July 2014 Citizenship Applications

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats! it is the best news ever :)

Anoo said:
Vancouver office is working real fast..

My ecas was updated two days ago "We sent you a notice on October 22, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 26, 2014 at 10:03 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us XXXXX"

my timeline:
Application Sent: June 30, 2014
Application received: July 7, 2014
In Process: September 4, 2014
AOR Received: September 12, 2014
Received Line Disappeared: September 12, 2014
Local Office: Vancouver

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you Julyers..

Soon to be

Aug 11, 2014
Mra2618 said:
sure, I will. Did you send the letter by mail or did you use case specific inquiry?
Ok just called CIC, the agent told me that my application is in process and I should receive the AOR next week. I don't know if it's because I bugged them allot last week but I am glad it is resolved.

Try to call them again and see if they have an update.

dazissimo

Aug 9, 2014
Montréal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
20-04-2011
Soon to be said:
Ok just called CIC, the agent told me that my application is in process and I should receive the AOR next week. I don't know if it's because I bugged them allot last week but I am glad it is resolved.

I called them for the first time last Friday to ask what was going on with my application (it was received by them 31st July). They told me that my application wasn't in system and that all applications up to 25th July is now in system. I should be hearing from them shortly. Hopefully!

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Anoo said:

My ecas was updated two days ago "We sent you a notice on October 22, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 26, 2014 at 10:03 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us XXXXX"

my timeline:

Don't forget to pay the parking with phone instead of coin on the test day, otherwise if you are given the oath right away after the test, the parking ticket would spoil the party. ;D
Congratulation.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anoo said:

my timeline:

congrazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mra2618

Sep 11, 2014
Soon to be said:

Great news. Good Luck

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anoo said:

my timeline:

Congrats! First July applicant to receive a test date, right ?

Anoo

Jul 19, 2014
Thanks for your wishes BLT, U4G5 & yr97..
BLT - Thanks for the pointers. I hope they give it on the same day too ;D. I am moving to Calgary this weekend, so it will save me a trip back and forth.
yr97 - I guess so.. Atleast from the Google spreadsheets, it looks like I am the first one in July to get it.

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anoo said:
Thanks for your wishes BLT, U4G5 & yr97..
BLT - Thanks for the pointers. I hope they give it on the same day too ;D. I am moving to Calgary this weekend, so it will save me a trip back and forth.
yr97 - I guess so.. Atleast from the Google spreadsheets, it looks like I am the first one in July to get it.
Anoo Congrats, I suspect you will be a full fledge Canadian Citizen by January,
Lets hope it happens before.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
latitudeofgratitude said:
Anoo Congrats, I suspect you will be a full fledge Canadian Citizen by January,
Lets hope it happens before.
In Vancouver, the test will come sooner, but after test, you will be given a membership in the oath waiting club.
In Ontario, the test come a bit later, but after test, they will handover the pink letter right away.
But Vancouver is in BC, and BC stands for Big Cash. You know, big cash don't wait. Some of our friends were given oath right away after test (don't read it wrong, oath after test, not oath letter). I hope this can become a tradition in Vancouver. You know, things are expensive for a reason, right?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
BLT said:
In Vancouver, the test will come sooner, but after test, you will be given a membership in the oath waiting club.
In Ontario, the test come a bit later, but after test, they will handover the pink letter right away.
But Vancouver is in BC, and BC stands for Big Cash. You know, big cash don't wait. Some of our friends were given oath right away after test (don't read it wrong, oath after test, not oath letter). I hope this can become a tradition in Vancouver. You know, things are expensive for a reason, right?
In BC, Canadians are a bit off from the rest of the world. They are in the clouds, and that doesn't preclude CIC agents. Whether you get oath on the test day or a few months later, doesn't really matter as much compared to getting an RQ on the test date or a few months later...

Anyways, I wish for most, if not all, of us here to become Canadians by as early as the end of 2014.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Empirical-Scientist said:
In BC, Canadians are a bit off from the rest of the world. They are in the clouds, and that doesn't preclude CIC agents. Whether you get oath on the test day or a few months later, doesn't really matter as much compared to getting an RQ on the test date or a few months later...

Anyways, I wish for most, if not all, of us here to become Canadians by as early as the end of 2014.
End of the year is a bit tough. Maybe get a test by end of the year. Oath could be Feb-April. For those given RQ, only lottery-company knows when.

Mra2618

Sep 11, 2014
Soon to be said:

I just called them. The agent told me that there is no data for me at all in the system and that this is impossible since they are processing applications that are received after July 25th. He told me that this means one of two things:

1- The package is open but the data is not yet in the system ( but again this is impossible since they are processing applications that are received after July 25th, as he said)
2- The package was returned for missing documents.

He told me that I should wait for 2 months then call to see !! I really don't know what to do?

pingaustin

Jul 1, 2008
From all indication, Calgary is the complete opposite. I haven't seen anyone from Calgary having their applications processed so fast.
I submitted mine back in April, they returned early June cos we didn't sign calculator sheet. Resent back to them end of June, it's been in process since August 14 and I don't think we should expect anything for a while.
If anyone is in a hurry to get their citizenship, please consider another location. I know it's not as easy.
For me I can wait forever, whenever they are ready, I'll be right here.

Anoo said:

my timeline: