+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

judge issued rq reason is 5(1e)

WINDSORAPPLY

Mar 15, 2014
hi everyone , my wife and i received rq after exam on january 2013. I chick my atip and find judge need rq and interviewing. The reason of rq is 5(ie) of citizenship act on the rq letter. who know what is meaning? thanks

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
WINDSORAPPLY said:
hi everyone , my wife and i received rq after exam on january 2013. I chick my atip and find judge need rq and interviewing. The reason of rq is 5(ie) of citizenship act on the rq letter. who know what is meaning? thanks
Citizenship act of Canada 5(1e) reads:

5(1)The Minister shall grant citizenship to any person who(e)has an adequate knowledge of Canada and of the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship

So you got an RQ because the judge feels that you don't have an adequate knowledge of Canada and of the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you sure that it doesn't say 5 (1)c)? If so, this is the standard RQ letter. 5(1)c) relates to residence, so a residence questionnaire makes some sense. Using an RQ to assess adequate knowledge of Canada and of the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship would be weird, especially because this is what the test does and you passed the test.

If it does say 5 (1)e), I would be really thankful if you could quote the whole letter (taking out your personal info of course) since I have never heard of such a letter and I'm always interested in getting a fuller picture of how CIC operates.

Thanks and good luck.

WINDSORAPPLY

Mar 15, 2014
My wife and i applyed citizenship together. At the first time of test only i attended because my wife was deliving baby just 10 days. I explained that to the officer when i was interviewing. the interview just only use about 10 minutes. the officer only ask my little questions. Then after about 1 month my wife take the second exam . After about 2 months we received RQ together . in the letter it said "in order to assist the citizenship judeg in determining whether you meet the residence requirements under paragraph 5(1e) of the citizenship act ,pleast complete this questionnaire in detail" . i check my atip and sure i passed the exam . but in my wife's atip there is no pass or fail about the exam. And my wife call cic the person make sure she passed the exam. in my wife's atip about the test say " hearing required" . Another place at atip say " type :record test results status: hearing required"

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
I think the judge didn't believed in your wife's case and is in doubt that she was in fact out of country.

tovaritch

May 31, 2014
What is your timeline and your local office?
I've the same: RQ issued by judge and under test, they did'nt record my test results, it says hearing required.

tovaritch

May 31, 2014
WINDSORAPPLY said:
we applyed at august 2011, test at oct 2012 ,rq is january 2013
And your local office?
What is your case stage and status on your atip file (open or on hold?). They usually put RQ files on hold but mine is assess and open.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WINDSORAPPLY said:
but why the reason is 5(1e) of citizenship act?
Since there are no residence requirements in section 51e of the citizenship act "in order to assist the citizenship judeg in determining whether you meet the residence requirements under paragraph 5(1e) of the citizenship act," doesn't make sense.

This is about residence, not knowledge. They sent an RQ.

So, I would guess that this is a typo. I checked the new Citizenship Act to see if the section numbering changed, but it hasn't. So, either CIC made an error, it's a misprint or maybe you misread the letters?

tovaritch

May 31, 2014
eileenf said:
Since there are no residence requirements in section 51e of the citizenship act "in order to assist the citizenship judeg in determining whether you meet the residence requirements under paragraph 5(1e) of the citizenship act," doesn't make sense.

This is about residence, not knowledge. They sent an RQ.

So, I would guess that this is a typo. I checked the new Citizenship Act to see if the section numbering changed, but it hasn't. So, either CIC made an error, it's a misprint or maybe you misread the letters?
Hi Eileen
Is it usual situation that the citizenship judge request RQ? According to the citizenship act the judge can request RQ but judges get ''routine'' citizneship files with recommendation of CIC for approval is it right? CIC can issue RQ before transfering files to citizenship judges if they have doubts!