Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed
mishika said:
dear all

earlier i was applying through an immigration consultant based at delhi.after taking the initial amount they were not giving the proper response.not taking my phone call or the thing like this . i has so many querries.theu didnt . so i didnt pay their rest fees and applied directly.. now they are saying you have to pay the fees with interest as you have signed the contract.now what should i do...

regards
mishika
This is so sad! Contracts are binding to the last minute. We all need to be VERY careful when signing contract. Sincerely, they have a legal ground to sue you and surely they will win.

However, you may end up winning this coming battle if you properly observed the cancellation clause of the contract. You are expected to document all deviation from their services and send a cancellation memo to them based on this.

These consultants are very smart. I personally do not advise you use consultants for your immigration but if you have to, please you someone registered in Canada and based in Canada. From personal experience, the cost of engaging these types of guys (canada registered and based consultant) is almost the same as our local consultant and they render very good services.

In my case with a particular Canadian consultant, my spouse was initially the PA but could not pass her IELTS so i decided to attempt the IELTS and I passed with all HIGH. In the contract signed with them, we initially paid $1000 and the balance of $999 on the allocation of file no by CIC. Also, the contract specifically says that the agreement is non-transferable. But guess what, i approached them and they consented to swap my spouse's agreement for me!

The same friend in Nigeria wanted to do this but our local consultant said it a violation of the contract and that they should agree on a new contract and payment plan. Guess what again, no refund for the initial contract.

These local consultants are just dubious. Please talk to your lawyer and get quality advise on how to go about this.

Omo Naija

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 24, 2013
Nice talk ojoolusegun....

+1 for you :D

R

RKC

nish said:
dont be afraid. just send them a written letter through a registered post describing about details of your transactions and payments made to them and what service was expected from them in exchange to the fees. also mention in details the poor standard of service given by them and how you have suffered and what loss you have made. doesnt matter if you bluff a bit and exagrate things. Dont forget to ask for refund of the entire fees you have paid.

send it through registered post only. by this they will understand that you have brains and you have guts to fight with them even in consumer court.

but do not show any mercy to these stupid consultants who tries to fool customers who trust them blindly.
Hi mishika, sanity, nish,

I 'm having a similar dispute with Abhinav. After losing money, a chance of PR last year despite all the hard work for arranging documents because of their lax attitude, now we are fighting to have our money back. It's tough to scoop out your own money from their coffers. Series of email exchanges later with their founder they have agreed to pay us only 50% of the fees they charged . If not acceptable they told us "You can go to court". We are still not done with it & we are insisting that they should at least return us the amount minus whatever cost they incurred. The guys are not ready to budge. :mad:

alirezaei

Aug 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with App
AOR Received.
22-09-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App
For those who may be intrested:

My application received on July 6 and
yesterday I got notified my BD has been encashed on Aug 8

Good luck my friends :)

ezaz

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Jun 2012
Doc's Request.
sent
IELTS Request
sent
alirezaei said:
For those who may be intrested:

My application received on July 6 and
yesterday I got notified my BD has been encashed on Aug 8

Good luck my friends :)
Congrates!!!
Code:

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
mishika said:
dear all

earlier i was applying through an immigration consultant based at delhi.after taking the initial amount they were not giving the proper response.not taking my phone call or the thing like this . i has so many querries.theu didnt . so i didnt pay their rest fees and applied directly.. now they are saying you have to pay the fees with interest as you have signed the contract.now what should i do...

regards
mishika
They also did not provide the service they promised to provide, so in my view they "broke the contract" before you did.

Personally I would tell these crooks very strongly the reasons that you did not continue with them, and let them try to take you to court. Send them your reasons in writing by a recorded delivery service and get them to acknowledge your letter.

A contract has 2 sides - if they failed to deliver on their side of the contract, why should you be expected to pay on your side?

Wayne.

jeca

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-June-14
AOR Received.
11-Aug-14
Med's Request
19-Feb-15
Med's Done....
09-Mar-15
VISA ISSUED...
24-Nov-2015 CoPR
Phil Chen said:
Well,finally, my App have been charged these days. However, I could not sure what day it was.
Here is my Infomation:
NOC:1122
Date of Sent: 1th of July.
Date of Received: 6th of July
payment:Credit Card
Charged Day: probably 3-5th Aug.
V.O:Hong Kong
For the excel keeper, Phil Chen also has had the CC charged, he posted on the 1122 thread... Please update

nish

Jan 10, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
About to apply.
RKC said:
Hi mishika, sanity, nish,

I 'm having a similar dispute with Abhinav. After losing money, a chance of PR last year despite all the hard work for arranging documents because of their lax attitude, now we are fighting to have our money back. It's tough to scoop out your own money from their coffers. Series of email exchanges later with their founder they have agreed to pay us only 50% of the fees they charged . If not acceptable they told us "You can go to court". We are still not done with it & we are insisting that they should at least return us the amount minus whatever cost they incurred. The guys are not ready to budge. :mad:
we are consumers and we have right to fight if we are not being delivered the service for which we are paying our hard earned money.

consumer courts in india is really good and usually the decisions are made within 3 months time. moreover you can also claim the expense incurred to put up the case in court. and usually the expense incurred to fight a case in consumer court is not more that 5000 rupees.

but more than money it is important to show those fraud consultants that we are not fools and we wont let them go easily.

mishika

Aug 11, 2011
hi all

they give me the below consultation which was wrong as now the cic office require all the documents in a 01 go.and never updated me.

