19 December 2011
Interview........
Of course waived!
Passport Req..
31 January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 Feb 2012
LANDED..........
Soon.... I am having a white Christmas in 2012. Thank you Jesus.
Ravi524 said:
Can someone guide me : I do have a account in TD (canada trust) in toronto. Can i show $14000 proof of funds in my account of Td in toronto. I was on a student visa in canada for 14 months thats why i am holding an account over there. Now i m landing as a immigrant in 2 weeks. I want advice of our senior forum members, my friend would deposit the money in my account in toronto. How can i show this money to the immigration officer at the airport. I do have a debit card of TD bank with me. Would a bank statement of current date would be enough to satisfy the officer that I am holding enough funds to land in canada.

Please help me out guys.

Regards,
Ravi
Yes, a bank statement is good enough as long as the money is yours. E-statments should be good enough but if they require a bank stamped copy they will still let you in and will ask you to provide the proof within 24 hours or so. They don't mention bank statements in the landing proof of funds section of their website as most immigrants do not - and cannot - have a bank account in their name before landing.

timhortons

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July, 2011
AOR Received.
9th Sep, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
29th Sep, 2011
Med's Request
5th December, 2011
Med's Done....
11th January, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5th December, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20th March, 2012
Ravi524 said:
Hi Timhortons,

Do u have any idea would TD bank charge any fees if we deposit any international draft in our account. I am planning to take a draft from here in India.

Ravi
No they wont charge any fee as long as the draft is payable at Canada.. Go to ICICI bank and ask them for an international draft.. most probably, they will issue you a Bank of Montreal DD which can be deposited at any canadian bank for no extra fee.

Tim

Ravi524

Star Member
Sep 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/07/2011
Doc's Request.
18/07/2011. CC charged on 12th SEP 2011
AOR Received.
PER received on 18th OCT 2011.
IELTS Request
7.5 BANDS SEND WITH FILE
File Transfer...
2nd AOR received 14th NOV 2011
Med's Request
03-02-2012
Med's Done....
08-02-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
sent on 11-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2012
LANDED..........
Will Land Soon !!
Big O said:
Yes, a bank statement is good enough as long as the money is yours. E-statments should be good enough but if they require a bank stamped copy they will still let you in and will ask you to provide the proof within 24 hours or so. They don't mention bank statements in the landing proof of funds section of their website as most immigrants do not - and cannot - have a bank account in their name before landing.
I do not have money in my account as of now. I would be borrowing it from my friend in Canada, would this be good enough or you need to have money in your account for more than 6 months or so.

explorer976

Star Member
Oct 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
mailed 4-Jul-11, received 7-Jul-11, CC 16-Aug-11
Doc's Request.
sent all with app
AOR Received.
PER recd 27-Sep-11, started processing 4-jan12
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
13-Jan-12
Med's Done....
25-Jan-12, meds received line - 19Feb12
Passport Req..
5-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
9-Mar-2012, collected 15-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
May 2012 hopefully....
Hi Guys,

I personally submitted my passport last Thursday to LVO and saw decision made next day (which was strange in my eyes...)

Anyway, some members here adviced me that I should try to go for collection next Thursday i.e. tomorrow instead of next Friday which is what LVO instructs.

Now, I just checked mu ecas and firstly on the address space (there was no address up until a couple of days) but today the address is changed to Toronto, Canada and when I click on decision made, this is what I see -

We received your application for permanent residence on July 8, 2011.

We started processing your application on January 4, 2012.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on September 27, 2011 to 20 Ardua Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M9C 3T6. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Now the address in the above update is my aunt's where I land everytime I visit Canada. But she is not a blood relative and I havent mentioned her in my application. So I am wondering why have they got this address??

madhu yadav

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Doc's Request.
sent
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
24 nov 2011
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
2 AOR ON 10.1.2012
Med's Request
7 feb 2012
Med's Done....
17 feb 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7 feb
VISA ISSUED...
by god grace
LANDED..........
happiest day
cogrates explorer u will get visa in few days

R

RKC

Big O said:
Big BrO, it's possible to open a bank account with a Canadian bank ( Bank of Scotia, RBC) even before landing at least for immigrants from India & China. Though I am not sure about immigrants from Dubai. I 'll find it for you.

You can transfer all your funds even before moving, just have to visit their branch to activate the account after you land in Canada. You can also avail of their debit/credit card.

It's important to start building your credit history in Canada right from first days.

