+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lola93 said:
Hi, does anybody know at what point in the process they transfer the file to your local office? Thanks
Once your eCAS shows "in process", it means that your application has been sent to your local CIC office already.

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have not received the AOR yet. At first the package was misplaced and now the AOR is delayed. Ominous signs.

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Loulou79 said:
Have not received the AOR yet. At first the package was misplaced and now the AOR is delayed. Ominous signs.
When did you send the package?

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhihappy said:
Can PR card number be used to check application status ?
Yes you can use the ID no. or the PR card number usually starting with PA which is in the top back of the card (a bar code follows this number)

Jul 6, 2016
Originally sent my application on June 13 2016 but it was returned here is my new timeline

July 6, 2016 : Received returned package
July 12, 2016: Sent by Purolator
July 13, 2016: App Delivered
July 20, 2016: AOR by email

So happy :). I was so upset when my application got returned, felt like I wasted a whole month but it was my fault. By the way I became a PR on Feb 14, 2004 if I could do it over again I would have never waited this long to apply for my citizenship!!! Would have saved a lot of money and could have had it already. DO NOT WAIT! I hope that doesn't cause an issue?

My letter said the book is available online but will I still be mailed a copy? I would really prefer a hard copy but don't want to order it if I don't need to.

Thanks and good luck to you all!

Jul 6, 2016
abhihappy said:
Can PR card number be used to check application status ?
You can use PR # but nothing will be updated on ecas until 2 days after you get the AOR from my understanding. Most likely your application is being returned.When I had sent my application it was received June 13th and returned to me on June 30th. It's frustrating to have to wait I know :(

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
20040213 said:
You can use PR # but nothing will be updated on ecas until 2 days after you get the AOR from my understanding. Most likely your application is being returned.When I had sent my application it was received June 13th and returned to me on June 30th. It's frustrating to have to wait I know :(
May I know what was the reason stated for returning your application and how did you go through it to get it fixed.

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tried to check the status via PR #

On-Line Services
FAQ | Security
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

Jul 6, 2016
canadaon said:
May I know what was the reason stated for returning your application and how did you go through it to get it fixed.

They wanted more information with regard to my addresses so I ended up providing beyond 6 years also two of the pages got cut off while printing and I did not notice this (the payment calculator page and also in the area where you select "yes" for them to check with CRA). Silly oversights I know, I trust technology too much and had reviewed my online completed form and not the printed copy. :( ::)

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
20040213 said:
They wanted more information with regard to my addresses so I ended up providing beyond 6 years also two of the pages got cut off while printing and I did not notice this (the payment calculator page and also in the area where you select "yes" for them to check with CRA). Silly oversights I know, I trust technology too much and had reviewed my online completed form and not the printed copy. :( ::)
I did not list the addresses for my holidays? are they required?