+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

shab84

Sep 8, 2012
OOW said:
If the minor is below 14 years, they don't need to write the test and their physical presence does not count. We applied for 3 of our children who are below 14 years, and none of them even followed us to the test/interview. They didn't even ask anything about them, only me and my wife. So, your minor child is below 14, don't worry about that. Just get all your original documents ready.
Thanks OOW for your help.

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
march2016 said:
Usually it's done separately for each member. Its the same routine questions most of the time , where you stay, what do you do for living? family, trips etc..
OOW said:
In our case, my wife and I were interviewed together (but one person at a time). We were invited to seat before the officer together. Our children are below 14 years and they did not go with us.
Thank you very much

ESOUJERI

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
2010 to Warsaw
Med's Request
Aug 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
I have two questions concerning the test / interview day:

1. Besides original documents, is it necessary to take photocopies of the original documents as well to the interview?

2. Are family members (couples) taken into interview together or individually?

*I am asking because I want to know if I can place my documents along with my wife's on the same photocopy page (an old habit)

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ESOUJERI said:

1. Besides original documents, is it necessary to take photocopies of the original documents as well to the interview?

*I am asking because I want to know if I can place my documents along with my wife's on the same photocopy page (an old habit)
1. Yes take photocopies , i think its mentioned in the letter. But they did not ask us.

2. individually, Have separate file folders

All the best for Test.

ESOUJERI

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
2010 to Warsaw
Med's Request
Aug 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
thanks for your valuable advice dear,,, i appreciate it

march2016 said:
1. Yes take photocopies , i think its mentioned in the letter. But they did not ask us.

2. individually, Have separate file folders

All the best for Test.

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaon said:
Hi all,
I finished the test and happy to get 20/20. My experience is - around 15 - 16 questions were easy if you study the DISCOVER CANADA. 4-5 questions are tough and you need to have done enough homework to get them right. It took around 8 minutes to complete the test and I went over it for many times. The lady who did the interview was good and just checked my Passport, PR Card, Language proofs and COPR. She then informed that I will get my invitation to the oath in 2-3 months. ;D
Congrats and good luck.whats COPR?

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ESOUJERI said:

1. No
2. Yes family members interview is together.

ellle

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tester78546 said:
Thank you everyone and good luck with the coming test.

Regarding the questions, there were only 2-3 that looked hard; other ones were very and very simple. Yes it is not that easy to get maximum like it may seem after checking what other people say, but on the other hand, you can't fail it unless, of course, the corresponding book has never been opened.

I was just surprised how on many forums people say "It is a peace of cake, just look through a book before the test and you are good" - so I decided to share my opinion. It is absolutely not true and I am not sure why these rumors are so popular. Get ready for the test seriously. Spend at least one hour every day during the whole week. Well if you have PhD and graduated from the Harvard university, you probably don't need to read this book at all as you know everything already, otherwise, don't neglect it, no matter how good the tests on your mobile app or your favorite website are.
Thank you Tester78546. I really appreciate your insight, it allowed me to gain a new perspective and understand what to expect.

ellle

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaon said:
Hi all,
I finished the test and happy to get 20/20. My experience is - around 15 - 16 questions were easy if you study the DISCOVER CANADA. 4-5 questions are tough and you need to have done enough homework to get them right. It took around 8 minutes to complete the test and I went over it for many times. The lady who did the interview was good and just checked my Passport, PR Card, Language proofs and COPR. She then informed that I will get my invitation to the oath in 2-3 months. ;D
@ Canadaon: Thank you for sharing. Congratulations to 20/20.

abhihappy

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finished the test today morning, 20/20..
Have been told that have met all requirements and next step will be Oath...

ellle

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhihappy said:
Congratulations Abhihappy.

hayabusa

Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhihappy said:
Congrats abhihappy !!!

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhihappy said:
Congrats abhihappy,
How was the interview, what kind of questions you have been asked and what documents they have checked? Did they asked about the original IELTS report (if applicable to your case)?
Did they interviewed you all together as a family or every one has been interviewed separately.

Thanks and best wishes

abhihappy

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Only questions asked was what work do I do this is to access language part of exam
Interview is for family; husband and wife, not sure what they do if there are older kids
I had the language report, which was looked at.
All documents attached to the application were cross verified with orignals .total interview Took 10 min, asked if I had any questions, and then told that I have met all conditions
And I should look out for oath letter.
I was at Scarborough location