There are three core stages to the Federal Skilled Worker Visa application, which should take 10-12 months to complete. Please see confirmation of all the processing stages:

1. Submission of Application Forms to Canada

Application forms are submitting to Canada for processing which takes between 10 - 12 weeks. While this is processing we will start to gather your supporting documents, such as employment references, qualification documents etc for submission. A telephone consultation is completed to discuss the documents you are required to provide and sample documents are sent via email.

Request to provide all supporting documents, which we call “120 day letter” or “ the pre-medical request”

All of your supporting documents relevant to your points claim are submitted to Citizenship and Immigration Canada for processing. We are normally provided 120 days to provide all documents, but hopefully all documents will already be in place due to the preparation whilst your forms were processing.

While will wait for the next step, you will be sent a list of doctors in your country to obtain quotes for the medical examination. The CIC will issue the medical forms as part of the next request. Therefore, you will not be able to complete the next stage until issued with the correct forms by the CIC.

2. Medical Request

You will be sent a medical form from the CIC to complete a medical examination and x-ray for all migrating family members. Once the medical examination results have been completed, the doctor will send them directly to the CIC. Again, you will be given around 30 or 60 days to complete this request.

3. Visa Stamping

If all the above is successful, you will be sent an invitation by the CIC to stamp your passports with your new residency stamps at your local high commission. Visa stamping at the London CHC is completed by postal service and takes approximately 1-2 weeks to be returned to you.

4. Entry to Canada

Once you receive your passports back, you will need to make an initial entry to Canada within 12 months of visa stamping.

At this stage we do not require your qualification documents and once your application has been submitted we will call you to discuss all the supporting documents required, including qualification documents.

To confirm, to lodge your visa application, you will need to submit the following documents:

1. Application for Permanent Residence
2. Schedule 1 Form
3. Schedule 3 Form
4. Additional Family Form
5. Use of Representative Form
6. Application fee $550-00 CAD Per Adult, $150 Per Child
7. Two (2) passport sized photos
8. Copy of your passport bio data pages

Please also send a copy of your most recent CV, this will help us answer certain questions within the application and will also help when drafting your employment references.

At this stage we do not require evidence of your English language ability; however we strongly recommend that you complete the IELTS as soon as possible. This is a concrete way of confirming your proficiency in the English Language. We will discuss this in the future, but again, we strongly recommend that you complete the IELTS General Training Test and receive 7 in each band.

brar82

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014
Med's Request
10-11-2014
Med's Done....
22-11-2014
mishika said:
hi all

they give me the below consultation which was wrong as now the cic office require all the documents in a 01 go.and never updated me.

There are three core stages to the Federal Skilled Worker Visa application, which should take 10-12 months to complete. Please see confirmation of all the processing stages:

1. Submission of Application Forms to Canada

Application forms are submitting to Canada for processing which takes between 10 - 12 weeks. While this is processing we will start to gather your supporting documents, such as employment references, qualification documents etc for submission. A telephone consultation is completed to discuss the documents you are required to provide and sample documents are sent via email.

Request to provide all supporting documents, which we call “120 day letter” or “ the pre-medical request”

All of your supporting documents relevant to your points claim are submitted to Citizenship and Immigration Canada for processing. We are normally provided 120 days to provide all documents, but hopefully all documents will already be in place due to the preparation whilst your forms were processing.

While will wait for the next step, you will be sent a list of doctors in your country to obtain quotes for the medical examination. The CIC will issue the medical forms as part of the next request. Therefore, you will not be able to complete the next stage until issued with the correct forms by the CIC.

2. Medical Request

You will be sent a medical form from the CIC to complete a medical examination and x-ray for all migrating family members. Once the medical examination results have been completed, the doctor will send them directly to the CIC. Again, you will be given around 30 or 60 days to complete this request.

3. Visa Stamping

If all the above is successful, you will be sent an invitation by the CIC to stamp your passports with your new residency stamps at your local high commission. Visa stamping at the London CHC is completed by postal service and takes approximately 1-2 weeks to be returned to you.

4. Entry to Canada

Once you receive your passports back, you will need to make an initial entry to Canada within 12 months of visa stamping.

At this stage we do not require your qualification documents and once your application has been submitted we will call you to discuss all the supporting documents required, including qualification documents.

To confirm, to lodge your visa application, you will need to submit the following documents:

1. Application for Permanent Residence
2. Schedule 1 Form
3. Schedule 3 Form
4. Additional Family Form
5. Use of Representative Form
6. Application fee $550-00 CAD Per Adult, $150 Per Child
7. Two (2) passport sized photos
8. Copy of your passport bio data pages

Please also send a copy of your most recent CV, this will help us answer certain questions within the application and will also help when drafting your employment references.

At this stage we do not require evidence of your English language ability; however we strongly recommend that you complete the IELTS as soon as possible. This is a concrete way of confirming your proficiency in the English Language. We will discuss this in the future, but again, we strongly recommend that you complete the IELTS General Training Test and receive 7 in each band.
may be they have sent outdated letter of visa process. this is a serious issue and if they have shared this on their letter head then you can sue them in consumer court.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
mishika said:
hi all

When did they send you this letter/consultation?

Wayne.

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
mishika said:
they send this to me on 2nd may 2011 .so that i can apply in july 1 2011
Holy cow ! that is almost after a year since the new rules were announced i.e in June 2010.
You definetly have a reason to take these guys to court so please go ahead and fight the case - they dont deserve a penny !

Sanity

nish

Jan 10, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
About to apply.
silkymalik said:
Hi Mates,

My application received either 3rd or 4th Aug to CIO, Do you think, we can make it into the cap??
depends on the category you have applied for...but anyways...if your application is reached by 4th aug, you have surely made it to cap under any noc.