+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

pingaustin

Jul 1, 2008
I just keep wondering why people are generally anxious about every step of this process.
For me, we are a family of four and I was hoping the process would move fast. The only reason is our passports(from our home country) were going to expire and it is a rather expensive process to renew. We live in Calgary and had to go all the way to Ottawa to renew. So I was hoping we would get the Canadian passport before the other passports expired, but unfortunately, we've had to spend 5k to go and renew.
So at the moment, it really doesn't matter anymore what time we are contacted for tests/oath.
I know everyone's case is different.

Originally sent application: April 7th, 2014(Wife didn't sign 'days spent in Canada' printout). So they sent application back for everyone.
Resent May 2014.
Received: June 24th
In process: August 14th, 2014.

At the moment, we are not too bothered about when they call us for tests.
We are in Calgary.

Kelly77 said:
Hi guys

I called cic. my file was transferred to local office on 14th oct.
What does it mean? When should I expect test invite?

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
pingaustin said:
I just keep wondering why people are generally anxious about every step of this process.
For me, we are a family of four and I was hoping the process would move fast. The only reason is our passports(from our home country) were going to expire and it is a rather expensive process to renew. We live in Calgary and had to go all the way to Ottawa to renew. So I was hoping we would get the Canadian passport before the other passports expired, but unfortunately, we've had to spend 5k to go and renew.
So at the moment, it really doesn't matter anymore what time we are contacted for tests/oath.

Originally sent application: April 7th, 2014(Wife didn't sign 'days spent in Canada' printout). So they sent application back for everyone.
Resent May 2014.

We are in Calgary.
+458
Compared to PR, the citizenship is just a license to vote and some visa-s waiver.
IMO, one of the reason why people are so desperate for the citizenship, is because they have no intention to stay in Canada after gotten the passport. This is the last remaining hurdle they want to get rid off before they kiss goodbye. Actually, they are desperate to leave.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
pingaustin said:

Resent May 2014.

We are in Calgary.
Could you please advise by "days spend in canada print out " are you referring to Residence Calculator print out ?

Thanks

pingaustin

Jul 1, 2008
Yes, that's what I'm referring to. That's why I placed it in quotes.

newcomer said:
Could you please advise by "days spend in canada print out " are you referring to Residence Calculator print out ?

Thanks

pingaustin

Jul 1, 2008
You have a point. You're so right.

BLT said:
+458
Compared to PR, the citizenship is just a license to vote and some visa-s waiver.
IMO, one of the reason why people are so desperate for the citizenship, is because they have no intention to stay in Canada after gotten the passport. This is the last remaining hurdle they want to get rid off before they kiss goodbye. Actually, they are desperate to leave.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
BLT said:
+458
You couldn't be more mistaken. Citizenship is the guaranteur of civil liberties and more than just a licence to travel. It defines the civic aspect of your life, your citizen attributes in the society, your voice on how you give back, etc. If one views it as a means, I am sorry they will become citizens.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Empirical-Scientist said:
You couldn't be more mistaken. Citizenship is the guaranteur of civil liberties and more than just a licence to travel. It defines the civic aspect of your life, your citizen attributes in the society, your voice on how you give back, etc. If one views it as a means, I am sorry they will become citizens.
Relax, it's one of the reason, not the reason one.

Elk-hunter

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elk-hunter said:
So this is the first time for me joining a immigration forum.

My application got received on July 25.
Application processed on September 17.
Received line disappeared around October 13.
No acknowledge letter received yet.
No study guide canada received yet.
Hi guys.
Here an update on my case.
I received my acknowledge letter and my discover Canada
Book today.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elk-hunter said:
Hi guys.
Here an update on my case.
I received my acknowledge letter and my discover Canada
Book today.
Whats your local office?

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
IN PROCESS FINALLY....

Citizenship

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 30, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 30, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 21, 2014. :D :D :D

dazissimo

Aug 9, 2014
Montréal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
20-04-2011
aspire said:
IN PROCESS FINALLY....

Citizenship

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 30, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 30, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 21, 2014. :D :D :D
Many congratulations!

Can you confirm if you got this notification from ecas, or by email/letter?

Shouldn't be long before I hear about mine (my application was received 31st July!)

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
dazissimo said:
Many congratulations!

Can you confirm if you got this notification from ecas, or by email/letter?

Shouldn't be long before I hear about mine (my application was received 31st July!)
From ecas. Received no e mail regarding AOR.