questions did she ask you ?
Did you have any job over the past 4-6 years in Canada?
What other extra documents you brought in with you that she wasn't interested in ?
Did she mention anything about you receiving any oath invitation within the next few weeks or months ?

Thanks & good luck
I did not ant to ask about the oath, did not want to give the feeling that I am in a hurry to get my passport and leave.

I did not even ask about my score!!!I totally forgot and so did she!!

b52shot

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arch said:
HI Loulou79 ;
COULD YOU TELL ME HOW I CAN GET THE OHIP HISTORY .
THANKS IN ADVANCE
Fill out the form on this link and mail it.

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/forms/les_fm.aspx

ellle

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saazg said:
hi Ellle I checked spreadsheets you are from scarborough and test date 30 sep same as mine :) i am also there on 11.45 group i want to know did you receive any DM on E case?
Hello Saazg. As now, my application is still in process. At what time was your citizenship test?

saazg

Aug 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ellle said:
Hello Saazg. As now, my application is still in process. At what time was your citizenship test?
my test time was 11.45

ellle

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saazg said:
my test time was 11.45
Mine was at 8:15 :) Just checked ecas again; still in process. Hopefully we'll have "decision made" soon.

nasj

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ellle said:
Mine was at 8:15 :) Just checked ecas again; still in process. Hopefully we'll have "decision made" soon.
Did you got test invitation with Ecase in process?
My Ecase showing in process since Sep 13, no change.

ellle

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nasj said:
Did you got test invitation with Ecase in process?
My Ecase showing in process since Sep 13, no change.
Yes, Ecase was in process when I got the test invite. Good luck :)

saazg

Aug 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ellle said:
hope soon bcoz i wanna go to visit my parents in india in jan 2017

JJCHS

Aug 3, 2016
Hello,

ECAS shows "We sent you a notice on October 4, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 24, 2016 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us".

Citizenship - Sydney, NS office
25 July 16 - App Mailed
29 July 16 - App Delivered
17 Aug 16 - AOR Received
19 Aug 16 - In Process
04 Oct 16 - Test invitation
24 Oct 16 - Test date

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Hi

i applied from montreal as well. I have a few questions if you dont mind answering.I would be highly obliged.

I sent in my app on september 9th and delivered on 13th september. No AOR yet. I followed everything and put in all my travel dates with explanation for work and study and when i was unemployed. After i sent my app i was looking around at the forum and i missed one 4 hour trip to US. I went ith my friend because he had to do the landing for his PR. We went to apple bees and than best buy.Than we i came back. it was like3 hours. I never though i had to disclose that. I did attach all my passport pages with stamps. I was thinking once i get my AOR i can send a web form stating this. What do you think and whats your opinion. Thank again for your help

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaon said:
I got my Oath invite!! ;D ;D
Congratulation Canadaon, that was fast.

Just getting more and more worried myself as I had Decision Made over a month ago on September 07 and have not received any oath invite.... I do see many applicants receiving their oath invite who had DM made end of September and already received oath invite. I am kind of scared they lost my file now.....

It seems to make no real sense that the time from DM to oath invite is so different for everyone. Wish it would be consistent throughout....