+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

job titles are not ultimate,applicant Performing major duties of the occupation

napster

Aug 17, 2009
http://immig-canada.blogspot.com/2009/08/changes-in-federal-skilled-worker.html

Most immigrants to Canada are clearly aware of the long log jam at Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) and, although to a smaller extent, provincial nominee programs. Canada might have one of the main open immigration systems in the world, but processing times of Canadian Immigration are lag behind many other countries – often taking 3-5 (or more) years for conclusion.

As part of a plan to decrease the immigration holdup and speed up processing of immigrants with the most active skills, the Canadian government newly embarked on a complete review of the Federal Skilled Worker program.

At the end of November 2008, the Minister for Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued the long expected instructions on the 38 occupations entitled for processing after February 28, 2008.

The number shown prior to each occupational title corresponds to the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code, which is a consistent method of categorize and telling occupations in Canada. Each NOC code holds a description of major job duties, a variety of job titles, job (skill and education) requirements and other information. For the reason of the Federal Skilled Worker program, job titles are not ultimate; the issue is whether the applicant has no less than 1 year of experience in the previous 10 years performing the major duties of the appropriate occupation.
All candidates to the Federal Skilled Worker program have to score still at least 67 points out of a maximum of 100 points under the government’s evaluation criteria. Points are calculated based on age, education, work experience, language ability, and arranged employment and adaptability factors.
At the same time as these changes to the Federal Skilled Worker program have been hot, for those candidates who meet the new criteria, CIC is indicating that processing times will range from 6-12 months.

EstherGC

Aug 14, 2009
Re: job titles are not ultimate,applicant Performing major duties of the occupat

Thanks for posting this - it clarifies what I was grappling with today while trying to fill out the application.
Cheers, Esther

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
Good post. I struggled with this one too. All the seniors have been saying it but one guy "CANSUN" has been spreading misinformation.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/hi-rupeshhari-can-u-clear-this-query-t15481.0.html;msg68448#msg68448

CanSun

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
New 2 Canada - I have not been spreading MISINFORMATION - I have relayed my personal experience and I think I am entitled to it. It is a free site and one can write anything one feels or wants. So can you whether you like it or not. Just because I dont agree with you on a host of issues doesnt mean I am sending "misinformation".

If you don't like something which I write - please feel free to criticize me - you are entitled to that - thats your personal opinion.

Similarly - if I dont like or agree with something you write, I have a right to express myself - whether you like it or not - I couldnt care less(I think I said that to you before also).

Just out of curiosity - HOW MUCH DID YOU SCORE IN IELTS ???? Your score will answer a lot of my concerns to water it down.

Incognito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2009
Doc's Request.
21-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
16-Jun-2010
File Transfer...
21-May-2010
Med's Request
30-Nov-2010
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2011
If I worked in 2 places at the same time.
And in one of them as IT manager, does it can be considered enough to apply.
So just to summarize I need info on those points.

Does it normal for Canada
1. To work at same time in 2 places. (In one of them my position is OK for NOC)
2. To study and work at the same time.

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
CanSun said:
New 2 Canada - I have not been spreading MISINFORMATION - I have relayed my personal experience and I think I am entitled to it. It is a free site and one can write anything one feels or wants. So can you whether you like it or not. Just because I dont agree with you on a host of issues doesnt mean I am sending "misinformation".

If you don't like something which I write - please feel free to criticize me - you are entitled to that - thats your personal opinion.

Similarly - if I dont like or agree with something you write, I have a right to express myself - whether you like it or not - I couldnt care less(I think I said that to you before also).

Just out of curiosity - HOW MUCH DID YOU SCORE IN IELTS ???? Your score will answer a lot of my concerns to water it down.
Actually, you used the word MISINFORMATION first in your previous post. I guess in your world, it is okay for you to critisize but not others.
I am merely criticizing as you did in your previous post about someone else misinforming the public here and in fact through CIC website, the OP has shown, your accusation is wrong and you were the one misinforming.

IELTS - you couldn't have done better than me. You may have equalled me but impossible to do better. Was that your idea of a cheap shot? You are quite funny.

vamsi001

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
There will always be misunderstanding people! Please CanSun and New2Canada, let's bury the hatchet in God's name, let's not be personal regarding minor issues of misunderstanding, let's continue to share experiences and information.
Please forgive and forget all the misunderstandings ok?
This life is all about opinions and remember we don't even know ourselves so I don't think it is worth arguing on matters like this rather than sharing experiences.

Thank you and God bless

Incognito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2009
Doc's Request.
21-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
16-Jun-2010
File Transfer...
21-May-2010
Med's Request
30-Nov-2010
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2011
So does someone have just any info concerning my post.
Please this is very important for me.

Thank you in advance.

CanSun

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Thanks for saying I am quite funny - I am working on that part very hard !!!

Actually my Idea of a Cheap Shot is something different - I can't tell you because you wont be able to comprehend that - regarding IELTS - I think I can do much much better than you - because you didnt even understand what I wrote in my post which you bought up below.

Read my post regarding the differences between US and Canadian Immigration and compare it with the Immigration Statistics in www.dhs.gov (Homeland Security Website) and then we will talk - that is if you get what I wrote in my "MISINFORMATION EMAIL".

Sorry buddy - unlike you I prefer to be a leader than a blind follower.

CanSun

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Incognito - as long as you can get backup information for one of your employers regarding the IT Manager NOC code for 1 year - you should be OK.

In any case apply with the full backup - you have nothing to loose.

Incognito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2009
Doc's Request.
21-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
16-Jun-2010
File Transfer...
21-May-2010
Med's Request
30-Nov-2010
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2011
Yes I can get confirmation from my employer that I was working as an IT manager in that company during 1.5 years.
But at the same time I was working in my current company as Software developer.
Does it will me help me for FSW. I heard that it is not considered as something good to work at the same time in two companies or to study and work at the same time.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I initially commented on this thread and then took it out. It seems quite futile to argue in a forum where we are around to help each other out.

Napster, EsterGC, new2canada - yes, title doesn't seem as important as duties. Of course, it is best to have both but if you only have either title or duties, then you are lucky if you have the duties.

Incognito - if you have done one year of work in 0213 (equivalent to full time), then this is good to apply. It should be continuous too.
It is okay to study and work or to work in two different places. It is not seen as good or bad. What they might have concern with is, that you were a manager in one and a normal worker in the other. How long is your experience in your field.

Incognito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2009
Doc's Request.
21-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
16-Jun-2010
File Transfer...
21-May-2010
Med's Request
30-Nov-2010
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2011
Dear rupeshhari,

Thank you for your feedback.
Yes I agree that it can sound a little strange to be manager and developer at the same time.
But it is completely true and I can provide all the needed documents to Embassy.
I am working in IT since 2005 from which 1.5 as IT manager in company (I am co-founder) and starting from 2006 as a software developer in one of the biggest telecom. ops. in the world. Also got Master during 2007-2009.
So I am interested does it is OK or is it enough for NOC ?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Yep, you would need to provide all the necessary documentation. Just make sure it is clear so they have no doubt.
I cannot say whether your experience qualifies you for 0213 or not. Best is to apply and see. The ultimate cost is not so bad.