+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 01, 2011 FSW Applicants_MI 3

tenby

Jul 6, 2011
BinLaden said:
What you said above is not possible and baseless argument.And please don't argue with me on this as I am a seasoned Investment Banker.

Don't put a point across for the sake of argument on baseless facts. A demand Draft or a international bank draft CANNOT be issued without debiting your account IMMEDIATELY, for a simple reason that banks close their accounts on a daily basis at the end of the day and ledger has to be updated. And moreover DD/BD is not a credit card in which you can rollover the money and charged when the bank wakes up and decides to charge. So your experience CANNOT be EVEN in the RAREST of the incidence. This is nothing less than a bull*censored word*.
Just face the reality. Time will prove that the NOC1122 after 8th July is "game over" whether you believe it or not or whether others have claimed their BDs have been encashed. Let's wait a couple of more days.

M

Mr Mak

BinLaden said:
... I am a seasoned Investment Banker.
Oh sorry, my bad .. i thought you were a civil engineer who helped uncle sam pull off the holes in twin tower...

satish7777

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Mr Mak said:
as i said "Believe it or not.."
Hi
Its no point of believing or not there are certain procedures and system followed by all the banks in the World.
I agree with Bin that it is impossible.
Take a case where the Bank has issued u a BD without debiting your account than you give that BD to the recepient and the recipient presents it an withdraws the money and than you also take out all the money and deposit in some other bank without informing the issuing bank now tell me how will they recover the money.
Understand that Bank is a institution and it lends the deposited money in the account on the higher interest rate than the interest rate what it gives to you and makes money. so if they don't use your money how will they make money

satish7777

Star Member
May 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Mr Mak said:
Oh sorry, my bad .. i thought you were a civil engineer who helped uncle sam pull off the holes in twin tower...
Hi
Think u should not be personal with people.

COOLIZIM

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The International Region of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is responsible for the overseas delivery of Canada's immigration program. About 340 Foreign Services Immigration Officers work for the foreign service of CIC. They may spend more than two-thirds of their career working in visa offices abroad. When not stationed overseas, they work at headquarters in Ottawa. Foreign Services Immigration Officers make decisions that have a real impact on people's lives and contribute to shaping Canada's multicultural reality. They must have in-depth knowledge of the Immigration and refugee Protection Act of Canada and all Canadian legislation that relates to their work.

Working Overseas

Foreign Services Immigration Officers who are stationed overseas take on a large and complex workload from the start of their career, including:

selecting candidates who want to become permanent residents of Canada;
making decisions on the visa applications of visitors, students and temporary workers;
helping refugees settle in Canada;
assisting local airport authorities in identifying passengers seeking to enter Canada using false identification and travel documents;
preparing briefings on migration issues or the social, cultural and economic situation of the country in which they work; and
managing staff and, possibly later in their career, managing a visa section in an embassy.
Working at Headquarters

Foreign Services Immigration Officers assigned to headquarters in Ottawa take on various responsibilities including:

managing and developing the immigration program and policies;
providing operational support to their colleagues overseas;
monitoring aspects of the CIC's program overseas, including immigration targets and changes in refugee flows;
developing programs and policies on sponsored relatives, students, visitors, and temporary workers;
analyzing or developing financial or administrative strategies;
negotiating bilateral agreements on issues such as border controls or illegal migration; and
preparing memos for the Minister on immigration policies.

COOLIZIM

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ness_Fern said:
Hi everyone!

This post is mainly for those who have applied towards the end of July or in August. I understand their chances of getting through are pretty dim (me included..!) but hopefully this is like a ray of hope for them. So just.. hang in there till you hear from the CIO.

I've been reading through some of the threads pertaining to NOC 1122 on this forum and a couple of things stand out:
1) A majority chunk of people have applied early July 2011
2) Only a handful of them have got their BDs or CCs charged till date
3) Almost all members on the forum are applicants. Do we have anyone who's a registered member of CIC? That would be helpful.

I felt, there were also a few general issues. For instance -
1) There isn't too much clarity on what exactly is the procedure followed by CIO Nova Scotia once the application has been received. To be specific, at what stage, exactly, is the CIC website updated; is it as soon as they receive the application or is it after the completeness check or is it once they encash your fees? Most of the responses here seem speculations based on what people report their application status to be.
2) People who've sent their applications early July, have they used the new set of forms? Or have they proceeded with the old forms? For people who's applications have reached CIO after 18th July, I guess it would be imperative to have the forms with 2D barcodes. Is there anyone who has sent their forms to CIO NS after 18th July without the 2D barcode form and have got the fees encashed by CIO? I doubt there would be anyone!

