JULY 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhihappy said:
On ecas today morning, updated that test invite letter sent out on September 1 and test date is Sep 26
Hello,

Mine was updated last week stating that a test invite has been sent by mail, there is no mention of test date in eCas, how did you find about the test date?

below mentioned statement from CIC is either ridiculous or am I missing something?

"We sent you a notice on August 31, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us"

how would I know of the scheduled appointment date without receiving the notice?

Thanks

abhihappy

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Below is the except from the notice updated on ecas for me
We sent you a notice on September 1, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 26, 2016 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.
I would assume it depends on the updating person on how much information they decide to put on ecas......

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ha.....now that make sense.

congratulations for having a more sensible officer processing your application than mine :)

Thank you!

stargazerlilly

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hsbalouch said:
Hello,

Mine was updated last week stating that a test invite has been sent by mail, there is no mention of test date in eCas, how did you find about the test date?

below mentioned statement from CIC is either ridiculous or am I missing something?

"We sent you a notice on August 31, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us"

how would I know of the scheduled appointment date without receiving the notice?

Thanks
That is so weird! You better call CIC call center and confirm the exact date,the ecas update should have mentioned the test date for you.
Congratulations and best of luck!

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stargazerlilly said:
That is so weird! You better call CIC call center and confirm the exact date,the ecas update should have mentioned the test date for you.
Congratulations and best of luck!
Thank you Stargazerlilly.

yeah I will wait for couple of days to see if it arrives in the mail else, will call them to let them know that I am flabbergasted by the brilliance of their officer and cannot decide when to appear for a test :)

faraz_fahimi

Star Member
Sep 18, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011 and CC charged 28-09-2011
AOR Received.
PER 24-10-2011 and AOR 15-11-2011
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
In Process 16-11-2011
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
25-02-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-06-2012
Gallant555 said:
Hi faraz_fahimi,

I found this in FAQ. I could not find any where that application will be rejected. I think to reject application or not is final decision of officer working on the file not members on this forum.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do?redir=faq

Q15: Why is it important that the application date used in the calculation and the date of signature on the application form and the calculation printout be the same?

A15: This is important so that there is no confusion on your application date because your eligibility for citizenship is based on that date. If there is confusion, there could be delays in processing your application while we try to clarify the situation, especially if one of the dates makes you ineligible for citizenship. If the confusion cannot be resolved, the information appearing in your application form will be taken as the correct information and used to determine eligibility.
Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I received my AOR an hour ago. thanks for your help.

Gallant555

Star Member
Aug 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Nov1,2010
Med's Done....
Nov8,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June9,2011
LANDED..........
June17,2011
Hi faraz_fahimi,
Congratulations!

OOW

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quick question please. My wife can't find her COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) form. Fortunately, before it got missing I had already scanned it into my system. When we applied for citizenship, I just printed out the digital copy to process the application. Now we're going for Cit Test/Interview this week, can we just go with a copy of the COPR without the original? Is there any implication for not submitting the original copy? All other documents are intact. Please advise me. Thanks.

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

Received my test invite today for 07/Oct/2016 at 7:45am(actual test time is probably at 8:30 or 9:00)

I will book a full day off anyway since it's Friday and guess what?--it's thanksgiving long weekend :D

My case processing officer isn't that dumb I earlier thought he was. Therefore, I will be bringing a roast turkey for him at the test center(..and that would be myself with all the nervousness) :D

Thanks,

OOW

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tester78546 said:
They want originals and they always get what they want...
Thank you. I will try and print the scanned copy using colored printer to make it look like original. I will then wait for the CJ's response if at all he/she asks for it.

abhihappy

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got the yellow letter yesterday :)
(the test invite letter was printed on yellow page, for some reason )
The test is on sep 26, and they have asked to bring originals for all the documents which were submitted along with the application.

OOW

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhihappy said:
Got the yellow letter yesterday :)
(the test invite letter was printed on yellow page, for some reason )
The test is on sep 26, and they have asked to bring originals for all the documents which were submitted along with the application.
Congrats!!! Yeah we got yellow papers too for the test invite.

tester78546

Dec 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OOW said:
Congrats!!! Yeah we got yellow papers too for the test invite.

That could be a reason why they use yellow highlighting here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HO2bMpPOII6R0N7q3oULrAgA27LJYaz3l9fMWcGaOms/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Congratulations!

OOW

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tester78546 said:
That could be a reason why they use yellow highlighting here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HO2bMpPOII6R0N7q3oULrAgA27LJYaz3l9fMWcGaOms/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Congratulations!
Yeah, I think so.