+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2013 Applicants Join here

CEC2311

Jul 18, 2014
Hello Fellow Applicants,

I applied under CEC 2311 category,they received my application on July 29, 2013 - AOR - Sept 30, 2013. Med Request - March 4, 2014, RPRF - March 10, 2014.

I have been following this forum since a long time and I would like to put forward my experience so far with DR. RICHARD CHAN.
I opted for Meds exam with DR. RICHARD CHAN on March 10th, He said my chest X-Ray shows some complication(possible T.B.) and booked an appointment with the TB Clinic. As I wasn't satisfied with his report, I requested CPP-O for a re-test on the X-Ray. They approved! I went back to DR. RICHARD CHAN on Apr 1st(as he was on vacation) and requested another Chest X-Ray, to which he was reluctant till I showed him the confirmation e-mail from CPP-O. Finally he said yes and on Apr 4th, he called me to inform that my X-RAY IS NORMAL AND HE WILL CANCEL THE APPOINTMENT WITH THE TB CLINIC AND UPDATE MY FILE. I was happy!, and then the wait started until July 14th when I received a letter from Health Dept that I need to see DR. RICHARD CHAN for more tests!!! So I rushed to him to ask what is this about, while going through my e-medical file, he said "OH! THE RADIOLOGIST NEVER UPDATED YOUR LATEST X-RAY REPORT ON E-MEDICAL" I was SHOCKED, and told him this is a mistake on his part, to which he said, I did forward your latest X-Ray to Wendy Mark - Health Coordinator in Apr. But he said THE RADIOLOGIST SHOULD HAVE UPLOADED MY X-RAY REGARDLESS. Then I went to THE RADIOLOGIST to inquire, the Receptionist said that DR. RICHARD CHAN did not instruct to upload it and for any problems, please contact DR. RICHARD CHAN.
Anyway, after that he gave me instructions for Sputum Test(3 day course) and a paper to be handed over to the CLINIC for tests, and TODAY TO MY SURPRISE, THE CLINIC CLERK SAID THEY CANNOT DO THE TEST AS THE PAPER DOES NOT HAVE AN INSTRUCTION - WHAT KIND OF TEST, ALSO IT HAS NO SIGNATURES OF DR. RICHARD CHAN TO PROCEED! Apparently, he forgot to put that info too, and is on VACATION AGAIN TILL JULY 29!
I AM WAITING SINCE 5 MONTHS BECAUSE OF DR. RICHARD CHAN'S MISTAKE AND THE WORST PART IS, THE TEST TAKE 8 WEEKS TO GET THE RESULTS--- ONLY AFTER THEY START THE TEST!
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO GO TO DR. RICHARD CHAN AS IT CAN BE A DISASTER FROM WAITING 7 DAYS FOR PR TO OVER 7 MONTHS!

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD............

bmp7519

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/07/2013
LANDED..........
15/07/2014
bold9k said:
Guys i got my COPR but I am hearing Conflicting reports

Some say go to Niagra falls for a flagpole others are saying that Niagara falls doesn't do Flag poling any more and that they are referring people to the CIC offices. I cant for the life of me find which one is accurate.
I did landing at Niagara falls this Wednesday evening..hence, no issues and you can go..

CECapplicantXX

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed Recived on 11-07-2013
IELTS Request
Included with App
my status just changed to Decision Made :)

we are so excited we have been waiting for this for a while now - our medical was uploaded on March 28.

How long does it usually take between "decision made" and the "PPR" email ?

CECapplicantXX

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Included with App
CEC2311 said:
Hello Fellow Applicants,

I applied under CEC 2311 category,they received my application on July 29, 2013 - AOR - Sept 30, 2013. Med Request - March 4, 2014, RPRF - March 10, 2014.

I have been following this forum since a long time and I would like to put forward my experience so far with DR. RICHARD CHAN.
I opted for Meds exam with DR. RICHARD CHAN on March 10th, He said my chest X-Ray shows some complication(possible T.B.) and booked an appointment with the TB Clinic. As I wasn't satisfied with his report, I requested CPP-O for a re-test on the X-Ray. They approved! I went back to DR. RICHARD CHAN on Apr 1st(as he was on vacation) and requested another Chest X-Ray, to which he was reluctant till I showed him the confirmation e-mail from CPP-O. Finally he said yes and on Apr 4th, he called me to inform that my X-RAY IS NORMAL AND HE WILL CANCEL THE APPOINTMENT WITH THE TB CLINIC AND UPDATE MY FILE. I was happy!, and then the wait started until July 14th when I received a letter from Health Dept that I need to see DR. RICHARD CHAN for more tests!!! So I rushed to him to ask what is this about, while going through my e-medical file, he said "OH! THE RADIOLOGIST NEVER UPDATED YOUR LATEST X-RAY REPORT ON E-MEDICAL" I was SHOCKED, and told him this is a mistake on his part, to which he said, I did forward your latest X-Ray to Wendy Mark - Health Coordinator in Apr. But he said THE RADIOLOGIST SHOULD HAVE UPLOADED MY X-RAY REGARDLESS. Then I went to THE RADIOLOGIST to inquire, the Receptionist said that DR. RICHARD CHAN did not instruct to upload it and for any problems, please contact DR. RICHARD CHAN.
Anyway, after that he gave me instructions for Sputum Test(3 day course) and a paper to be handed over to the CLINIC for tests, and TODAY TO MY SURPRISE, THE CLINIC CLERK SAID THEY CANNOT DO THE TEST AS THE PAPER DOES NOT HAVE AN INSTRUCTION - WHAT KIND OF TEST, ALSO IT HAS NO SIGNATURES OF DR. RICHARD CHAN TO PROCEED! Apparently, he forgot to put that info too, and is on VACATION AGAIN TILL JULY 29!
I AM WAITING SINCE 5 MONTHS BECAUSE OF DR. RICHARD CHAN'S MISTAKE AND THE WORST PART IS, THE TEST TAKE 8 WEEKS TO GET THE RESULTS--- ONLY AFTER THEY START THE TEST!
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO GO TO DR. RICHARD CHAN AS IT CAN BE A DISASTER FROM WAITING 7 DAYS FOR PR TO OVER 7 MONTHS!