I'd like to give a little background here. My cousin is a registered member of CIC, based in Vancouver, Canada. She's been practising as a lawyer and an immigration consultant.
She handles cases from world over. And as far as I am concerned, I trust her judgement when it comes to how and what the immigration authorities think.

As for my personal case with respect to immigrating to Canada, I've been trying since 2 years now. Last year, I wasn't all that prepared with my documents and stuff, so missed out on being included in the cap by a real long shot.
This year I had everything in order, my entire file was set before 1st July (that's when the new rules were issued, along with some other forms) but my cousin had inside information that few forms were about to be revised. That happened only on the 4th of July, if I'm not mistaken. As a result of this, my cousin suggested that I re-do all the forms and send in the latest forms. I know the website mentions that old forms will be accepted till Nov 18, but as per my cousin, we shouldn't be risking that. Reason being, if they receive 2 applications, one with old forms and one with new on the same day and if its the final day for the cap to be reached and assuming only 1 application can be considered, the one with the latest forms will get through, hands down!!!
I ended up sending across my application to CIO only on 22nd Aug. Yeah! I know! Pretty late!

And till date, until I read the posts on this forum, I didn't know how big a deal that was coz my cousin seemed very positive about it.
What she mentioned was we need to religiously follow the count on the website. As long as it doesn't say that the cap has been reached, we can send our applications and there's a full possibility that it will be considered.
To my bad luck, my application reached CIO on 22nd morning and the site was updated by noon that the cap for 1122 has been reached. So, I'm quite on the edge here.

What happens with my application remains to be seen but I'd like to clear a few things that could be of help to future applicants -
I'll begin by quoting a case my cousin told me about. There were 2 applicants, one from the London VO and the other from the New Delhi, India VO.
Both applicants had the exact same qualification, same number of years of work experience, same age and all other criteria seemed fine.
Unfortunately, there was only 1 place left for the cap to be filled, and only 1 of them could make it through.
At such a time, the guy who applied through the London VO was chosen. I'm not sure as to why exactly they picked the person!
Of course, this incident was before the cap system was introduced and applicants were selected on basis of pure merit.

Basically, the point being, some of it still applies, when there are too many applicants. True that the system works on a first come - first serve basis but at times its a judgement call that the officers take.
Applicants with the most "relevant" experience are considered.
Tip: If your job reference letter has the exact wordings of the JD specified by the CIC for NOC 1122, your file is given a higher importance than others who don't have it.
Another thing is to have the latest forms in your application with all supporting documents intact and properly organized, thereby reducing the work for the officer.
If you have a close look at the application package and if you've been tracking all the forms since last year like I did, you would have noticed that a few forms were revised in November 2010, some were revised in Feb, March or Apr 2011, I'm not really sure on the dates. I ended up preparing my application package 3 times during the whole year, thanks to change in forms. But the moot point is, every form has a bar code like thing at the bottom of the page where the date is inscribed. During the completeness stage, CIO checks that all those dates are the latest. If they aren't, they straight reject your form. Most of these forms, when they're revised no official notification is put up on the CIC site, unless its a major one like the 2D barcode form that was changed lately. The download link is updated with the new form, that's it!
This is in addition to other criteira being met (proof of funds, fee clearance, documents needed etc)
One more parameter that's considered is your total score. The higher your score, the better your chances!

As per my cousin, the number updated on the website for applications received, is most likely before the completeness check happens. Not sure though! I'm open to discussing other theories. Problem is - there's no one to confirm it!
As applications keep getting rejected during the completeness check and payment clearance, other applicants stand a good chance to get through.

Ultimately, no one but the CIO can say who will get through and who won't but good indicators would be to keep tracking everyone who have applied post July 2011 or mid-Aug 2011. You could track whether their BDs or CCs are being encashed. More importantly who gets a rejection letter / email stating reason as cap filled. If we even manage to find one person with such a reason, we can safely assume that everyone who has applied after that will be rejected. Until then.. there is always hope! 8)

Good luck to all.... :)

samirsa

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2012
Doc's Request.
same date
AOR Received.
Application returned due to CAP reached
IELTS Request
with application
LANDED..........
When god allow
Dear senior and fellow applicants

I am going to apply again. However, in new system I am facing difficulties to fill-up application form. Please help me out of this problem-

My wife and I am going to apply. I am the principle applicant. We do not have any children or any other dependents (except my wife).

