Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
cempjwi said:
That is very unsettling way of looking at it :eek: primarily because as a canadian citizen/resident no one (not even CIC) should consider your spouse's place of origin/birth/residence politically better or worse than your neighbor's.

But as you say, it is what it is...
I agree it should not be like that.
However, there are always reasons behind timelines.
If everything was fair, if every country was in peace with the others, and if there was no economic/political/military reason to prefer some countries over others, all timelines would be the same =) =)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
wongchild said:
Thanks for the replies. I did not know the complete details when I applied under this category and I thought we fit the criteria when I read it. Since then, I have read a similar cases being very difficult to prove. I thought that CIC would become more suspicious if we got married suddenly. It's a tough decision to make and to know what an officer is thinking. My BF's dad was terminally ill for the past year. My Bf had to leave his job to take care of him. I visited Albania in Sept and his dad died. I guess a wedding was not appropriate during this time.

I guess I will leave it in the hands of Rome and God because the app has been filed and someone has to be in the 1%. I will be optimistic and I wish all of you the best and thanks for your opinions and support.

Brenda :) Good luck to all !!
Hey Brenda,

You might want to consider getting married, actually, or at least prepare for that. Because as the others have said, the VO will probably ask why you didn't get married. And even if I can understand your reasons (as a human being, of course I can see why it was not the right moment to get married), it might not be enough for the VO, as there is no "legal reason" preventing you from getting married.

There was a recent case explained here where the applicant was asked by the VO why she didn't marry (she had no legal obstacles), and the discussion went on for quite a while - but most senior members were actually advising the person to get married, and send an update to the VO, with all the documents... if you're married your application will be much easier, instead of risking to be refused... so - I'm not saying that you should get married tomorrow, but you might want to start discussing with your partner and seeing how it is feasible. So if/when asked by the VO, you could answer that indeed you were not married, and you thought conjugal was the way to go, but now that some time has passed from the death of your father-in-law, you got married ( or are planning to do so etc). I'm not sure how it works to "re-qualify" the application from conjugal to married, but I think it's worth thinking about it.
Good luck in your process,
Sweden

bobcanada

Jul 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Jul-2012
File Transfer...
20-Sept-2012
Med's Done....
21-May-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-Jan-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 19-Jan-2013. Waiting visa.
Hi, Bagelbagel81,

My case in Beijing is in process on Nov 14, pls update the spreadsheet. Thanks.

Mike00

Jun 20, 2012
hey guys, I'm almost out of nails to bite hahaha my application was submitted by a lawyer on july 23rd, sadly he didn't want to give me the application number so i wouldn't stress my self more than i already am, I'm applying under dependent children, my dad is a canadia citizen and I'm 21, neither my dad nor i have the application number :'( and i have no clue how my case is going, he applied directly in cpc-m! with your experience how do you guys think my application is going, the only good thing is my lawyer has told us that we haven't been denied or rejected, but that there are no news about my PR, please help!! :p and thanx a looooot

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Mike00 said:
hey guys, I'm almost out of nails to bite hahaha my application was submitted by a lawyer on july 23rd, sadly he didn't want to give me the application number so i wouldn't stress my self more than i already am, I'm applying under dependent children, my dad is a canadia citizen and I'm 21, neither my dad nor i have the application number :'( and i have no clue how my case is going, he applied directly in cpc-m! with your experience how do you guys think my application is going, the only good thing is my lawyer has told us that we haven't been denied or rejected, but that there are no news about my PR, please help!! :p and thanx a looooot
Odd, I thought lawyers were paid by clients not the other way around. Other than to add suspense and to justify the fees they charge for a process that usually does not require one there is no reason why your lawyer should withhold your UCI so you can check your application status online. If you live outside Canada your application most likely already went through sponsorship approval based on the date you applied so if your lawyer has said that you were not denied it is very likely that sponsorship by your father was approved. Now, depending on where you live, CIC sends your application to a visa office abroad and wait times vary considerably, between 7 and 27 months to complete the application.

Here are the wait times, look for the visa office that corresponds to your place of residence.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Good luck to you.

motorcyclerider

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Taipei
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/25/2012
AOR Received.
10/5/2012 - AOR 2: 10/22/2012
File Transfer...
10/14/2012
Med's Done....
7/17/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11/8/2012
VISA ISSUED...
11/23/2012
LANDED..........
Spring 2013
Huh? He is withholding something that is essentially yours. What kind of BS is this? This is exactly why I didn't use a representative. The whole process is already nerve wracking alone, then you add on having to deal with a middleman. I feel for you. I would firmly demand that your lawyer at least give you your UCI number, that is yours, and will be yours in the future.

Mike00

Jun 20, 2012
hey guys thnx a lot, i just sent an email to the lawyer requesting my UCI, I'm planning on visiting my father for xmas and new year, will there be any problems when I'm entering canada? I'm not planing to stay there for good or anything, have any of you visited while undergoing? thnx a lot again guys, you keep my nerves a tiiiiny itty bitty down ;D

motorcyclerider

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Taipei
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/25/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
10/14/2012
Med's Done....
7/17/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11/8/2012
VISA ISSUED...
11/23/2012
LANDED..........
Spring 2013
Don't see why it would be a problem. Are you from visa exempt country?

Mike00

Jun 20, 2012
no, venezuela requires a visa to enter canada, but i also have european (german) citizenship, i can enter with that passport

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Mike00 said:
no, venezuela requires a visa to enter canada, but i also have european (german) citizenship, i can enter with that passport
Dang! You application will take a long time to process as the Caracas VO takes about 22 months (if you are in Venezuela, that is). I am from Venezuela but I live in the US so my application is being processed in Ottawa (thankfully!)

almostsean1

Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/July/2012
AOR Received.
23/August/2012
File Transfer...
28/August/2012
Med's Done....
06/July/2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2013
LANDED..........
19/03/2013
Congratulations to everyone who is moving along in their process.

I have just found out that Stage 2 has gone to IN PROCESS at my VO. Still a long wait ahead but nice to know that its being looked at.

Good luck and patience to everyone else

Sean

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
ananias said:
Hello

I'm a July applicant as well. I am Canadian, and my husband is Brazilian

Our file was received in Mississauga July 19, 2012, and the sponsorship was approved August 29th. It was sent to the Paris visa office, as my husband is residing in Portugal. He was asked to redo his medicals, as they were expiring very soon. I'm hoping for my husband to get his PR very fast, but I fear now the process will be longer now that he has to redo his medicals. In addition, I'm a little worried, that they may ask for him to redo his criminal checks, as they expired, and it takes such a long process, since all the documents are in Portuguese, then they have to be translated, and then they have to go to the notary. Hoping for the best, and wishing you all a speedy approval!
Hi ananias - Welcome to the July thread! I have added you to the spreadsheet.

Hoping your husband's application process goes smoothly!

On another note, my boyfriend proposed to me earlier this week, so I am now engaged! Wooohooooo! Happy Days :D

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
almostsean1 said:
Congratulations to everyone who is moving along in their process.

I have just found out that Stage 2 has gone to IN PROCESS at my VO. Still a long wait ahead but nice to know that its being looked at.

Good luck and patience to everyone else

Sean
Great news, almostsean- I have updated the spreadsheet :)

motorcyclerider

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Taipei
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/25/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
10/14/2012
Med's Done....
7/17/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11/8/2012
VISA ISSUED...
11/23/2012
LANDED..........
Spring 2013
Nice to see things moving along for you almostsean. And a big congrats, bagelbagel. Such an exciting time for you.