Job Title in Express Entry

warsapp

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Hi everyone.
Quick question should we use one of job titles from www5.hrsdc.gc.ca?
or we should only select 4 digit NOC code and write job title as it appears in our work book or letter of reference even if there is no such job titles found on that site?

Reactions: ChoksBrissy

stak

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also facing same situation...my company reference letters showing my designation details and it is not same as 2174 NoC job code title.software developer..
My reference letter shows job title as Technical Associate which is my designation and it was changed to Sr. Technical Associate after promotion.
Does any body knows what to mention for job title in this case???

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
stak said:
I am also facing same situation...my company reference letters showing my designation details and it is not same as 2174 NoC job code title.software developer..
My reference letter shows job title as Technical Associate which is my designation and it was changed to Sr. Technical Associate after promotion.
Does any body knows what to mention for job title in this case???

Your job responsib. shld be similar/match the ones listed on NOC codes. Title could be anything. NOC code and resp are most imp. Probably good to mention latest job title with a timeline of promotions and responsib.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
warsapp said:
Hi everyone.
Quick question should we use one of job titles from www5.hrsdc.gc.ca?
or we should only select 4 digit NOC code and write job title as it appears in our work book or letter of reference even if there is no such job titles found on that site?
It is not necessary for your job title in reference letter to match the title of NOC. The roles and responsibilities that you are doing should match the roles and responsibilities of the NOC.

Kiki10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-09-2015
Hi,

What should I use in my case?

I am an accountant and for past years I was working with job duties as described per NOC 1111- Accountant. BUT.... This is regulated in Canada and it states that you must have Canadian accountancy qualification- which I don't have. So should I use this NOC code?

The jobs before that I was doing for another 3-4 year were as per duties description NOC 1311- accountant technician- I have WES accredited qualification to support this.

My question is- what NOC should I use for my last job? Title and job duties match, but I do not have Canadian qualification for that job. (In UK I was part qualified and there is no regulation)

Please help

Thank you

Reactions: drerhys

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kiki10 said:
Hi,

What should I use in my case?

I am an accountant and for past years I was working with job duties as described per NOC 1111- Accountant. BUT.... This is regulated in Canada and it states that you must have Canadian accountancy qualification- which I don't have. So should I use this NOC code?

The jobs before that I was doing for another 3-4 year were as per duties description NOC 1311- accountant technician- I have WES accredited qualification to support this.

My question is- what NOC should I use for my last job? Title and job duties match, but I do not have Canadian qualification for that job. (In UK I was part qualified and there is no regulation)

Please help

Thank you
Your NOCs for individual jobs don't matter as much as your Primary NOC does to your chances of rejection on this basis.

You'll have to ensure that your primary NOC,

1. Isn't from a regulated occupation (else there will be other statutory requirements but I'm ill informed on that front).

2. Is in line with your qualifications - in your case you've already confirmed that is true for 1311.

3. Is linked with your past work experience(s) to the tune of ensuring your eligibility for EE (1 year of full-time work experience in the last 10 years), your eligibility as determined under the specific program (if FSW, you need to ensure that the points gained by your work experience(s) under this NOC ensures that you get to the qualifying score of 67/100) and finally the points on work experience that you claim for your CRS score (though this is across NOCs so not much of a concern).

Hope that clarifies.

warsapp

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
rajanvnv said:
It is not necessary for your job title in reference letter to match the title of NOC. The roles and responsibilities that you are doing should match the roles and responsibilities of the NOC.
I think you don't understand what we are talking about. Of course there is no problem finding out the primary NOC. We are talking about JoB TITle should be written in express entry profile as it is in our job reference letter(and there is no such job title described on hrds.ca) or we should pick the one which is given in NoC description on hrds.ca? NoT Noc but job title . Ok?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
warsapp said:
I think you don't understand what we are talking about. Of course there is no problem finding out the primary NOC. We are talking about JoB TITle should be written in express entry profile as it is in our job reference letter(and there is no such job title described on hrds.ca) or we should pick the one which is given in NoC description on hrds.ca? NoT Noc but job title . Ok?
Rajanvnv is right.

