+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job transfer outside Canada - EE ITA Canadian Experience Class

awmom

May 23, 2020
Hi ,

I received my ITA in the Canadian Experience class express entry draw. I have been working for an employer here for 14 months now, and my Work permit has validity till end of year. My CRS score includes Canada's work experience points , and also 50 points for a job offer to work for the employer for a year after I get the PR. I have documents that show the Canadian work experience for 1 .4 years as well as the job offer from employer. I need the job offer and experience points to meet my invite points for eligibility.

I have received an internal transfer for the same employer outside Canada. I am unable to submit my ITA acceptance due to delays in getting documents such as PCC ( COVID issues) before I relocate.

My question is will my job transfer outside Canada change my eligibility? Will changing my current employment information and address after getting the ITA make my eligibility invalid? Please advice.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi ,

I received my ITA in the Canadian Experience class express entry draw. I have been working for an employer here for 14 months now, and my Work permit has validity till end of year. My CRS score includes Canada's work experience points , and also 50 points for a job offer to work for the employer for a year after I get the PR. I have documents that show the Canadian work experience for 1 .4 years as well as the job offer from employer. I need the job offer and experience points to meet my invite points for eligibility.

I have received an internal transfer for the same employer outside Canada. I am unable to submit my ITA acceptance due to delays in getting documents such as PCC ( COVID issues) before I relocate.

My question is will my job transfer outside Canada change my eligibility? Will changing my current employment information and address after getting the ITA make my eligibility invalid? Please advice.
To get the 50 job offer points, your employer has to give you a letter specifically stating that they will continue to employ you in a job in Canada for at least one year after you become a PR. Do you have such a letter from your employer?

If you are being transferred to a job outside of Canada, then I don't see how you can claim the 50 job offer points. These points are for having a job offer in Canada.

awmom

May 23, 2020
To get the 50 job offer points, your employer has to give you a letter specifically stating that they will continue to employ you in a job in Canada for at least one year after you become a PR. Do you have such a letter from your employer?

If you are being transferred to a job outside of Canada, then I don't see how you can claim the 50 job offer points. These points are for having a job offer in Canada.
Thanks for responding, Scylla . Yes I do have such a job offer letter from my employer. I am being transferred by the same employer outside the country. So does that mean I can move out without any impact on my ITA response and subsequent PR processing.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for responding, Scylla . Yes I do have such a job offer letter from my employer. I am being transferred by the same employer outside the country. So does that mean I can move out without any impact on my ITA response and subsequent PR processing.
No - I don't think that's the case. It's possible you may get away with this. However if IRCC determines you are no longer in Canada while processing your applications, you'll lose the 50 points and your application will be refused for having insufficient points. You can't claim you have a job offer in Canada if you're not even working here under your ICT. Again, it all depends on whether IRCC catches you or not. There may be some small risk of a misrepresentation finding if they catch you.

awmom

May 23, 2020
No - I don't think that's the case. It's possible you may get away with this. However if IRCC determines you are no longer in Canada while processing your applications, you'll lose the 50 points and your application will be refused for having insufficient points. You can't claim you have a job offer in Canada if you're not even working here under your ICT. Again, it all depends on whether IRCC catches you or not. There may be some small risk of a misrepresentation finding if they catch you.
Thank you. that is what I am trying to determine. I have points for having completed 1 year of work here in Canada on my work permit. I also have the job offer from my employer stating they will employ me for 1 year after I get my PR. I will be working for the same employer outside Canada. Do the IRCC rules require that I continue to be employed in Canada by the same employer who provided the job offer, until the PR is awarded?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you. that is what I am trying to determine. I have points for having completed 1 year of work here in Canada on my work permit. I also have the job offer from my employer stating they will employ me for 1 year after I get my PR. I will be working for the same employer outside Canada. Do the IRCC rules require that I continue to be employed in Canada by the same employer who provided the job offer, until the PR is awarded?
Since you are under an ICT and LMIA exempt, yes.

If you want to be able to move out of Canada, keep the 50 job offer points and have zero risk of PR being refused, your employer will need to obtain an approved LMIA. That's the only out here I see.

Jaffer60000

Nov 6, 2020
Since you are under an ICT and LMIA exempt, yes.

If you want to be able to move out of Canada, keep the 50 job offer points and have zero risk of PR being refused, your employer will need to obtain an approved LMIA. That's the only out here I see.
Hi Scylla

Can you please advise me

My PR is in processing (CEC outland) and currently staying Outside Canada

I am planning to change my current Job. Will this affect my PR application processing ? and Do I have to inform CIC about my job change outside Canada ?

Thanks for your answer in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I know this is a year old but the 1 year job has to be 1 year employed by the company in Canada not abroad.