+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 1ST 2012 (MI5) CIO APPLICANTS PLEASE LET US CONNECT HERE

ragini

Feb 3, 2012
Cool_5 said:
Do you think it is true. It might be the case that as there cap was reached for July 2011, and as of today they are only taking arrangement letter and PHD applications so only these two options are available.
They might update on July 1 by adding NOC in it..

What are your thoughts guys?
Might be true !!! they just cant do that in ONE DAY....this big change takes time and 1 july is just around the corner. But look here
what they have written
Complete Federal Skilled Worker applications received by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) on or after July 1, 2012, will be placed into processing if they meet the criteria in one of the two categories described below.
If you do not meet the eligibility criteria in either of the two categories, do not submit an application as a Federal Skilled Worker at this time. but the hope is
"Also check our website regularly for changes in the criteria."........so may be they add in next two days. they are just delaying new NOC as of now as people dont post earlier than 1 july...

badalpharm

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-02-2015
ragini said:
Might be true !!! they just cant do that in ONE DAY....this big change takes time and 1 july is just around the corner. But look here
what they have written
Complete Federal Skilled Worker applications received by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) on or after July 1, 2012, will be placed into processing if they meet the criteria in one of the two categories described below.
If you do not meet the eligibility criteria in either of the two categories, do not submit an application as a Federal Skilled Worker at this time. but the hope is
"Also check our website regularly for changes in the criteria."........so may be they add in next two days. they are just delaying new NOC as of now as people dont post earlier than 1 july...
This is from guide.

Am I eligible?

Important information
Application category

Choose the Category in the table below which corresponds to your situation. This chart describes the two categories available to you.

Category 1

You have an offer of arranged employment in Canada. The employment offer should:

be in writing,
be indeterminate in duration, and
meet the arranged employment described in this guide.
Category 2

You are an international student currently enrolled in a doctoral (PhD) program, delivered by a recognized post-secondary educational institution located in Canada, and:

have completed at least two years towards the completion of your PhD,
are in good academic standing, and
are not a recipient of a Government of Canada award requiring you to return to your home country to apply your knowledge and skills,
OR

you have completed a PhD program from a recognized post-secondary educational institution located in Canada no more than 12 months before your application is received by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) and:

you have not received a Government of Canada award that requires you to return to your home country to apply your knowledge and skills; or
if you were a recipient of such an award, you have satisfied the terms/conditions of the award.

adina111

Jun 13, 2012
I think that it is even more clear if you read the Step 4: Mail the application... only those 2 categories are there ( offer & PhD) :mad:

ragini

Feb 3, 2012
adina111 said:
I think that it is even more clear if you read the Step 4: Mail the application... only those 2 categories are there ( offer & PhD) :mad:
"or by courier for all catagory"....if they have two category, why they are writing ALL. they are pretty confusing, if they are putting up the half updated information.

Mycoweatsgrass

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 27, 2012; Recieved: TBA
Nomination.....
Twice...once for noble prize in googlin!!!, second for noble prize in 'Interesting' mathematics!!!!!!
IELTS Request
ragini said:
what they have written
But it says on or after July 1st......

Either ways nothing is clear untill next update

badalpharm

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-02-2015
ragini said:
"or by courier for all catagory"....if they have two category, why they are writing ALL. they are pretty confusing, if they are putting up the half updated information.
Ragini I can understand that this is a bad news and you all are frustrated.

But accept the truth and go ahead.
If you are still in India or you are in Canada, you have lot of other options, PNP and QSW.

Best of luck

cnonline

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on May 23, 2013. Received by CIC on May 28, 2013
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Aug 16, 2013 (@ time of PER)
Med's Request
Nov 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 23, 2013. PP sent on Dec 30, 2013, received by CPPO on Jan 6, 2014.
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2013 --- Valid until Dec 5, 2014.
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014
BREAKING NEWS

It appears that the Canada government is going to put a pause on the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) 2012-13 applications. The news indicate that the new NOC listing would NOT show up on July 1, 2012. :eek:

I do not think so that the decision has been made yet. Hopefully the NOC listing shows up on July 1st. Crossing fingers. Modify the links below in your browser to get to it, I am not allowed to put up links.

http: // www . canada . com/business/Feds+putting+freeze+skilled+worker+immigrant+investor+programs/6850692/story.html

http: // news . visato . com/canada/canada-immigration/canada-freeze-skilled-worker-investor-immigration/20120628/

