Aug 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18/06/2010
When should we expect the information like inprocess/ received file etc. on ECAS. I sent my application on July 28.

Please help guys

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
birbal said:
When should we expect the information like inprocess/ received file etc. on ECAS. I sent my application on July 28.

Please help guys
+/- 60 days

birbal

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18/06/2010
so :eek: , what is the status until I see some comments in ECAS

morzilla

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Add me to the list of applicants Sent my documents on July 31st and documents received on Aug 1st via Purolator and signed by Stephenson.

Dumb question just to check. The "In Process" on the citizenship validation will be available in aprox 60 days, so before that it's ok that the "Check status page" returns:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided.

Thanks

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
morzilla said:
Add me to the list of applicants Sent my documents on July 31st and documents received on Aug 1st via Purolator and signed by Stephenson.

Dumb question just to check. The "In Process" on the citizenship validation will be available in aprox 60 days, so before that it's ok that the "Check status page" returns:

Thanks
That's the message I get as well, so I think that's the default message for applications not yet in process..

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Do we get letter and study book first or we get our status on ecas first? I keep checking both.

Ronaldo Da Lima 89

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
I re-sent my application on July 30th after I recieved it back last june because my file was incomplete ( Language proof was not acceptable). So lets wait together and I hope all of us will be Canadians by next summer because I was told that CIC will try to finish the maximum number of applications before next July when they implement the new rules.

GAZZZ

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/02/2010
Doc's Request.
04/21/2010
Nomination.....
N.A
AOR Received.
08/13/2010 (2th)
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
N.A
Med's Request
11/28/2011
Med's Done....
12/05/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02/22/2012
VISA ISSUED...
02/23/2012
LANDED..........
02/23/2012
morzilla said:

Thanks

Online status is only available after you receive acknowledgment letter.

This is a typical automatic message when you are still awaiting for acknowledgment letter or your login data is wrong

GAZZZ

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/02/2010
Doc's Request.
04/21/2010
Nomination.....
N.A
AOR Received.
08/13/2010 (2th)
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
N.A
Med's Request
11/28/2011
Med's Done....
12/05/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02/22/2012
VISA ISSUED...
02/23/2012
LANDED..........
02/23/2012
BLT said:
Do we get letter and study book first or we get our status on ecas first? I keep checking both.

I think when they are issuing the letter the online status has been already activated. It's not a big gap. A couple of days for mail guys to deliver the letter.

morzilla

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you guys. I'll wait a few days and will keep you posted. This is a long weekend so I guess they will be off until Tuesday / Wednesday.

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone speculate if this would effect us in any form or way?

Citizenship Improvements Now In Force
Important changes to strengthen Canadian citizenship and speed up application processing come into force August 1, 2014. The provisions were included in Bill C-24, the Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act, which became Canadian law on June 19, 2014
New decision-making model

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has significantly improved its ability to process applications by increasing its decision making capacity from approximately 30 citizenship judges to more than 450 decision makers.

Under the new decision-making model - a one-step process as opposed to the former three-step one - citizenship officers now decide all aspects of most citizenship applications. Under the old model, obtaining citizenship involved too much duplication of work. Citizenship officers reviewed the files and prepared them for a citizenship judge, who approved or rejected the application, returned it to the officer, who then granted citizenship on behalf of the Minister or recommended an appeal of the judge’s decision.

On a transitional basis, cases where the officer believes the applicant does not meet the residence requirement will be referred to citizenship judges for decision. Citizenship judges will also remain responsible for the important role of presiding over citizenship ceremonies and administering the oath of citizenship, which is the final step before citizenship is granted.

The detailed news article can be found in the CIC website

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
This is interesting -- the full article located here.

It's not explicit whether: (i) the residency requirements come into effect as of today, or (ii) the application submitted since June 2014 (which are not yet in processing) will be processed under the new, supposedly faster decision process that came into effect August 1 per Bill C-24.

I'll be checking my ECAS (or my mailbox for that matter) starting next week...

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
This is interesting -- the full article

It's not explicit whether: (i) the residency requirements come into effect as of today, or (ii) the application submitted since June 2014 (which are not yet in processing) will be processed under the new, supposedly faster decision process that came into effect August 1 per Bill C-24.

I'll be checking my ECAS (or my mailbox for that matter) starting next week...
Fingers crossed!
they way I read it, it seems that only the provision mentioned in the news article are being enforced as of yesterday and the remaining provisions such as the residency requirements(4 out 6 years) will be enforced at a later date.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Ronaldo Da Lima 89 said:
I re-sent my application on July 30th after I recieved it back last june because my file was incomplete ( Language proof was not acceptable). So lets wait together and I hope all of us will be Canadians by next summer because I was told that CIC will try to finish the maximum number of applications before next July when they implement the new rules.
We have the same situation, I sent in May, being sent back in June because passport already expired. I sent back on 20th June (the same day I received it) with a letter of explanation (I never extended my passport), then Canada Post messed up my shipment (refunded my payment), arrived 3th of July.

redstone

Apr 6, 2013
HI BLT,, can we pls get exact date of your file rcvd by Sydney in may ? so we can understand how long cic take to return application