+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job title not matching example titles of NOC

spatel321

Nov 28, 2020
Hello.. after looking at multiple NOC, i have figured out one NOC to which my current job roles and responsibilities matches to an extent of 70-80%
but job title and employment requirement mentioned under that NOC dosent match with my existing job.
Can you please advise if it can be an issue and how can it be resolved

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hello.. after looking at multiple NOC, i have figured out one NOC to which my current job roles and responsibilities matches to an extent of 70-80%
but job title and employment requirement mentioned under that NOC dosent match with my existing job.
Can you please advise if it can be an issue and how can it be resolved
Sanjith Lohidakshan As per IRCC, what matters is that your job duties listed in your work reference letter should substantially match the job duties of the NOC selected. It does not matter whether your job title matches or not, but the job duties should. Your NOC is not based upon the occupation in demand but your job roles and responsibilities. As per IRCC:
The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 [R75(2)(a)].
The applicant’s skilled work experience must also
have occurred within the ten years preceding the date of their application for permanent residence.

pkchu

Jan 4, 2022
Sanjith Lohidakshan As per IRCC, what matters is that your job duties listed in your work reference letter should substantially match the job duties of the NOC selected. It does not matter whether your job title matches or not, but the job duties should. Your NOC is not based upon the occupation in demand but your job roles and responsibilities. As per IRCC:
The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 [R75(2)(a)].
The applicant’s skilled work experience must also
have occurred within the ten years preceding the date of their application for permanent residence.

What if my job title has an noc code but my duties have different noc code. will that create a complications.

will letter of explanation can solve it