Hyderabad, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2012 & Feb 28 (Returned due to CAP reached)
Saskatoon, April 11, 2012 — The Government of Canada is strengthening its partnership with employers to ensure the economic immigration program better meets the needs of Canada’s economy, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today at a roundtable discussion with Saskatoon employers.

The Government is building a fast and flexible economic immigration system that focuses on finding people who have the skills and experience required to meet Canada’s economic needs. The development and delivery of a modernized, efficient economic program will rely on partner engagement and – in particular – a greater role for employers. The Government is working to better understand employers’ challenges, their workforce planning, hiring and recruitment practices, and the circumstances in which they use the immigration system. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) also wants to hear from employers in specific areas where changes are proposed to its programs.

“Economic growth and job creation remain the top priorities for our Government,” said Minister Kenney. “Labour shortages are becoming a growing problem in many regions, and this is particularly true in this part of the country. Our Government wants to make it easier for employers to hire permanent or temporary foreign workers when no Canadians are able to fill a position, and we want to involve employers in immigrant selection.”

Today’s roundtable is part of a series of meetings to consult with employers – who have first-hand knowledge of the economic impacts of Canada’s immigration policies – on how they can be more involved in immigrant selection, and to update them on work the Department has under way. Previous sessions with senior CIC officials have taken place in Halifax, Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal, St. John’s and southern Saskatchewan. Minister Kenney will also meet with employers in Halifax next week.

The Government has already undertaken some initiatives to make the immigration system more responsive to the needs of employers. For instance, the Department processes federal skilled worker applications with a qualifying job offer on a priority basis. CIC also recently redesigned its website to include a new section to guide employers to the most suitable programs for hiring permanent and temporary foreign workers. The new section of the website builds on the success of other online tools for employers, such as the Employer’s Roadmap.

“We want to go from a passive immigration system to an active system where Canadian employers are actively recruiting people in the international labour market from abroad,” said Minister Kenney.

During the meeting, Minister Kenney also outlined several important Economic Action Plan 2012 commitments to the immigration system. These include:

•Realigning the Temporary Foreign Worker Program to better meet labour market demands;
•Supporting further improvements to foreign credential recognition and identifying the next set of target occupations beyond 2012;
•Moving to an increasingly fast and flexible immigration system where priority focus is on meeting Canada’s labour market needs; and
•Returning applications and fees to certain federal skilled worker applicants who have been waiting for processing to be completed.

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
London, April 17, 2012 — The Government of Canada is taking concrete steps to realize its vision of an immigration system that actively recruits talent rather than passively receives and processes all applications, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

“As the Prime Minister has stated, the Government of Canada is committed to making economic and labour force needs the central focus of our immigration efforts,” said Minister Jason Kenney. “We have already begun the groundwork and will be building on this foundation in the months ahead to ensure our long-term economic success.”

As outlined in the Government's Economic Action Plan 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will work with provinces, territories, and employers to create a pool of skilled workers who are ready to begin employment in Canada.

“We are making transformational changes to Canada's immigration system,” said Minister Kenney. “We want a system that is faster, more flexible – a system that attracts younger people who can help grow our economy the minute they arrive in Canada.”

CIC has announced that it is already taking proactive steps towards building a fast and flexible immigration system that meets Canada's economic needs. For example, the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) points system will be reformed to reflect the importance of younger immigrants with Canadian work experience and better official language skills. Furthermore, CIC will strengthen the assessment of educational credentials to ensure that immigrants are closer to being ready to work upon arrival in Canada. FSW applicants will have their foreign educational credentials assessed and verified abroad as a part of the application process.

Today, Minister Kenney announced two additional changes that will help transform Canada's immigration system. One proposed change would help CIC ensure FSW applicants meet current labour market needs. It would allow new rules set out in Ministerial Instructions to apply to people who have already submitted an application. For example, instructions could place a priority on a specific occupation, such as doctors, and have existing applications from doctors processed first, regardless of where they are in the queue.

A similar change would allow new regulations, once approved, to apply retrospectively to people who have already submitted an application. These changes would help ensure that immigrants are chosen based on Canada's current needs and priorities.

