Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
03-10-2012
Thanks for the replies. I did not know the complete details when I applied under this category and I thought we fit the criteria when I read it. Since then, I have read a similar cases being very difficult to prove. I thought that CIC would become more suspicious if we got married suddenly. It's a tough decision to make and to know what an officer is thinking. My BF's dad was terminally ill for the past year. My Bf had to leave his job to take care of him. I visited Albania in Sept and his dad died. I guess a wedding was not appropriate during this time.

I guess I will leave it in the hands of Rome and God because the app has been filed and someone has to be in the 1%. I will be optimistic and I wish all of you the best and thanks for your opinions and support.

Brenda :) Good luck to all !!

R151NG5UN said:
Hey,

Sorry to expand on the previous post but it is worth noting that Conjugal at best has about a 2%-3% success rate, I don't believe your circumstances lets you qualify for Conjugal partnership. CIC are really tough with this application, inconvenience is not considered an excuse i.e if moving to Canada means your spouse has to give up a job or if 1 of you has a child and it is difficult to come overseas and get married. CIC will look at your application and ask some of the follow questions. Can you and your partner get married in another country (anywhere in Europe?) Can you marry in your spouses home country? (if travelling with your son in inconvenient, this will not be considered a barrier). Conjugal is more for instance people who were orginally married in the Phillipines and their relationship turned sour and under their country's law they can't get a divorce. Therefore they could not remarry a Canadian PR/Citizen because their country would not grant divorce. That by CIC is considered a major obstacle not an inconvenience.

As for the sponsorship as mentioned the sponsorship is only in regards in to can you financially provide for your partner. Relationship validity and your story and relationship status all gets reviewed at the Applicant's VO. I am really sorry but this application has about a 0.001 % chance of success.

Waiting_Eyes

Nov 17, 2012
Kabul, Afghanistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2012
File Transfer...
Sept 2012
Med's Request
June 2013
Med's Done....
Re-Med Jun 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah
Rob_TO said:
In general, if you (the APPLICANT) can see an update in ECAS that your app for PR has been received, it means your wife (the SPONSOR) has been approved as a sponsor and the Mississauga office has already transferred your file to the visa processing office (in your case Islamabad), and they have successfully received it.

Didn't your wife get a confirmation letter that she was approved as a sponsor?
Yes my wife got a letter from MISSISSAUGA office and it says that the file has been transferred but reading many posts on this forum I am not sure if my file actually been transferred to Islamabad office or not :(
So do I have long way to go? :(

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Waiting_Eyes said:
Yes my wife got a letter from MISSISSAUGA office and it says that the file has been transferred but reading many posts on this forum I am not sure if my file actually been transferred to Islamabad office or not :(
When Mississauga transfers the package to an overseas office, the other office will receive it but then your app could end up sitting in a big pile of other apps and not even be opened. They may not actually send you an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) until some time later when they actually open your application and it's assigned to a VO. In some cases no AOR is ever sent, even though the application is being worked on.

Every Visa office is different so times can be all over the place... from months to years. Your best bet is to search for the thread here that talks just about your particular visa office, and see what other peoples experiences are. Good luck!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Waiting_Eyes said:
From your post it sounds like your file has been Transferred from Mississauga and on to Islamabad. I also assume the you are a Pakistan Citizen. Unfortunately Pakistan does have 1 of the longest wait of all the VO's. You might want to refer to the CIC website but anything going through Islamabad is probably going to experience a long processing time

I wish you the best of luck :D

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Has anyone that applied in July 2012 and from an area OUTSIDE ASIA received notification of anything else other than sponsorship approval?

lioha

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cempjwi said:
Has anyone that applied in July 2012 and from an area OUTSIDE ASIA received notification of anything else other than sponsorship approval?
Yes, my wife is applying through the Warsaw Visa Office in Europe and we got communication from them. I suggest you check the July spreadsheet to see who got communications from the Visa Offices.

