+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July - 2014 Applications

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
I know there are few more people from July who got PPR along with me.. few i can remember are mpetry and cecpr i think..

Ice_prince77 said:
11. Ice_prince77 - App received: 21 Jul 2014; AOR: 23-Sep 2014; RPRF paid upfront with app. fee in Jul 2014; MR received: 24 Apr 2015; Decision Made: 24 jul 2015... Still waiting for PPR

Looks like Mesumrizvi is the only person on this list who received PPR lately... can everyone else on this list update current status please?

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mesumrizvi said:
I know there are few more people from July who got PPR along with me.. few i can remember are mpetry and cecpr i think..
I also got visa ready and sent my PP yesterday, hopefully we hear something soon

mahendraaaaa

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
AOR Received.
05-09-2014
Med's Request
01-10-2015
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
Passport Req..
18-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2015 (received 06-01-2016)
LANDED..........
10-01-2016 (received PR card 22-02-2016)
It has been 2 weeks since the person (Pranav417) who has a similar timeline with me got a PPR. And I am still here staring at ECAS page.

Ice_prince77

Sep 2, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Jul-2014
AOR Received.
23-Sep-2014
Med's Request
26-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
24-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
04-Jan-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
09-Feb-2016
tw said:
how are you in DM status for so long..... did you try calling CIC? this 4 months delay after decision made is probably the first i've seen/heard!
No idea why it is held up for so long. Called CIC 4 times since July and at all times they said "your file has been approved, we will send you the letter shortly". A note was added to my file in October and the response from the CIC to the note was as below:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is a popular program, and CIC received a high volume of CEC paper applications prior to the launch of Express Entry on January 1, 2015. These applications continue to be processed.

Processing time for people who applied to CEC is available on our website. This information is updated quarterly.

Please consult our website for posted processing times

We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within 6 months as this could delay your application.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum. In order to process requests efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests.

Regards,
"

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
Ice_prince77 said:
No idea why it is held up for so long. Called CIC 4 times since July and at all times they said "your file has been approved, we will send you the letter shortly". A note was added to my file in October and the response from the CIC to the note was as below:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is a popular program, and CIC received a high volume of CEC paper applications prior to the launch of Express Entry on January 1, 2015. These applications continue to be processed.

Processing time for people who applied to CEC is available on our website. This information is updated quarterly.

We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required. Please ensure when submitting documents that they are still valid and will not expire within 6 months as this could delay your application.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum. In order to process requests efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests.

Regards,
"
Whatever the volume would be, it is not going to be more than 8000 CAP. Won't they plan for processing this count.

If in case of issue, they would be changing atleast the processing time in website atleast we know that we are still in good state

franklin108

Nov 11, 2015

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Regards,
"

above bold line says everything ! !

one more thing, I called and asked about refugee , that It would hinder our processing , they said , both these departments work separately, so refugee has nothing to do with immigration,

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
franklin108 said:

one more thing, I called and asked about refugee , that It would hinder our processing , they said , both these departments work separately, so refugee has nothing to do with immigration, [/b]
but what about the workforce that they will be using to work on these refugee cases, so they can meet their goal of bringing in 25k of them by the end of this year "less than 2 months". hopefully, they complete background check/criminality check on all of them properly, the same proper way they are using to do ours "who are already in canada and have gone through these security checks once before entering the country" :mad:

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Pearl1 said:
but what about the workforce that they will be using to work on these refugee cases, so they can meet their goal of bringing in 25k of them by the end of this year "less than 2 months". hopefully, they complete background check/criminality check on all of them properly, the same proper way they are using to do ours "who are already in canada and have gone through these security checks once before entering the country" :mad:
The refugee files they are working on are not "brand new" applications that are given spontaneous priority. They had been filed long ago. It is the same they did a few years back.

franklin108

Nov 11, 2015
Pearl1 said:
I guess it is brand new files, its not like years back, because Syrian war has started in 2011 but, most of the refugee fleeing this year only(the # is quite high), if they are working on background check/criminality on our files from ages, I don't know how they will finish this in less than 7 weeks,

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
franklin108 said:
I guess it is brand new files, its not like years back, because Syrian war has started in 2011 but, most of the refugee fleeing this year only(the # is quite high), if they are working on background check/criminality on our files from ages, I don't know how they will finish this in less than 7 weeks,
It happens when it happens. This too shall pass. At least, we have the option to apply for a BOWP. Relax.

Ice_prince77

Sep 2, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Jul-2014
AOR Received.
23-Sep-2014
Med's Request
26-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
24-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
04-Jan-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
09-Feb-2016
OhWow said:
It happens when it happens. This too shall pass. At least, we have the option to apply for a BOWP. Relax.
I agree and wouldn't care much for when the PR will finally come to fruition... EXCEPT that BOWP renewal takes about 4+ months these days and one is screwed if they have a visa expiry date in the very near future and have emergency travel plans! (which sadly is my case).

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ice_prince77 said:
I agree and wouldn't care much for when the PR will finally come to fruition... EXCEPT that BOWP renewal takes about 4+ months these days and one is screwed if they have a visa expiry date in the very near future and have emergency travel plans! (which sadly is my case).
there have been improvements in WP processing times. it is reduced to 116 days now which is close to 4 months, but still better than before (used to be 145 days)

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
Pearl1 said:
there have been improvements in WP processing times. it is reduced to 116 days now which is close to 4 months, but still better than before (used to be 145 days)
Ugh.. mixed feelings about that - I was hoping to get PR in time to cancel my 2nd BOWP + SOWP :p