“Canada risks losing the global competition for talent as potential immigrants choose to take their skills to other countries with more responsive immigration systems, rather than remain in the queue for years to have their application processed here,” concluded Minister Kenney. “All of the changes we are exploring will make Canada more competitive with other similarly-placed countries and more attractive to the best and brightest from around the world, and will better match our immigration system with the best interests of the Canadian economy.”

Bossie

Jan 18, 2011
hi,

I am also joining in , I applied in Sept 2011 for Noc 3131 but my application was returned due to cap and i recieved it in january. Waiting for July 2012, gettin all docs set.

Hope we all make it , Up MI 4 ;D

go2moorthy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
hi everybody i am willing to join this group

Grey

Mar 10, 2012
The CIC is very silent nowadays. We can't even find updates to FSW category. Everyone, I suppose, wants to submit their applications before the cap is full. I'll be applying for Noc1122 category, hopefully, it will still be open.

steelz

Sep 6, 2011
Qatar
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrukh ahmad said:
my dear steelz how r you :) :), you r the only old member here , today i completed my last paper , practicals are remaining , what are you doing now a days buddy.

Hello dear Farrukh ,

sorry for being late in answering , its very nice to see old friend, you are starting a new thread, its like rewinding :)

congratulations for completing forms, i still haven't started, i just collected all the documents.

this time it should work for us.

good luck to all people here

pharmacistfarhan

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-5-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent along with application
AOR Received.
PER: 03-7-2013
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-01-2014 , 3rd line appeared on ECAS on Jan 23, 2014, RPRF Request on May 13, 2014, RPRF DD received by LVO on May 19, 2014.
Interview........
Alhumdolillah waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 on Aug 26, 2014, PPR2 on Sep 24, 2014, Decision Made on Sep26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Alhumdullilah Passports received on Sep 30, 2014
LANDED..........
22 Oct 2014
anwar01 said:
I am also with you Dear.
Same NOC.......
Same Rejection from CIC this year due to CAP.....
Same Spirit to apply in July 2012.....
I am geared up.... :) ;D
I'm also gathering all of my docs...to apply on Jul 01, 2012. did u get documents evaluated through PEBC?

Jul 30, 2011
pharmacistfarhan said:
I'm also gathering all of my docs...to apply on Jul 01, 2012. did u get documents evaluated through PEBC?
Hi

Last year, my file got rejected..

This year, i am applying again, Do we need to get again the Work experience letters and transcripts?

what is PEBC evaluation? Please clarify..

Regards
Banupriya

bhallasorav

Sep 27, 2011
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/04/2014
Doc's Request.
FILE number 29/07/2014
Nomination.....
Still waiting
AOR Received.
7/05/2014
hey friends.. last year my file got rejected due to cap reach and some other documents.. i applied under NOC 0631.....i m just preparing my file so that i m ready with it....i just want to know how to get the credentials evaluated.. please advise..

thanks & regards
sorav
wishing everyone best of luck with their NOC's and file preparations...

dilvan

Feb 15, 2012
If your NOC is not a regulated occupation in Canada (0631 is not), you don't need to get credential recognition. As a matter of fact, in the new checklist it does not say anything about it, so at this stage CIC is probably not going to need that.
May be in the future when they introduce the trade's stream and the proffesional stream separately, they will need the credential for the regulated occupation recognized. 8)

bhallasorav

Sep 27, 2011
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/04/2014
Doc's Request.
FILE number 29/07/2014
Nomination.....
Still waiting
AOR Received.
7/05/2014
hey dilvan.. thanks for the update......but i would like to know the difference regulated profession and no regulated.. i wish and hope that 0631 is still their.. coz i ve heard from my friends living there that their is a big time shortage of labour...please advise.

Thanks
sorav

dilvan

Feb 15, 2012
Sorav,
Regulated occupation would usually require some further education in Canada (doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc.). Non regulated occupation would only require adequate experience that could be put into practice in Canada.
Hope the information helps.