Please respond if I have interpreted wrong.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
cnonline said:
BREAKING NEWS

It appears that the Canada government is going to put a pause on the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) 2012-13 applications. The news indicate that the new NOC listing would NOT show up on July 1, 2012. :eek:

I do not think so that the decision has been made yet. Hopefully the NOC listing shows up on July 1st. Crossing fingers. Modify the links below in your browser to get to it, I am not allowed to put up links.

http: // www . canada . com/business/Feds+putting+freeze+skilled+worker+immigrant+investor+programs/6850692/story.html

http: // news . visato . com/canada/canada-immigration/canada-freeze-skilled-worker-investor-immigration/20120628/

Please respond if I have interpreted wrong.
This has been confirmed on the CIC website:

Am I eligible?

Important information
Application category

Choose the Category in the table below which corresponds to your situation. This chart describes the two categories available to you.

Category 1

You have an offer of arranged employment in Canada. The employment offer should:

be in writing, be indeterminate in duration, and meet the arranged employment described in this guide.

Category 2

You are an international student currently enrolled in a doctoral (PhD) program, delivered by a recognized post-secondary educational institution located in Canada, and:

have completed at least two years towards the completion of your PhD, are in good academic standing, and are not a recipient of a Government of Canada award requiring you to return to your home country to apply your knowledge and skills,

OR

you have completed a PhD program from a recognized post-secondary educational institution located in Canada no more than 12 months before your application is received by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) and:

you have not received a Government of Canada award that requires you to return to your home country to apply your knowledge and skills; or
if you were a recipient of such an award, you have satisfied the terms/conditions of the award.

Sorry for all those who were expecting to apply in July.

ragini

Feb 3, 2012
badalpharm said:
Ragini I can understand that this is a bad news and you all are frustrated.

But accept the truth and go ahead.
If you are still in India or you are in Canada, you have lot of other options, PNP and QSW.

Best of luck
Dear badal,
i was a student for one year and had one year work permitt, was very easy to get canadian work exp, or saskatchewan program etc etc etc....but i had to come back to India....hahaha. three chances missed.....i am not frustrated, infact i want to look for other openings !! lets see, what up next !! can't afford getting frustrated dear.

adina111

Jun 13, 2012
ragini said:
I also thought that ALL is confusing, but take a look at what they write IN that label :
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Arranged Employment category or PhD category
Centralized Intake Office

so I think it is reffering also to those 2 categories :(

badalpharm

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-02-2015
ragini said:
Dear badal,
i was a student for one year and had one year work permitt, was very easy to get canadian work exp, or saskatchewan program etc etc etc....but i had to come back to India....hahaha. three chances missed.....i am not frustrated, infact i want to look for other openings !! lets see, what up next !! can't afford getting frustrated dear.
If you have Canadian diploma and exp, why cant you try for QSW.

I think CEC require two years of study, so QSW should be better option.

Nice to hear that you are not frustrated :)

Best of Luck

ragini

Feb 3, 2012
badalpharm said:
If you have Canadian diploma and exp, why cant you try for QSW.

I think CEC require two years of study, so QSW should be better option.

Nice to hear that you are not frustrated :)

Best of Luck
Yes CIC need two years study but mine was one year course. But i had got one year work experiance which could have made me eligible for immigration !! how about you

nish

Jan 10, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
About to apply.
GAME IS OVER guys, i respect optimism and hope but the same repeated last year when many of us didnt wanted to believe that the caps was full on 8th july.

My application is already on way to CIC, but for no use. Tomorrow morning rest of the things will be cleared.

Dreams Shattered !!! But Courage Alive...

badalpharm

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-02-2015
ragini said:
Yes CIC need two years study but mine was one year course. But i had got one year work experiance which could have made me eligible for immigration !! how about you
I am doing PhD in Canada. One year completed. My wife is here, and she has done two year course here and working in NOC category B job.

We are planning to apply from her side as she have job offer and other benefit.

I was waiting for new rules only.

ragini

Feb 3, 2012
badalpharm said:
I am doing PhD in Canada. One year completed. My wife is here, and she has done two year course here and working in NOC category B job.

We are planning to apply from her side as she have job offer and other benefit.

I was waiting for new rules only.
why you are waiting if you can apply now under catagory 1? canadian changing now on weekly basis ;D.. Nice to know you are into PhD. Which province and field you are doing phd??