+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

Windsor_PhD

Star Member
Jul 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
My package was received and signed by MACRURY at: CITIZENSHIP & IMMIGRATION 4749 DORCHESTER ST B1P 1J3
Hi Empirical,
Quick question, where did you get that postcode from, the one that I see on the application package website is:

By regular mail
Case Processing Centre—Sydney
Grant Adults
P.O. Box 7000
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6V6
Canada

By courier
Grant Adults
47­–49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 5Z2

Its the same one in the PDF application as well. Thanks

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Empirical-Scientist said:
When did you submit your application?
I sent my application on the 21st of July by regular mail to the P.O.Box address. I was told at the post office 3 to 4 days until it is received so they should have it by now, just wondering how long before I can see the status online?

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sylvia27 said:
I sent my application on the 21st of July by regular mail to the P.O.Box address. I was told at the post office 3 to 4 days until it is received so they should have it by now, just wondering how long before I can see the status online?
About 60 days after receipt. They're currently working applications received last week of May, possibly beginning of June

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2 month is the minimum time u need to wait , could be longer when more ppl r applying b4 new law take into effect next year

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
PLEASE COUNT ME IN...SENT APPLICATION VIA PUROLATOR AND TRACKING SHOWS SHIPMENT DELIVERED TO STEPHENSON AT THE RECEPTION TODAY JULY 30TH AT 12:36 PM.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Windsor_PhD said:
Hi Empirical,
Quick question, where did you get that postcode from, the one that I see on the application package website is:

By regular mail
Grant Adults
P.O. Box 7000
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 6V6
Canada

By courier
Grant Adults
47­–49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 5Z2

Its the same one in the PDF application as well. Thanks
That's where Purolator delivered it. I called and asked Purolator, they said it's the same building...

And, it's not unique: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t67919.0.html;msg684172#msg684172.

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI all,
I am going to apply citizenship,
i have renew my passport ..but the last passort was expierd on
march 2013 , and i renewed it on oct 2013 , 6 months gap,,

My question is, will it be cause for rq...or not....plz advice
i never trevell scince landing......
And my new passports renewel page has previouse passpot number aswell ,,,and i have my previouse
passport with me ...
only problum is 6 month gap .....

Maly

May 2, 2010
Guys, I sent applications for me and family to Sidney yesterday but forgot to print names at the back of the photographs. Tried to stop shipment but it is already in NS for delivery tomorrow. What is the best option now? Should I send new set of photos right away without waiting for their request? Will they return it ask for new photographs or is it better to send now? If I send now, will it be tracked to my applications without error? Appreciate your suggestion.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maly said:
Guys, I sent applications for me and family to Sidney yesterday but forgot to print names at the back of the photographs. Tried to stop shipment but it is already in NS for delivery tomorrow. What is the best option now? Should I send new set of photos right away without waiting for their request? Will they return it ask for new photographs or is it better to send now? If I send now, will it be tracked to my applications without error? Appreciate your suggestion.
u r not even sure they will return ur file. but its a good bet that you send in a 2nd set of application, with a letter explain the first set and why u r sending a 2nd set. so the processing center wont confuse by both applications.

Maly

May 2, 2010
u4g5 said:
u r not even sure they will return ur file. but its a good bet that you send in a 2nd set of application, with a letter explain the first set and why u r sending a 2nd set. so the processing center wont confuse by both applications.
Should I just send Photographs referring to the earlier application or the entire application again. Full application seems heavy duty.

Mah*

Jul 23, 2014
Hello everyone,

At last I received the copy of my record of landing today :D :) I'll send my documents tomorrow, I still consider myself a July applicant though ;)

Good luck to us all.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
u4g5 said:
2 month is the minimum time u need to wait , could be longer when more ppl r applying b4 new law take into effect next year
I think it doesn't make any different, the number of people applying is the same. For example, if you have reached your minimum days to apply, even if the new law is not being proposed, still you will apply it today. It's not like you apply because you afraid the new law is going to require longer time, but it's more because you have reached the 1,095 days.
When the new law kicks in, the first year will be less application, because those who have reached 1,095 days will have to wait for 1 more year, then after that, it will be business as usual, because it keeps adding on.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
I think I should join this thread instead of the May's.
Sent and received early May, being sent back the whole thing in mid June because passport already expired. Didn't extend the passport, so enclosed a letter of explanation and sent it back, received early July. Until now nothing so far.
When I got it back in June, CIC already clipped my photo and wrote some numbers on the first page, don't know if this being considered July or a bit earlier.
What can I expect next? Thank you for sharing info.