Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2013
AOR Received.
Apr-2013
Omshri said:
beasty.boy, Did you got ur medical request??
Omshri.... Not yet & I don't expect to get MR before Nov.
Did you get my PM? Please check your inbox

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
Thank you. I replied your email

July_CEC

Jul 29, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
24-09-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
Passport Req..
03-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
jsm0085 said:
On this subject, I'm 100% correct. I'm in the same boat! To all future CEC applicants, DO NOT CHANGE YOUR JOB TITLE TO MATCH THAT OF THE NOC! :)
Thanks for your suggestion...it really helps..

Blackking

Star Member
Sep 2, 2015
I'm in the same situation as you. The offer letter from my company's Canada operations mentioned a specific position (say ABC), the letter from my company to the regional Canadian Consulate mentioned the same position, but then when I landed in Canada 2 years back something interesting happened at the airport immigration counter. I was taken to an officer who looked at the documentation & said "so, your position says you are ABC, but I don't have anything matching that", then noticed my company name and asked "Do you work with computers?". I nodded & then when I got my closed work permit (CWP), I saw that my job title was "Computer Systems Analyst". This goes to prove that the immigration officer tries to help you, but he is not the best person to translate what is in the documentation to the right NOC job title. To make things worse, my CWP also mentioned that I cannot work in a job other than what was mentioned. I was concerned, but then my company & my colleagues (whose CWP had the same problem) said it was common for that mismatch & as long as I have the right documentation to prove otherwise I should be fine.

I thought it was just an opinion until I saw my renewed work permit for the second year. My job title still had 'Computer Systems Analyst', but Remarks section at the bottom read "Intracompany Transferee - Specialized Knowledge" followed by my actual job title ABC which means there was a way to indicate what I'm actually doing, but for whatever reason they could not alter the job title itself.

After completing 2 years, I managed to get a reference letter from my company for my actual job title ABC. When I decided to apply for PR, I went back to my colleagues who had previously applied for PR & asked if having a different job title in their work permit was a problem. Many of them have been approved & currently hold a PR. For those who have been rejected, it was for reasons other than having a different title in the work permit. Some others have passed eligibility (according to GCMS) and waiting for medicals. As for me, I've applied & I'm awaiting a decision - so, I can't tell from personal experience. I'd say you don't have to worry about what is in the work permit as long as you can prove the role you came for & the role you have been performing matches the responsibilities for the NOC code mentioned in your application. All your documentation including your reference letter should prove that. So far, I have searched enough & not found any official material that supports or contradicts the above.

Again, please keep in mind that I'm still awaiting a decision (which I won't know until Nov or Dec this year) & can't tell about my personal experience until I get the decision from CIC. It is up to you to make an informed choice with what you have. All the best! :)
Hi thanks for the detail so what’s the decision?