My question is #

1. Do my wife and I have to fill-up form "Additional Dependents Declaration (IMM 008DEP)"

2. Do my wife and I have to fill-up form "Statutory Declaration of Common-law union (IMM 5409)"

3.Do my wife and I have to fill-up form "Separation Declaration for Minors Traveling to Canada (IMM 5604)"

4. Last application (I got NER) my wife was second applicant. Is her UCI number will be the same as mine and have to put in in Generic application form as mine.?

Pls reply

Thanks

samirsa

::: rockstar :::

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
samirsa said:

I am going to apply again. However, in new system I am facing difficulties to fill-up application form. Please help me out of this problem-

My wife and I am going to apply. I am the principle applicant. We do not have any children or any other dependents (except my wife).

My question is #

1. Do my wife and I have to fill-up form "Additional Dependents Declaration (IMM 008DEP)"
>>> NO

2. Do my wife and I have to fill-up form "Statutory Declaration of Common-law union (IMM 5409)"
>>> if you are married, NO. But if u are not married and staying as common law partner, then YES.

3.Do my wife and I have to fill-up form "Separation Declaration for Minors Traveling to Canada (IMM 5604)"
>>> NO

4. Last application (I got NER) my wife was second applicant. Is her UCI number will be the same as mine and have to put in in Generic application form as mine.?
>>> NO, no need to put the UCI for her, it's only for u.

Pls reply

Thanks

samirsa
hi samirsa,

pls get the answers in blue text.

COOLIZIM

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samirsa said:

My question is #

Pls reply

Thanks

samirsa
Look at the new checklist [IMM 5612] in the cic website and you will know which applications should be filled by you only ,and by you and your wife

nish

Jan 10, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
About to apply.
::: rockstar ::: said:
hi samirsa,

pls get the answers in blue text.

very good rockstar.....i have observed you dont indulge in making theories and arguing with others...but you are always first to help someone with their query.

good work.

+1

may05

Jul 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
PER- Sept. 30, 2011
File Transfer...
AOR- Oct. 19, 2011
Med's Request
Nov.7, 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2, 2011
Passport Req..
1/20/2012
VISA ISSUED...
3/29/2012
hello guys.. ;D ;D ;D

just would like to ask if it's ok for me to update CIO re: our change of address as early as now? or would it be better for me to wait till they finish the eligibility review? ::)

now

VIP Member
Aug 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
already sent
Nomination.....
[img]http://canflag.com/images/canflag/ani1/cf2.gif[/img]
AOR Received.
PER, 15.12.2011
IELTS Request
sent, 8 bands
Med's Request
Med's Done....
1.6.2012 Meds. delivered: 25.6.12. Meds.rec. line on ecas:29.7.12
Passport Req..
PPR 1 16.11.2012 :) DM:19.11 12 PPR 2:10.01.13
VISA ISSUED...
10.01.2013 :) Received, 7.02.13
LANDED..........
nish said:
very good rockstar.....i have observed you dont indulge in making theories and arguing with others...but you are always first to help someone with their query.

good work.

+1
I agree,rockstar really rocks :) +1 for him from me too and +1 for lubob as he is another one who is always ready to help.(sorry if got the genders wrong)

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the Fee Payment Form (IMM 5620E), under SECTION A: are my answers correct?

Name of principal applicant (given name(s), surname): Myname Mymiddlename Mysurname
Name of payer (if different from the principal applicant): same as principal applicant
Address of payer (if different from the principal applicant): same as principal applicant

I will use Demand Draft as payment.

thanks!

hey_rigky

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Soon
BinLaden said:
What you said above is not possible and baseless argument.And please don't argue with me on this as I am a seasoned Investment Banker.

Don't put a point across for the sake of argument on baseless facts. A demand Draft or a international bank draft CANNOT be issued without debiting your account IMMEDIATELY, for a simple reason that banks close their accounts on a daily basis at the end of the day and ledger has to be updated. And moreover DD/BD is not a credit card in which you can rollover the money and charged when the bank wakes up and decides to charge. So your experience CANNOT be EVEN in the RAREST of the incidence. This is nothing less than a bull*censored word*.

True,
Account is debited instantly or the money is blocked in the account and u can not make a withdraw on that. but DD.BD are debited on the same time/day they are made.