July 2014 Citizenship Applications

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mah* said:
Hello Everyone,

I'm eligible to apply today (July 23) but for some unfortunate reasons I couldn't find my record of landing and had to apply for a new one 4 months ago. They say it takes up to 6 months to receive that.... :(

Question 1: What happens if I apply without my record of landing and explain the situation in a letter?

Question 2: Regarding section 6.F work/education history; I was unemployed during 2011 and I had 2 long holidays out of the country (each trip took around 2 months). Shall I just mention unemployed or do I need to explain I was out of the country in does periods of time? If I do so, I guess I should include all the other vacations that I had in this section too just to keep it coherent, right?

I really appreciate any advice, you all know how stressful this whole thing is!
try to look for it, otherwise wait until u receive the new one.
it is very IMPORTANT to have to submit it with every other supporting documents.
good luck

hobbes

Star Member
Mar 20, 2008
Mah* said:
Hello Everyone,

I'm eligible to apply today (July 23) but for some unfortunate reasons I couldn't find my record of landing and had to apply for a new one 4 months ago. They say it takes up to 6 months to receive that.... :(

Question 1: What happens if I apply without my record of landing and explain the situation in a letter?

Question 2: Regarding section 6.F work/education history; I was unemployed during 2011 and I had 2 long holidays out of the country (each trip took around 2 months). Shall I just mention unemployed or do I need to explain I was out of the country in does periods of time? If I do so, I guess I should include all the other vacations that I had in this section too just to keep it coherent, right?

For question#1:
Read sept15's response in this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/citizenship-concernsquestions-t193936.0.html;msg3023275#msg3023275

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Mah* said:
Hello Everyone,

1. The instructions say that if any of the originals is missing, explain why. I believe if you cannot wait, then you should write a cover letter explaining your situation, i.e. letting them know you have applied. Include a photocopy of any such evidence (e.g. fee receipt, or anything that applies).

2. If you were out of the country, you will have to explain it nonetheless in the residence calculator. Make sure to attach an extra sheet and explain that you were actively seeking for employment opportunities. There isn't much you can do besides genuinely explaining your situation.

Mah*

Jul 23, 2014
Thanks a lot for the quick response. You are amazing!

I've been waiting for almost 4 years, I might as well wait a bit longer!

Mah*

Jul 23, 2014
u4g5 said:
try to look for it, otherwise wait until u receive the new one.
it is very IMPORTANT to have to submit it with every other supporting documents.
good luck
Thanks u4g5,

Talking about supporting documents. I've been living in the same address since I came to Canada, I know there is no need to include a copy of tenancy contract at this stage but does it do any harm if I do?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Does CIC send the Discover Canada guide and the letter of acknowledgment upon opening our applications (for processing), or upon receiving and categorizing our applications as "Citizenship Grant Adult" ones?

venkyshanky23

Aug 8, 2009
HI ES.
if some is eligible to apply for citizenship and signs an application on july 1 st 2014. but sends his document late by 1.5 months and from different country. how is this going to effect . does he / she have to send application from Canada only?

birbal

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18/06/2010
venkyshanky23 said:
HI ES.
if some is eligible to apply for citizenship and signs an application on july 1 st 2014. but sends his document late by 1.5 months and from different country. how is this going to effect . does he / she have to send application from Canada only?
Not necessary. How cic will come to know that you are in canada or somewhere else

GAZZZ

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/02/2010
Doc's Request.
04/21/2010
Nomination.....
N.A
AOR Received.
08/13/2010 (2th)
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
N.A
Med's Request
11/28/2011
Med's Done....
12/05/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02/22/2012
VISA ISSUED...
02/23/2012
LANDED..........
02/23/2012
Add me in

Sent: July 21
Received: July 23

the last round of the game just begun. how long it'll take? one year or two year ? you never know. :eek:

venkyshanky23

Aug 8, 2009
birbal said:
Not necessary. How cic will come to know that you are in canada or somewhere else
they would know as from address will be different country.
he is out side in Bermuda.. but came to Canada for 5 days on july 1st 2014. now he is in Bermuda .he found he is eliglbe with application date july 2nd..and signed his application and went.
now his documents are in Canada with signed date is not mentioned yet..
so my question is when we print the residency calculator it will be present date..so can we update his history of past 4 year and send from Canada?

venkyshanky23

Aug 8, 2009
GAZZZ said:
Add me in

Sent: July 21
Received: July 23

the last round of the game just begun. how long it'll take? one year or two year ? you never know. :eek:
mine is same like yours..lets have fun journey