Diamondude357

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Alberta
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
Doc's Request.
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
21-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-06-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
06-02-2013
We just received an E-mail(1 hour ago) from Mexico City requiring an SSP (security check) which we already ordered through that very same embassy, an Updated IMM5669 as they want history from the time my wife was 18 and not just the last 10 years in Section 8, along with another notarized consent letter from my step sons dad with a copy of his ID showing photograph and signature. This seems to be an AOR if I'm not mistaken. ;D I'm happy, at least they got the file and they're looking at it.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Diamondude357 said:
We just received an E-mail(1 hour ago) from Mexico City requiring an SSP (security check) which we already ordered through that very same embassy, an Updated IMM5669 as they want history from the time my wife was 18 and not just the last 10 years in Section 8, along with another notarized consent letter from my step sons dad with a copy of his ID showing photograph and signature. This seems to be an AOR if I'm not mistaken. ;D I'm happy, at least they got the file and they're looking at it.
Great news, Diamond Dude! A shame you have to resubmit extra documents that you have already done previously, but it does mean they are looking at your file and are on the right track! I have updated the spreadsheet :)

zajirima

Nov 8, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2012
I'm a July 2012 applicant as well. Here are the details:

- I am dual U.S./Canadaian citizen; wife is U.S. citizen; 3 kids are dual citizens as well
- Applied for PR for wife via outland process even though we are all currently residing in Canada; wife is on visitor status
- July 18, 2012: PR file received by CPP-Ottawa
- Aug 28, 2012: Sponsorship approved
- Waiting for PR process to complete

Checking processing times at CIC website, looks like CPP-Ottawa cases taking 12 months to process.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
zajirima said:
I'm a July 2012 applicant as well. Here are the details:

- I am dual U.S./Canadaian citizen; wife is U.S. citizen; 3 kids are dual citizens as well
- Applied for PR for wife via outland process even though we are all currently residing in Canada; wife is on visitor status
- July 18, 2012: PR file received by CPP-Ottawa
- Aug 28, 2012: Sponsorship approved
- Waiting for PR process to complete

Checking processing times at CIC website, looks like CPP-Ottawa cases taking 12 months to process.
Welcome, zajirima. I have added you to the spreadsheet. Hopefully your seconds stage is under the specified 12 months processing time!

Diamondude357

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Alberta
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
Doc's Request.
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
21-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-06-2012
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
06-02-2013

ananias

Nov 16, 2012
Hello

I'm a July applicant as well. I am Canadian, and my husband is Brazilian

Our file was received in Mississauga July 19, 2012, and the sponsorship was approved August 29th. It was sent to the Paris visa office, as my husband is residing in Portugal. He was asked to redo his medicals, as they were expiring very soon. I'm hoping for my husband to get his PR very fast, but I fear now the process will be longer now that he has to redo his medicals. In addition, I'm a little worried, that they may ask for him to redo his criminal checks, as they expired, and it takes such a long process, since all the documents are in Portuguese, then they have to be translated, and then they have to go to the notary. Hoping for the best, and wishing you all a speedy approval!

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
lioha said:
Yes, my wife is applying through the Warsaw Visa Office in Europe and we got communication from them. I suggest you check the July spreadsheet to see who got communications from the Visa Offices.
I have checked the spreadsheets. The reason I asked is because it appears that a large number of outland applications comes mostly from India and the Philippines and yet cases in India seem to be the ones to move along the quickest. I recognize however that the number of applicants from those countries may be only apparent to this site (or on other sites such as trackitt.com) and may not be a true representation of the percentage of applications they submit, but what seems apparent is that processing times are generally shorter in some places (especially in India) compared to others, and I am just wondering why that is the case. What I am trying to say is that, shouldn't CIC try to balance the load in a manner that all regions/areas of the world get similar processing times? I understand that in many places some portions of the process may take longer to be verified (such as criminal backgrounds and other supplemental information) but a whole year difference or more seems a bit off the charts to me.

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
cempjwi said:
I have checked the spreadsheets. The reason I asked is because it appears that a large number of outland applications comes mostly from India and the Philippines and yet cases in India seem to be the ones to move along the quickest. I recognize however that the number of applicants from those countries may be only apparent to this site (or on other sites such as trackitt.com) and may not be a true representation of the percentage of applications they submit, but what seems apparent is that processing times are generally shorter in some places (especially in India) compared to others, and I am just wondering why that is the case. What I am trying to say is that, shouldn't CIC try to balance the load in a manner that all regions/areas of the world get similar processing times? I understand that in many places some portions of the process may take longer to be verified (such as criminal backgrounds and other supplemental information) but a whole year difference or more seems a bit off the charts to me.
There are political reasons behind all these processing times ;)
And it is the same in pretty much any country. There are always reasons behind these numbers.
It is not "fair" but it is the way it is

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
frenchie57 said:
There are political reasons behind all these processing times ;)
That is very unsettling way of looking at it :eek: primarily because as a canadian citizen/resident no one (not even CIC) should consider your spouse's place of origin/birth/residence politically better or worse than your neighbor's.

But as you say, it is what it is...