Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
08-01-2016(RPRF),12-01-16(Sch A and RCMP)
AOR Received.
08-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
22-10-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016 (appeared in ECAS as received on 24-02-2016)
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-16 (PP returned on 06-04-16)
vivmehta said:
just got MR.

Please advise any E-medical DMP in brampton,mississauga and Etobicoke.
wow...congratulations...
were you in second review?

vivmehta

Jan 8, 2013
chiragpatel_67 said:
wow...congratulations...
were you in second review?
thanks...

yes my file was under review.
i hope you also will get your MR in couple of days as it looks like they have now focused on july applicants.

chiragpatel_67

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-10-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
22-10-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
vivmehta said:
thanks...

yes my file was under review.
i hope you also will get your MR in couple of days as it looks like they have now focused on july applicants.
ohh man...
i am so damn stucked right now and eagerly waiting to get this done seriously... :mad:

kei

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chiragpatel_67 said:
ohh man...
i am so damn stucked right now and eagerly waiting to get this done seriously... :mad:
Finally, found someone on the same boat. I'm June applicant, second review, no MR or any news whatsoever.

chiragpatel_67

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-10-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
22-10-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
kei said:
Finally, found someone on the same boat. I'm June applicant, second review, no MR or any news whatsoever.
what is the reason fir your review stated in gcms?

kei

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chiragpatel_67 said:
what is the reason fir your review stated in gcms?
They couldn't have conducted web search for my company, even though it showed up on yellow page. My LOE stated only the period of time that I work as a full time manager, it did not stated the period I worked there as part timer. I was under off campus work permit at that time so I did not think that LOE needs anything but the full time job. Because I stated in my schedule A that I worked for the same company but different job/position/under off campus work permit, but my LOE didn't say anything about the part time job. They put me on second review.

For all this time, cic didn't even call the company to verify.

chiragpatel_67

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-10-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
22-10-2014
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
kei said:
They couldn't have conducted web search for my company, even though it showed up on yellow page. My LOE stated only the period of time that I work as a full time manager, it did not stated the period I worked there as part timer. I was under off campus work permit at that time so I did not think that LOE needs anything but the full time job. Because I stated in my schedule A that I worked for the same company but different job/position/under off campus work permit, but my LOE didn't say anything about the part time job. They put me on second review.

For all this time, cic didn't even call the company to verify.
allright.
just wait and watch than....
that's all we do my friend...

UoW111

Aug 19, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks! Just spoke with call center and they gave me a date of end of May, 2016 for second review, which makes my eligibility status as 'in progress.'

As per new BOWP rules, you need to have eligibility status as 'passed' to get BOWP. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

My current permit is expiring in end of March, 2016. I guess I should start packing my bags. :eek:

Ice_prince77

Sep 2, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Jul-2014
AOR Received.
23-Sep-2014
Med's Request
26-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
24-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
04-Jan-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
09-Feb-2016
UoW111 said:
Hi folks! Just spoke with call center and they gave me a date of end of May, 2016 for second review, which makes my eligibility status as 'in progress.'

As per new BOWP rules, you need to have eligibility status as 'passed' to get BOWP. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

My current permit is expiring in end of March, 2016. I guess I should start packing my bags. :eek:
1. If you already have an AOR from your PR application then there is no need to worry. from what i've read the new BOWP rules dont apply to old (pre 2015) PR applicants. so just apply for your BOWP based on your AOR and extend your status in Canada.

2. If the situation above does not apply to you for whatever reason, I recommend (heed at your own risk) that you apply for your BOWP just 1 week before your current WP expires in March. This will put you in implied status until a decision is made on your BOWP application. Considering that the processing time for a typical WP extension is 100 days (+/- 15 days as of today)... your BOWP application submitted in March wont be reviewed until June!... by which time, hopefully, the 2nd review of your PR application is complete!

Good luck!

heroforest

Apr 30, 2015
Ice_prince77 said:
1. If you already have an AOR from your PR application then there is no need to worry. from what i've read the new BOWP rules dont apply to old (pre 2015) PR applicants. so just apply for your BOWP based on your AOR and extend your status in Canada.

2. If the situation above does not apply to you for whatever reason, I recommend (heed at your own risk) that you apply for your BOWP just 1 week before your current WP expires in March. This will put you in implied status until a decision is made on your BOWP application. Considering that the processing time for a typical WP extension is 100 days (+/- 15 days as of today)... your BOWP application submitted in March wont be reviewed until June!... by which time, hopefully, the 2nd review of your PR application is complete!

Good luck!
Paper APR: determining if a positive eligibility decision has been made
If the paper APR under one of the qualifying economic classes was submitted by mail prior to January 1, 2015, or was submitted outside of the Express Entry system, it must have a positive eligibility assessment in order for the foreign national to be eligible for a BOWP.

The positive eligibility assessment is considered to be made once the status of the Eligibility field in GCMS is set to “Passed” (or “Met” for FSWC applications submitted prior to January 1, 2015) and an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or email has been sent to the applicant.

Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a copy of their Acknowledgment of Receipt letter with their open work permit application.

UoW111

Aug 19, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heroforest said:
Paper APR: determining if a positive eligibility decision has been made
If the paper APR under one of the qualifying economic classes was submitted by mail prior to January 1, 2015, or was submitted outside of the Express Entry system, it must have a positive eligibility assessment in order for the foreign national to be eligible for a BOWP.

The positive eligibility assessment is considered to be made once the status of the Eligibility field in GCMS is set to “Passed” (or “Met” for FSWC applications submitted prior to January 1, 2015) and an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or email has been sent to the applicant.

Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a copy of their Acknowledgment of Receipt letter with their open work permit application.
Ice_prince77 said:

Good luck!
Thanks. I think the rule applies to paper applications made before express entry system, as highlighted by heroforest.

I was thinking the same thing to wait until very last to apply for BOWP but don't have high hopes as they keep pushing the second review dates.

I will try to contact the local MP, not sure what they can or can not do when it comes to immigration.

Ice_prince77

Sep 2, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Jul-2014
AOR Received.
23-Sep-2014
Med's Request
26-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
24-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
04-Jan-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
09-Feb-2016
UoW111 said:
Thanks. I think the rule applies to paper applications made before express entry system, as highlighted by heroforest.

I was thinking the same thing to wait until very last to apply for BOWP but don't have high hopes as they keep pushing the second review dates.

I will try to contact the local MP, not sure what they can or can not do when it comes to immigration.
Well...Peruse the contents of the links below and you will notice that all they are looking for is completeness of your application (I think that is what they mean by eligibility assessment in the first place... and not a "final eligibility assessment" that determines the end result of your PR application):

R10: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-5.html#h-6
R12.01: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-6.html#docCont

I know this is all very stressful for all of us, but it is important to tell yourself not to worry about something that is not in your control!.

Have a happy new year and hope it brings much luck to all of us!

Cheers

anuj.stallion

Star Member
Aug 31, 2015
I just called call center & they said there is nothing that they can do.
16 months is just average processing time & it is taking them much longer to process applications due to high volume. So it seems July applicants will not finalized before April 2016.