You should input your job titles in your EE profile exactly as they appear in your reference letters for all your past and current jobs. It need not match any title in the NOC list. However, the NOC details of your chosen NOC for a particular job should match the roles & responsibilities of that job.

Hope this clarifies. All the best!

warsapp

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Asivad Anac said:
Rajanvnv is right.

You should input your job titles in your EE profile exactly as they appear in your reference letters for all your past and current jobs. It need not match any title in the NOC list. However, the NOC details of your chosen NOC for a particular job should match the roles & responsibilities of that job.

Thanks for your idea. Is there any link to prove your point?
Here what I found on CIC site
Find your job title, code and skill type
Use this table to find the NOC information that best matches your jobs:

Disclaimer: This table is for your convenience. If any part conflicts with information on the NOC website, assume that the NOC website is correct.
Enter your job title in the “Filter items” field. As you type in the words, the table will adjust to display the NOC related to the words you entered.

Disclaimer: This table is for your convenience. If any part conflicts with information on the NOC website, assume that the NOC website is correct.
Enter your job title in the “Filter items” field. As you type in the words, the table will adjust to display the NOC related to the words you entered.
Click on the NOC title (to visit the NOC site) and make sure the main duties listed match what you did at your job (if they do not, you will need to find a different job title with duties that match yours).
Write down the numeric code shown on the left column (example: 7253).
Write down the NOC title shown on the center column (example: Gas fitters).
Write down the skill level or type shown on the right column (example: B).
Showing 1 to 10 of 500 entriesShow entriesFilter items

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
warsapp said:
Thanks for your idea. Is there any link to prove your point?
Here what I found on CIC site

Click on the NOC title (to visit the NOC site) and make sure the main duties listed match what you did at your job (if they do not, you will need to find a different job title with duties that match yours).
Write down the numeric code shown on the left column (example: 7253).
Write down the NOC title shown on the center column (example: Gas fitters).
Write down the skill level or type shown on the right column (example: B).
Showing 1 to 10 of 500 entriesShow entriesFilter items
I do not see any disconnect between what is on the CIC site and what has already been commented on this thread.

If the main duties of the NOC corresponding to a particular job title do not match the roles & responsibilities at your job, then you must choose a more appropriate NOC. The NOC is HR Canada's internal classification and it is not used by organizations globally to define either their job titles or the associated R&R.

What that line you highlighted means is that you'll have to find the closest approximate NOC to your job role (not job title) in case of not getting an exact match to your job title.

As an example, organization A might term a role Software Developer while B calls the same role Software Programmer and C terms it Software Architect. If the main duties of all these jobs are similar, these different job titles converge to a single NOC - 2174 in this instance.

Continuing the above example, while filling up the EE profile, all 3 individuals will input the NOC as 2174 and the job title as it appears in their respective employment records.

Hope that clarifies. All the best!

rico251

Mar 22, 2014
Cagayan de Oro City
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day, I am bumping this thread because I also have a clarification. I applied based on noc code 3012 nurse and met criteria for skilled worker. But I know I still need to register to regulatory bodies in Canada to qualify and work as a registered nurse in Canada. As I set up my profile in job bank to look for a job match, can I write my work experience in the hospital to the works like personal care provider (code 4412)? It is a different work setting but very similar or the the same duties performed.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
NOC-2281 for my work experience...i Need to know how can u differentiate roles and responsibilities in ur own wording from given wording in NOC??? Could anyone help??

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Rajanvnv is right.

Asivad,
Thanks for reassuring my understanding is right, coz., I don't want to misguide people in this wonderful forum.

S

sutyfornow

rajanvnv said:
Asivad,
Thanks for reassuring my understanding is right, coz., I don't want to misguide people in this wonderful forum.
Friends my job duties in my reference letter covers about half the points mentioned in the EE is that a problem?

param_bir

Jun 24, 2015
While uploading my documents for post ITA I realized for my current job under 4163 as Noc business development officer I received the reference letter for my employer as Executive Officer but I by mistakenly mentioned business development officer in the job title. Would the effect my profile. Please suggest.