+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just called CIC, they told me application is still in Sydney, and background check has not finished yet. Which means ... wait, wait and wait.
Agent also told me they are trying to update the eCAS system so by end of November, those who received email AOR should be able to view their statuses online.

Soon to be

Aug 11, 2014
Mra2618 said:
I just called them. The agent told me that there is no data for me at all in the system and that this is impossible since they are processing applications that are received after July 25th. He told me that this means one of two things:

1- The package is open but the data is not yet in the system ( but again this is impossible since they are processing applications that are received after July 25th, as he said)
2- The package was returned for missing documents.

He told me that I should wait for 2 months then call to see !! I really don't know what to do?
I suggest a two options

1. You can mail a letter to the following address that I got from the call agent: Cic-Sydney PO box 12000 Sydney NS b1p 7c2, case processing centre, citizenship department. This is what I did when they could not find my application but I am not sure if that do the trick or I was just lucky. Include in the letter the details about your first application that was sent and could not be located in the system. I would also attach a copy of the tracking details and the receipt, copy of the PR card and citizenship receipt. I assume that these documents may help them find your application. Send it in registered mail to have a record.

2.When I was trying to get an update on my application one of the agents suggested to send a second application ( to the currier address) and attach the proof of delivery of the first application. Make a copy of the receipt and the tracking details. I think it may be a good idea to write a note on the envelope itself something like "Second application after July 14th was lost" to attract their attention. Make sure that it is noticeable on the envelope.

I know that there are few June applicants that were in the same situation where CIC could not find their application, and after sending a second one they responded saying that the first one was found and now in process.

You can try both options, to increase your chances.

Hope this helped.

I don't recomend waiting it is always an advantage to take some kind of action rather then wait for something to happen.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
Just called CIC, they told me application is still in Sydney, and background check has not finished yet. Which means ... wait, wait and wait.
Agent also told me they are trying to update the eCAS system so by end of November, those who received email AOR should be able to view their statuses online.
So what's is in for us ? What's the idea behind this "new routine" thing if it's slower and less transparent ?!

surrey11

Sep 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received AOR and Discover Canada book by mail today! A step closer. . . keeping my fingers crossed that everything continues to go smoothly and well.

To update my timeline:

Application Received: July 29, 2014
In Process: September 22
Received Line Disappeared: October 3
Received by mail AOR and Book : October 28

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
surrey11 said:
Received AOR and Discover Canada book by mail today! A step closer. . . keeping my fingers crossed that everything continues to go smoothly and well.

To update my timeline:

Good to hear that .. I have somehow a similar timeline .. Received: 25th of July .. In Process : Sept 22 .. Received Line Disappeared .. Sometime in second week of October .. I called CIC yesterday and they told me my file is transferred to Mississauga (currently In-Transit according to CIC) .. I am waiting the book and the AOR.

Do you know you local office?

surrey11

Sep 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@sicko86- We do have almost the same timeline so expect to receive your AOR from today. Good luck.

hmuath

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surrey11 said:

To update my timeline:

Hi Surre11,

From your username I'm assuming you live in Surrey, BC right?
I'm in Surrey, if you too then we are both from Surrey with same timeline :)

surrey11

Sep 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,hmuath! Yes, I'm from Surrey. It feels good to know that we're both from the same place and with the same timeline. Did you receive your AOR already?

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
So what's is in for us ? What's the idea behind this "new routine" thing if it's slower and less transparent ?!
oh i just noticed that you are from montreal too.
i guess the "new routine" thing is supposed to be faster once it has been assigned to an officer because it requires only one CIC officer throughout all application process instead of officer->judge->officer cycle.
at this point, there is very limited what we can do except waiting. let's hope the "new routine" will actually be faster.

hmuath

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surrey11 said:
Hello,hmuath! Yes, I'm from Surrey. It feels good to know that we're both from the same place and with the same timeline. Did you receive your AOR already?
Yes, Received it on Oct 16th.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
oh i just noticed that you are from montreal too.
i guess the "new routine" thing is supposed to be faster once it has been assigned to an officer because it requires only one CIC officer throughout all application process instead of officer->judge->officer cycle.
at this point, there is very limited what we can do except waiting. let's hope the "new routine" will actually be faster.
Well, so far there's at least one applicant fro July under the old routine that received test date. And a couple from August that had local transfer while not a single applicant under the new routine (even from june) has got any updates after the AOR.

goood_day

Jul 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I Received my AOR and Discover Canada book by mail today.

They received my Application on July 21st
They Start Processing on September 24th
I Received my AOR and Discover Canada Book on October 28
Test date: Waiting
Oath Date: Waiting

Good luck all July applicants :) ;) :) :D

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goood_day said:
I Received my AOR and Discover Canada book by mail today.

They received my Application on July 21st
They Start Processing on September 24th
I Received my AOR and Discover Canada Book on October 28
Test date: Waiting
Oath Date: Waiting

Good luck all July applicants :) ;) :) :D
Have you been notified that your application was received before? Or is this the first notification from CIC?

Thank you,

Soon to be

Aug 11, 2014
Finally i can view my status today on e-case. the date recorded at CIC is not correct. My application was received on July 25th and they stated July 28th...

"We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 28, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 28, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 24, 2014."

Good luck to all!

goood_day

Jul 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HiCanadiano said:
Have you been notified that your application was received before? Or is this the first notification from CIC?

Thank you,
I knew that they received my application from My ECAS which is active since Sept 26th.