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD............
So sorry for the bad experience you have been through :( ... i hope things work out for u eventually ...

CECapplicantXX

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Included with App
bmp7519 said:
I did landing at Niagara falls this Wednesday evening..hence, no issues and you can go..
wen did you receive your PPR email??

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
CEC2311 said:
Hello Fellow Applicants,

I opted for Meds exam with DR. RICHARD CHAN on March 10th, He said my chest X-Ray shows some complication(possible T.B.) and booked an appointment with the TB Clinic. As I wasn't satisfied with his report, I requested CPP-O for a re-test on the X-Ray. They approved! I went back to DR. RICHARD CHAN on Apr 1st(as he was on vacation) and requested another Chest X-Ray, to which he was reluctant till I showed him the confirmation e-mail from CPP-O. Finally he said yes and on Apr 4th, he called me to inform that my X-RAY IS NORMAL AND HE WILL CANCEL THE APPOINTMENT WITH THE TB CLINIC AND UPDATE MY FILE. I was happy!,
Well let's make it simple here: If the re-test x-ray is normal, you just need the new results updated on E-medical, right? CIC didn't get the update so they requested more tests, so once the new results are in the system, even if they are delayed, no more test should be needed...

PS I didn't know you can require a re-test if you are not happy with the results. Usually the doctor can require a re-test to make sure something suspicious is really there..

bmp7519

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/07/2013
LANDED..........
15/07/2014
ZingyDNA said:
Well let's make it simple here: If the re-test x-ray is normal, you just need the new results updated on E-medical, right? CIC didn't get the update so they requested more tests, so once the new results are in the system, even if they are delayed, no more test should be needed...

PS I didn't know you can require a re-test if you are not happy with the results. Usually the doctor can require a re-test to make sure something suspicious is really there..
Hi,

This happened with me. My first chest x ray showed some spot in the left lung suggesting possible pneumonia or TB and doctor called me and did the x ray again in span of two days. 2nd report was completely normal and he sent both reports to cic, as this was e meds( no option for not sending the first one). he informed me that everything will be fine but this will act like a speed bump with my PR process. CIC took 120 days after my meds upload for decision.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
bmp7519 said:
Hi,

This happened with me. My first chest x ray showed some spot in the left lung suggesting possible pneumonia or TB and doctor called me and did the x ray again in span of two days. 2nd report was completely normal and he sent both reports to cic, as this was e meds( no option for not sending the first one). he informed me that everything will be fine but this will act like a speed bump with my PR process. CIC took 120 days after my meds upload for decision.
Yeah this is what I thought should happen. Your doctor did a good job updating e-Medical with your new results. :)

CEC2311

Jul 18, 2014
ZingyDNA said:

Well, the thing is, the Dr did not do his job right 4 months ago! now I will have to wait another 2 months (as the test takes 8 weeks for the results) + the time CEC will take to process my application.
Now, yes if they get the New results done on April 4th, I might not have to wait that long.

Normally CEC doesnot respond to any requests for re-test. My doc was not helpful so I had to knock CEC doors.

CEC2311

Jul 18, 2014
bmp7519 said:
Hi,

At least your doctor was helpful!

Dr Chan said its a NEW CONCEPT for him of re-test?!?

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
CEC2311 said:
Well, the thing is, the Dr did not do his job right 4 months ago! now I will have to wait another 2 months (as the test takes 8 weeks for the results) + the time CEC will take to process my application.
Now, yes if they get the New results done on April 4th, I might not have to wait that long.

Normally CEC doesnot respond to any requests for re-test. My doc was not helpful so I had to knock CEC doors.
Has your "new" result from the re-test 4 months ago got uploaded to e-Medical? That result is normal (no TB), right? You don't need any more tests if that's uploaded, unless I'm missing something here...

CEC2311

Jul 18, 2014
ZingyDNA said:
Has your "new" result from the re-test 4 months ago got uploaded to e-Medical? That result is normal (no TB), right? You don't need any more tests if that's uploaded, unless I'm missing something here...
I send a letter to CEC with proofs of both the tests.

They updated my file - Meds Received, and told the Doc to inform me that I don't need to do anymore tests.

So I am not sure if its updated or not but they have the results for sure!

CEC2311

Jul 18, 2014
bmp7519 said:
Hi,

Hey bmp7519,

Did CIC ask you to do any more medical exams or any follow ups with TB clinics?

When did they update Meds Received and Decision made?

bmp7519

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/07/2013
LANDED..........
15/07/2014
CEC2311 said:
Hey bmp7519,

Did CIC ask you to do any more medical exams or any follow ups with TB clinics?

When did they update Meds Received and Decision made?
Hi,

CIC did not asked for any further tests( though i was expecting the same), my doctor did two x rays and sent both reports, this might be the reason why cic didn't asked.

it took almost ~120 days for my ECAS update for medicals received and another 3 days for DM update. I did asked CIC via email, for confirmation of medical receipt and why the delay and they replied confirming about medicals received and mentioned that my medical is under review by their medical department. Once review completes, there will be update on ECAS about medicals received.

THese things are frustrating and i can understand the pain. But other than waiting, nothing can be done.