Links: http://www.scotiabank.com/cda/content/0,1608,CID12958_LIDen,00.html

http://www.rbc.com/canada/banking-packages/index.html

R

RKC

alaindotcom said:
See you in April or May!

now back to sleep again.... zzzzzz

- sleepless in toronto
Good Night Alain! May all your dreams come true. Take care. Have fun. 8) 8)

R

RKC

RKC said:
Big BrO, it's possible to open a bank account with a Canadian bank ( Bank of Scotia, RBC) even before landing at least for immigrants from India & China. Though I am not sure about immigrants from Dubai. I 'll find it for you.

You can transfer all your funds even before moving, just have to visit their branch to activate the account after you land in Canada. You can also avail of their debit/credit card.

It's important to start building your credit history in Canada right from first days.

By Qorax

To open Scotia bank a/c in Dubai: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t34013.0.html

R

RKC

timhortons said:
Yes I have saved it now and I shall be carrying my phone to everywhere I go now! I still cant imagine.. i was so stupid.. I have sent them an email and and also called back on that number.. the operator said.. they will call again ..
Lets hope there is a happy ending to my story!

Tim
Tim, you better keep your phone within reach all the time. I really hope your Canadian PR story has 'perfect' ending with your visa arriving just in time.

Big O

May 20, 2009
Dubai - UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-July-2011
AOR Received.
PER RECEIVED: 20 SEP 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application (Band 8)
Med's Request
Nov 23 2011, via snail mail.
Med's Done....
19 December 2011
Interview........
Of course waived!
Passport Req..
31 January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 Feb 2012
LANDED..........
Soon.... I am having a white Christmas in 2012. Thank you Jesus.
RKC said:

Thx RKC, the problem with RBC is that the account will not be active untill you are in Canada, so the only proof you will have is the wire transfer paper (which is not solid in my opinion)! This is in Dubai, not sure about other Countries.

With HSBC, in Dubai, you can open your account and activate it before landing! They will courrier the debit card as well as the newcomer CC to your contry of residence as well. It costs 200 $ to do that but it is ,in my opinion, the safest way and you will have access to your money immediately without visiting any branch or having to wait for a DD to be cashed.

timhortons

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July, 2011
AOR Received.
9th Sep, 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
29th Sep, 2011
Med's Request
5th December, 2011
Med's Done....
11th January, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5th December, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20th March, 2012
RKC said:
Tim, you better keep your phone within reach all the time. I really hope your Canadian PR story has 'perfect' ending with your visa arriving just in time.
Thank u so much RKC for the wishes!!
They dint call back or sent any mail as yet! lets hope tomorrow brings a good news and I get my visa soon and dont lose my job!
I just want this journey to end favorably and soon!!!

shijoal

Feb 27, 2011
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
newdelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
06-09=2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
24-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
timhortons said:
Thank you so much bro!
IT IS THEIR RESPONSIBILY TO CONTACT US SOMEHOW. DONT WORRY TIM. ITS OART OF THEIR JOB.
THEY WILL CONTACT YOU, IF THE CALL WAS FROM THEM.

WAIT FOR THAT.

REGARDS

SHIJO

shijoal

Feb 27, 2011
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
newdelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2011
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
06-09=2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
16-01-2012
Med's Done....
24-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
timhortons said:
Hi Ravi

Thew best way is to get a DD done for the required funds ( it can even be a TD draft) but the only way to show your funds there is DD. I also thought of getting a statement of my TD account but then consulted a lawyer there who suggested to get a DD done just to avoid any problem at the last minute! Play safe buddy!
what about opening an account in scotia bank here in india and trnsfering the amount thru our account?

timhortons

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July, 2011
AOR Received.
9th Sep, 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
29th Sep, 2011
Med's Request
5th December, 2011
Med's Done....
11th January, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5th December, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20th March, 2012
shijoal said:
what about opening an account in scotia bank here in india and trnsfering the amount thru our account?
Thats not a bad option shijo! But again i would say, for settlement funds, carry a DD and once you reach there, submit that DD in the scotia bank account that you opened here...thats the safest and best way i can think of! I myself got a DD from my TD bank while i came back to India and I shall show the same one when i land there and then submit in my account. Bank statement is something that is never upto date. even if u take the latest statement, it will still be 2-3 days old when u reach there and by that time, u could have withdrawn the amount from ur account.. so DD is a foolproof way to show settlement funds..:)